Five Nights at Stinky's: Now Modded

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:55 am

Oh my god QP.

Does anyone want to be a character in the FNAS story? You can request to be a side mission character, some sort of seer or local, a merchant, an assistant, or someone more deeply involved in the story-line. All I need is an image or description your stinker and maybe a description of the personality you would like to give them.

EDIT: Double OMG two pages
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:59 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Does anyone want to be a character in the FNAS story? You can request to be a side mission character, some sort of seer or local, a merchant, an assistant, or someone more deeply involved in the story-line. All I need is an image or description your stinker and maybe a description of the personality you would like to give them.
I choose to be someone more deeply involved in the story-line.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 am

YES YOU BROKE MY CHAIN OF DOUBLE POSTS

Sure, give me the name you wanna go as (if not your username) and your stinker's looks and behaviour via PM.
Ah, actually I already have your looks, so just your behaviour.

I'm getting pretty pumped for this now. I spent an hour re-doing that sketch on a program called SmoothDraw, and I'd say it's pretty smooth *BANG*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hard-To-Destroy Reptile
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 am

I'll be a character if you'd like. :P

I have sent you a PM with my stinker's details.
-Ruby
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Does anyone want to be a character in the FNAS story? You can request to be a side mission character, some sort of seer or local, a merchant, an assistant, or someone more deeply involved in the story-line. All I need is an image or description your stinker and maybe a description of the personality you would like to give them.
I'll be a character!! (If you're fine with it.) I'll PM you my stinker's details.
Last edited by FinnThor on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Oops. I forgot to mention that I need your/your stinker's gender, otherwise I won't be able to have them mentioned in third person.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:37 pm

I don't know if all of the character slots are filled yet, but if not, I would certainly like to be featured (hopefully in an important or semi-important role). :)

If you do decide to feature me, should I PM you the details on my Stinker, or just post them?
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:40 pm

LittleZbot wrote:I don't know if all of the character slots are filled yet, but if not, I would certainly like to be featured (hopefully in an important or semi-important role). :)

If you do decide to feature me, should I PM you the details on my Stinker, or just post them?
There's no real limit. Even if I can't get someone a major role in this story, they can be a minor character and have a bigger role in the sequel. The storyline I have right now can have up to 5 sequels, although I doubt I'll get to 6 games.

I would prefer you PM me if you're describing your character's personality, so it isn't revealed too early. Oh, and gender would be nice too, I should have mentioned that in my first post on this page.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:51 am

Alright guys, time for a small update.

So, I've finished the five nights now and have been working on guides, artwork, and textures for the next levels.

What I will do next, however, is go back through and improve the whole game so far in general, for instance, the jump-scares since they are part of every night. This means I need to delay starting any later nights in order to make sure Night 6 has the same mechanics as the final version of the original game.

As for the custom night, (Night 7), I would like to poll you guys on whether there should be 3, 5, or 7 ranges for difficulty. It could be:

Easy > Medium > Hard

Inactive > Slow > Moderate > Active > Depraved

Disabled > Tired > Bored > Curious > Distressed > Angry > Desperate

You guys have about a week or so while I revamp the main game and add on to Night 6 to choose your options. Keep in mind a few things:

The more ranges, the more CMD 22s I have to do (ergo, it takes longer).

The less ranges, the less variety of gameplay for this night.

I would like to have a couple of secret codes. The main code I have in mind requires either the 5 or 7 option.

No matter what, the only way to officially beat the night is on 10/20 mode, regardless of whether 20 is 3, 5, or 7. The number of robots on Night 7 will be strictly 10 though.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:04 am

I vote for five. While I do like the idea of more content, I'm just getting too exciting for the hub to keep waiting.

On an unrelated note, when the Hub is released, do you mind if I record my playthrough for my YouTube channel? All credit for making the hub will, of course, go to you.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:28 am

No, not all credit. A good amount of credit needs to be split up among jdl, MS, and whoever lets me advertise this on other sites, as well as everyone who let me use their character(s). I still claim 75% though as this takes up much of my free time.

I'm not sure if this picture below can be made canon yet as I accidentally made it while testing walk animations for stinkers and big-foot creatures, but maybe I'll work it into the story too. It feels like a nice quiet reference to the ending of FNAF4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:51 am

I'd say 5 difficulty ranges as well. Balance between speed and content, though the high and lows of the stinkermatronics(?) will probably be the same anyway.

Good luck with Depraved Depraved Depreaved Depraved Mode Guys :wink:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Timecrokba wrote:I'd say 5 difficulty ranges as well. Balance between speed and content, though the high and lows of the stinkermatronics(?) will probably be the same anyway.

Good luck with Depraved Depraved Depreaved Depraved Mode Guys :wink:
They go by Wondetronics, or just Wonderbots, since several of them aren't Stinkers at all. And actually, I may make a special award for completing 4/20 with just the canon four characters alongside the big prize for 10/20 with the 'new' characters.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 am

DP

So, in the long process of bug-fixing and rewriting my game-play guides, I have decided that there will be some smaller side prizes for certain challenges for Night 7 which can be obtained as practice before 10/20. I think this will also expand the size of the game a bit, but if it's too long then I'll just shorten the night-length.

