Evil Toaster 5: The End of Evil Toaster

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Evil Toaster 5: The End of Evil Toaster

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:17 am

UPDATE: Listen up, punks! Evil Toaster 5 and my other games will no longer have updates released on PcPuzzle. Click the link on my signature to go to the new forum dedicated towards our gam(e)s: Epigam!

Make an account and start posting there! It will inspire me to work harder and faster. :D

If the link in my signature is missing for some reason, click here: http://epigam.prophpbb.com/

Warning! This topic contains spoilers for the ending of Evil Toaster 4, unless you don't care because the storylines for the previous games are lame anyways.

Also, from now on, please post stuff related to certain Evil Toaster games in the appropriate topics - post stuff for Evil Toaster 3 in the Evil Toaster 3 topic. Not here.

For those who haven't played the previous games, here are the links to their topics:

Evil Toaster
Evil Toaster 2: The Toaster Army
Evil Toaster 3: Gears of Toasters
Evil Toaster 4: Lost in Time

Evil Toaster 5 takes place a short amount of time after Evil Toaster 4. The Apple has finally decided on his name: App. However, things aren't looking too good for the apples as the Seed of Peace has been proven nonexistent and the Evil Toaster escaped through the Worminator. Having decoded the Code Signs that were scattered across time, the apples decide to conduct an expedition to break down the Great Stone Wall - App's arch nemesis Frank is supposedly behind it, KILL HIM, KILL HIM!

However, once they get past the Great Stone Wall, Frank isn't anywhere to be found. Instead, they find more apples who are less than welcoming towards them, along with the local Refrigerator Army. Plus, the second Caginator caged up all of the green apples once more. No worries, App has broken plenty of cages, right? The thing is, there's been unusual characters appearing recently, including the Bots, an armored apple whose identity is unknown, and creatures made of pure light. Soon enough, crap hits the fan and App's entire planet is at stake. It's up to App and his friends to save their home!

There will be many new characters, plenty of comic relief, and a slightly more focused plot! Stay tuned.

Demo 4: THE UNLUCKY UPDATE
Even though it was released on Friday the 13th, this is the best Evil Toaster release yet! It adds about 200% more gameplay to the game!

Updates and Bugfixes:
Chapter 4 and its elements added
Fixed a bug that made it possible to die after beating Angela and Numera
Fixed the electric circle sprite getting cut off
Removed the Tricky Toaster in Soap's Important Adventure, Part 3
There are now 300 death messages
New loading bar
Enemies now explode when killed instead of mysteriously vanishing out of existence
Dark Dimension added
Tweaked the dialogue of the sign in the level select that talks about Gold Gems
Red Gems added
Blue Gems added
Tweaked some levels so that their Blue Gem would be possible to get
Eased down the second truck level a tiny bit
Fixed a bug that caused App to automatically D-Smash right after entering a level
Fixed a bug that caused App to sometimes "bounce" while riding elevators downwards
Tweaked the "Are you sure you want to leave this climatic level?" dialogue to make sense in the Dark Dimension
It is now possible to ride on top of trucks
Nerfed the insane amount of Gripples in Fancy Roflcopters

Demo 4B Release:
Fixed a dialogue blip in Chapter 4's climatic level
Fixed a cutscene glitch in Chapter 4's climatic level
Fixed Bouncers getting stuck on ceilings
Fixed a bug that caused the player to get sent to the Dark Dimension when exiting a climatic level via CTRL
Fixed the Smart Toaster glitch in Soap's Important Adventure, Part 4
Fixed a death message glitch which caused the game to crash

Demo 4C Release:
Eased down Please Remain Calm
Eased down Super Bomb Factory
Fixed a death message glitch which caused the game to crash FOR REAL THIS TIME

Notes:
There are many uncollectable items in this demo due to the player not having the abilities necessary to reach them. These uncollectable items include:
1. The Blue Gem in Blown Away
2. Both gems in Please Remain Calm
3. The Blue Gem in Super Bomb Factory

Download Demo 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?r62e8d8rjrpa25h

How could I support this game?

1. Give feedback!

I love feedback! Whenever I release a new update, I look forward to what people think of the game and the plot. What was the most difficult level? Who are your favorite characters? I like hearing your thoughts!

2. Report problems and make suggestions!

Report bugs, glitches, and other problems to help make this game more smooth and shiny. Is a certain level unusually botched compared to the rest of the difficulty curve? Tell me! I could make it a bit easier (or harder, if necessary). You may also make gameplay suggestions. If I like it, I just might implement it (but most of the time, your ideas are either impractical or just plain bad... no offense :twisted:).

3. Donate!

Donating will really help me make an actual profit off of all my hard work. Evil Toaster and my other games will remain freeware, but donating is extremely appreciated! Donations can help motivate me to finish this game and ensure that I'll be making games more permanently.

This is the link to donate to my PayPal account:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Thu May 17, 2012 12:10 am, edited 26 times in total.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 am

the apples look cool!! 8)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

Wait... Evangelion reference? :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Serlan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Serlan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Another Evil Toaster? Yay! (Ever time when you release a Evil Toaster, I play it)
Click here to go to WA:The Dark Abysm topic (Postponed until Wonderland Fangame is made).
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:38 pm

APPLE FACES FTW
Looks cool!
App is a cool name. :D
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:51 pm

~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Very inspiring title.

