Pump It Up / Dance Dance Revolution (And other?)

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

What are your initial thoughts on these games?

I've never seen a dance cabinet before.
40%
I've played one at least once.
No votes
These games are haaaard.
20%
I AM THE OVERLORD (Robert selected this option).
40%

Total votes: 5
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Pump It Up / Dance Dance Revolution (And other?)

Post by RoberTime » Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 am

I'm expecting this topic to be empty and expecting to multi-post at some point, but has anybody ever tried Dance Dance Revolution? Even Pump It Up? (an alternate series with an X-shaped pad pattern) I play these games REALLY well, except not as well as the top players who visit the arcade from time to time, and I was there today.

I have Dance Dance Revolution songsets hooked up via StepMania, and I have two easy-to-setup USB pads to play with somebody, or even play on both mats on at the same time.

I like both. But I think I prefer Pump It Up just a tad more, partially because my downtown arcade has two Pump It Up machines (Don't know where the DDR ones went these years prior). I will probably go back again in two weeks after setting up a game account and profile for said arcade machines. You can actually connect data from your online account to USB to play on the machine with your own stats and even custom arrow maps. That goes for both games, I believe. Looking forward to my next visit now that I have the information from another player I saw today at the arcade.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Pump It Up / Dance Dance Revolution (And other?)

Post by rainbowmon » Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

I've never played either, though I've always wanted to play that Mario version of DDR on GameCube.

Also: You're SO lucky, having an arcade near you...
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Re: Pump It Up / Dance Dance Revolution (And other?)

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 pm

I don't really like using my feet, but with my fingers I've got into the top 5000 players worldwide in osu!mania. Proof: https://cadence.moe/api/images/89d853

1 year, 50 hours of play and 700 pp later, I've finally fallen out of the top 5000. https://osu.ppy.sh/users/9177616

I used to be up at #4400 or so at one point.