About Hubs for Sale

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

About Hubs for Sale

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I have previously made a statement about the possibility of offering custom levels or hubs for sale on the main site.

The idea is that only a limited number of people are actually willing to work with the complications of the editor to get new levels to play - however, many would be glad to play these levels if they were easily available. By packaging sets of custom levels in ready-to-play installers, the creations of the community would find a much wider audience.

Of course, being totally up-front, the other point is to provide some additional revenue for Midnight Synergy. I don't expect this to be much, but it will help offset ongoing costs and help fund future games.

Level creators will get some financial compensation for their work if it is used in one of these compilations.

However, this is still some time off - and I certainly don't want anyone to start creating levels with this goal in mind (or contact me with questions on how to "sell" me their levels). Any requests of this nature will be ignored.

I would expect that sometime in the summer I'll have a clearer idea of where to go with this. By then, I will also have the time to have a look at some of the creations so far to judge whether or not this idea makes sense.

Again, at this time this is simply a potential plan for the future.