That is all.

*leaves*
she/her | Sayori#2285
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm

This. Is. Epic. I actually gasped of happyness when I saw the topic.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Wait... Evangelion reference? :?
Yes. O_O Yay, I Am (Not) Alone anymore!... okay, awful puns aside, it's a nice surprise to see that someone else here watched the Evangelion anime and/or movies.

All of the Evil Toaster titles are references to a certain video game or media, except for Evil Toaster 1 and 2.
Emerald141 wrote:Are the dark blue shop buttons going to be in a location called the App Store? *shot*
Hmm, I like that idea. :lol:
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 pm

boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I think he said it would be a while back. Then again, I think he said ET3 would be the last one, and that changed, so you never know.

Chatroom
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm

DP

Wait, was "Gears of Toasters" a reference to "Gears of War"?

Chatroom
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

boywhoflies wrote:Wait, was "Gears of Toasters" a reference to "Gears of War"?
Yes. I thought the name "Gears of Toasters" sounded funny, so I used it, with it being related to toasters and all.
Emerald141 wrote:One more question. Is this the last game of the trilogy? :(
It is indeed the last game of the Evil Toaster series. After this, there will be nowhere left to go plot-wise, so there will never be an Evil Toaster 6. Ever.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm

No ET6?
Couldn't you catch on to actual marketing schemes and just leave out the plot and make an arcade-style platformer?
she/her | Sayori#2285
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 pm

~xpr'd~ wrote:No ET6?
Couldn't you catch on to actual marketing schemes and just leave out the plot and make an arcade-style platformer?
The previous four Evil Toaster games barely had any plot, but after this game there won't be the traditional titular antagonist (the Evil Toaster) to work with anymore. It wouldn't be Evil Toaster anymore.

Besides, a good plot helps encourage players to keep playing to see what happens next.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 pm

I was gonna sugest that the apples get bored and fight each other, but as you said the Evil Toaster won't be there anymore.

Now that I think about it, I wanna know what the Evil Toaster is now. ET4 he was a computer/toaster chip...now mabye he's a wire, or a tiny battery. XD

Chatroom
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 pm

boywhoflies wrote:Now that I think about it, I wanna know what the Evil Toaster is now. ET4 he was a computer/toaster chip...now mabye he's a wire, or a tiny battery. XD
If you saw the scene right before the final boss of ET4,
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 wrote:He stole the Worminator and escaped to a different time period using it, so he's still a chip.
As for another point against more sequels, nothing lasts forever. If I somehow did manage to squeeze in an ET6, you guys would just want an ET7, and so on.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 pm

True. Nothing lasts forever, and you've givven us plenty allready.

Chatroom
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:40 pm

*gets a sudden urge to reveal the entire plotline of my planned trilogy in a spoiler box*
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm

I revealed the entire plot for FT1. Go ahead. :p

Chatroom
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

I should probably do it in the proper topic though.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Yeah.

Chatroom
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Evangelion
Only the anime. Never seen the movies, actually. I do not intend to see End of Evangelion any time soon since I was absolutely satisfied with the original TV ending with episodes 25 and 26... weirded out, yes, but, nonetheless, satisfied. And as far as Rebuild goes, it's been on my to-watch list for ages now.
And Death and Rebirth is just a quick retelling, so... yeah.

"Gears of Toasters" was an obvious one, but this reference was less overt. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Evangelion
Only the anime. Never seen the movies, actually. I do not intend to see End of Evangelion any time soon since I was absolutely satisfied with the original TV ending with episodes 25 and 26... weirded out, yes, but, nonetheless, satisfied. And as far as Rebuild goes, it's been on my to-watch list for ages now.
And Death and Rebirth is just a quick retelling, so... yeah.
I don't plan to watch End of Evangelion either. From what I've heard, it really doesn't make the future look hopeful... I personally didn't really like the TV ending ending with all of it's philosophicalness - I was hoping for some insane Angel battle or something. However, I prefer it over End of Evangelion. I'm hoping that Rebuild will offer the best ending (Rebuild is actually how I got into Evangelion in the first place). I just wish they would work on it faster, they haven't even started animating Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 as of June 2, 2011.

Anyways, I'm hoping to release a very short demo of Evil Toaster 5 by Friday because I'm leaving on a long trip and won't be able to do anything.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:23 am

Wow. I'm gonna be either in the middle of the woods or camping for most of friday. XD

That dosn't make me not exited. :D

My bro says "*gasp* AWESOME!!!". He's also a huge fan.

Chatroom
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 am

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 am

Emerald141 wrote:Why does Leaf have two faces in the second pic? He looks happy in the dialogue but cross in the actual game.
He'll always have a smiling face in his headshot in dialogues regardless of his mood. The "pieces" of an apple's face (eyes, mouth, etc) is made up of several sprites and the engine for dialogues makes the headshots run off a single sprite. I'm not going to go through the effort of making ~50 different sprites just to make the headshots in the dialogue to fit his face in-game.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 am

My guess is that on speech the charecter is allwas smiling. It feels better to put it like that for some reason.

Chatroom
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:58 am

DP

Deeman wants to know if you have plans for the apple tree's origin.

Chatroom