List of music ranges

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

List of music ranges

Post by Blast!10 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Since I haven't found an updated and easily updatable list of all hex ranges used for custom music, I decided to try and start one: clicky

This should make life easier for people looking to add custom music to their adventures without accidentally using an occupied range.

The list is currently empty. Once you add yourself to it you can edit your entry as many times as you want.

This is only an early version built in a few hours, so it's not yet perfect. Some things left to do are:
  • Add delete function
  • Improve security
  • Prevent overlapping ranges
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:55 pm

How do I use it?I don't understand.
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I wanted to make my own track numbers so I wanted to 1) reserve them and 2) make sure that it doesn't overlap.

I'll update it with some of the entries I know, such as MNIK's, MWM's and TheThaumaturge's, and the ones I choose for reservation. If someone finds that my tracks overlap with someone's, please tell me. :)

EDIT: I think you should edit a few things:
1) Make so that anyone can edit anything
2) Automatic conversion of the hex numbers to decimals
3) Automatic ordering of the names in hex/decimal order rather than creation date.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 pm

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:How do I use it?I don't understand.
This is a list of hex ranges used for custom music by adventure makers. If you have your own custom music set, you add the range you would like to use, and that way other people know that it's occupied.
If you don't have your own music set, this tool is of no use to you.
garirry wrote:1) Make so that anyone can edit anything
Not so sure about this. Part of the point of this system was so that people could only edit their own entries, to prevent other people's entries being accidentally or intentionally changed without their prior knowledge and/or consent. I'd like some more input on this from other members.
garirry wrote:2) Automatic conversion of the hex numbers to decimals
As you type? Yeah, I can try to do that.
garirry wrote:3) Automatic ordering of the names in hex/decimal order rather than creation date.
Whoops! :lol: I was going to do this and I forgot. Going to fix it right now.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:11 pm

By 2), I mean that I think it would be useful to display on the main page not only the hex values of them, but also the decimal number of them. For example, in Midnight Synergy's section, it would be useful if we would see 0001-0014 and 1-20. Also immediate deci2hex conversion would be useful.

Also, I forgot. MNIK did his Ambiance music pack containing three pairs of hex digits. (ends at 16 777 216, FFFFFF) Could you update it so it can support three pairs of hex digits for bizarre people like him? :twisted:

Oh, and one last question. Did you create the app yourself or did you take an existing template? :roll:
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 pm

garirry wrote:By 2), I mean that I think it would be useful to display on the main page not only the hex values of them, but also the decimal number of them. For example, in Midnight Synergy's section, it would be useful if we would see 0001-0014 and 1-20. Also immediate deci2hex conversion would be useful.
Done. I got the immediate hex-dec conversion working in the "add" form, but not in the "edit" form. Dec-hex is also a possibility for later.
garirry wrote:Also, I forgot. MNIK did his Ambiance music pack containing three pairs of hex digits. (ends at 16 777 216, FFFFFF) Could you update it so it can support three pairs of hex digits for bizarre people like him? :twisted:
:lol: It'll require a bit of fiddling here and there, but sure!
garirry wrote:Oh, and one last question. Did you create the app yourself or did you take an existing template? :roll:
The design is Bootstrap. Everything else is my own work.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:51 am

You can probably remove my old music pack from the list (the 300 range one), or at least mention it's defunct, since I'm not using that any more.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:53 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:You can probably remove my old music pack from the list (the 300 range one), or at least mention it's defunct, since I'm not using that any more.
Well, I have put yours there but I have no idea where is the code to that. I guess I need a better solution than a clipboard saver. :lol:
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:29 am

I use slots 9000-9020, and likely 9020+, but I'm not sure how I'd put those in HEX as I know nothing about HEX at all.

This pack I speak of hasn't been released as I don't intend for it to truly be a pack but instead be for any adventure I release, likely Operation Mecha.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 pm

LexieTheFox wrote:I use slots 9000-9020, and likely 9020+, but I'm not sure how I'd put those in HEX as I know nothing about HEX at all.

This pack I speak of hasn't been released as I don't intend for it to truly be a pack but instead be for any adventure I release, likely Operation Mecha.
It'll be 2328 to 233C. I recommend reserving at least 50 slots for your music tracks, that will be 2328 to 235A. You can use an online decimal to hex converter to convert those numbers.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 pm

garirry wrote:
LexieTheFox wrote:I use slots 9000-9020, and likely 9020+, but I'm not sure how I'd put those in HEX as I know nothing about HEX at all.

It'll be 2328 to 233C. I recommend reserving at least 50 slots for your music tracks, that will be 2328 to 235A. You can use an online decimal to hex converter to convert those numbers.
Thank you!
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:35 am

I hope it's not a problem for anyone that I reserved 100 slots for my W.I.P. pack (which may not get released if I won't be able to get non-copyrighted recordings).
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
DerpzSpycrab
Gold Wonderlander

Post by DerpzSpycrab » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:51 am

I hope it isn't conflicting at all if I reserve slots 120-160 for future use.