Epigam Forums - What is it?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Epigam Forums - What is it?

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:51 am

So. I was wondering where jdl's picture came from, or if they made it themselves. So I grabbed the URL and put it into Google reverse image search.
Up came a link for http://epigam.prophpbb.com/ which looked interesting so I clicked it.
After 10 minutes I still have no clue what it is but I have spotted some of the Wonderlanders from this forum on there, like garirry, Jutomi, and Nobody. Jutomi even has a Wonderland profile picture!!
Can anyone tell me what Epigam Forums is for?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:37 am

Epigam is a community driven by MNIK (MyNameIsKooky) with most of members here now having joined the forums, with a few having migrated there entirely. The original idea, as far as I know, is to host custom (GameMaker) games by various members, as it was often just spread across the off-topic forum here. Of course, now it grew massively as a community over the past four years almost. You're invited to join if you wish to! :)
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:40 am

So, if I understand right, it's a forum so people can discuss and collaborate on games they made using the GameMaker application. I haven't heard of GameMaker before but OK. Is it only for GameMaker games or can I post other stuff I made (like Wonderland GB) on there?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Now it's primarily a post-what-you-want forum, but the GameMaker part is still a thing and people occasionally post there. If you're ever going into game development, definitely try GameMaker.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 am

Alrighty, thanks for the info!