Tool - WAEncrypt

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Tool - WAEncrypt

Post by jdl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere on the forum (in fact this might be a repost. if so, forgive me), but back when Cbloopy was active and I was working on the early version of WA:MOPI, we PM'd each other whenever I was having issues with the Editor.
This is one of the tools Cbloopy made and I'm going to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Original PM:
cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:Here is the folder: [link snip] Can you encrypt the files for me, as I have already tried.
Ok, I'm seeing that this might happen a few more times in the future. So I quickly whip up a program that hopefully lets you do this yourself. It's not very user-friendly but functional enough I hope, and then maybe some later time I can write a more proper program for it.

Unzip and run the attached program, it'll ask you to type in the path to the source folder where the unencrypted files are located, and then the destination folder where you want to copy and encrypt the files to. It will then look for all BMP, JPG and PNG files in the source folder, and copy them to the destination folder using encrypted filenames.

Let me know if the program works for you or not.
jdl wrote:BTW, do you have to encrypt the folder filename too?
No, only the filename. Most likely the reason it's not working for you is because Windows hides file extensions by default, so what shows up as "MissileFlower" is actually "MissileFlower.bmp", and then when you try renaming it with the .wdf extension Windows ends up making it "<blah>.wdf.bmp" instead of just "<blah>.wdf". (If you can already see the file extensions like ".bmp" in Windows, then it should be possible for you to rename the extension as well, and then you don't really need my program.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.