Help with Custom texture glitch?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Help with Custom texture glitch?

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:15 am

Testing one of my latest levels, I have gotten many 'trying to load x...trying again...nope" errors trying to load a file called 'paycheck1.bmp'. I've checked the editor and the Custom folder and the spelling is exact, the \ is used instead of the /, and the wlv and rest of the level have no problems. IDK what's going on but it bugs me because it took ages to test and this happened right at the end. The file just won't load.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Do you have known file extensions hidden? If so then it's possible that you have it named "paycheck1.bmp.bmp" by mistake. You may want to check by going to Folder Options>View>Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". It's also possible that the file has somehow become corrupted when saving from your image editor. You can always try resaving.

Other than that the only thing I can think of would be another program or antivirus that's using a lot of resources and blocking the file from being read (this happened to me with Mcafee when I had a lot of custom textures in a single wlv).
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:01 am

Looks to be a typo because it worked fine when I named it again. Although that means I have to retest everything just for that one bit.

I also learned while testing that wlv that trying to exit a level as you collect a star destroys your ability to use Esc until the level ends, and then gets rid of your mouse cursor image and part of its movement. :?