Here are the tentative challenges:

Target Practice - 3 bots, somewhat easy, precursor to Double Trouble, CanNon Four, and Rage Against the Machines

Double Trouble - 2 bots, easy, precursor to Rage Against the Machines and Night of Ghosts

Fire and Ice - 2 bots, really easy. Precursor to Eye Spy Time, Stage Fright, and Night of Ghosts

Eye Spy Time - 3 bots, fairly hard, precursor to Flip-Flop

CanNon Four - 4 bots plus extras? Probably moderate difficulty. Precursor to Strike And Out and Line of Sight

Stage Fright - 6 bots, pretty hard. Precursor to Rage Against the Machines

Night of Ghosts - 3 bots, possible hallcuinations, moderately hard

Rage Against the Machines - 5 bots, annoyingly hard, precursor to Gents' Night and Ladies' Night

Line of Sight - 5 bots, moderate

Flip-Flop - 3 bots plus hallucinations, really hard

Strike And Out! - 10 robots possibly with hallucinations, demonically tough (A.K.A. 10/20 )

NEW! Ladies' Night - 5 bots plus a male or unconfirmed bot for balance on the other door, total 6, pretty hard

NEW! Gents' Night - 4 bots plus a female bot for balance on the other door for a total of 5, fairly hard

These presets are subject to change and not all may award prizes. I am thinking 13 may be a bit much now, so please go ahead and tell me which ones you like the sound of more.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:19 am

Just finished Night 5 testing, still a couple of kinks to render with the ending scenes but I'm basically done the 5 nights now, which means I'll quickly be doing Night 6 and then the Custom Night.

I would really like if more of you guys could sauce me some opinions on the difficulty gauges and the challenges. I'm figuring right now that 5 is the preferable gauge and I can work with that just fine. But some input and interest in this hub, while it is still somewhat far away from completion, would help spur on progress a lot.

EDIT: Okay I'm so done with that bug-fixing stuff. Time to do Night 6. :)
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:30 am

Difficulty ranges? I'd say five: Easy, Fair, Moderate, Difficult, Challenging.
An idea: beating the game with all robots on Challenging could unlock the final, unbelievably hard mode. Call it "Impossible".
Althouh it would be nice if the difficulty's names weren't just the standard "Easy Normal Hard" but something like "Baby, Basic, Fair, Troublesome, Raging", etc. I'm sure you can think of better names than I can.
If possible, I'd like to be a minor character, just perhaps someone who explains the rules, or a shopkeeper (you probably don't have one) but something equally trival. Since I won't be able to play this (WA3E not working) it would make sense to give the important roles to other players who will see themselves in the game. I'll PM you my character later.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:45 pm

cloudrac3r wrote:Difficulty ranges? I'd say five: Easy, Fair, Moderate, Difficult, Challenging.
I think five it will be then, since you're the third person in a row to say that.
cloudrac3r wrote:An idea: beating the game with all robots on Challenging could unlock the final, unbelievably hard mode. Call it "Impossible".
Instead, it unlocks a minigame and Night 8, but Night 8 introduces a whole new angle to the game in the way that 6 does right now. Every even night introduces new concepts while odd nights introduce new inconveniences.
cloudrac3r wrote:Althouh it would be nice if the difficulty's names weren't just the standard "Easy Normal Hard" but something like "Baby, Basic, Fair, Troublesome, Raging", etc. I'm sure you can think of better names than I can.
I made a list at the top. Based on the system I have in mind though, the range will technically be four and the fifth option will be to disable a character. 0=inactive, 5=bored, 10=curious, 15=angry, 20=depraved.
cloudrac3r wrote:If possible, I'd like to be a minor character, just perhaps someone who explains the rules, or a shopkeeper (you probably don't have one) but something equally trival.
Do have one, you mean? Yeah, someone else asked to be that, sorry. But I'll surely find you an interesting role.
cloudrac3r wrote:Since I won't be able to play this (WA3E not working) it would make sense to give the important roles to other players who will see themselves in the game. I'll PM you my character later.
I'm sure everyone else would like to see you though. Go ahead and PM me so I can add you into my folder of forum chompers.
BTW, have you tried removing all your savefiles and maybe profiles and backing up your adventures and custom content, and then re-installing? That worked for me after the second time I tried it.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:23 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Do have one, you mean? Yeah, someone else asked to be that, sorry. But I'll surely find you an interesting role.
Yes, I did mean "do you have a shopkeeper in the level". Thank you.
Wonderman109 wrote:BTW, have you tried removing all your savefiles and maybe profiles and backing up your adventures and custom content, and then re-installing? That worked for me after the second time I tried it.
Actually it has never worked. I extract the zip, run the editor and I'm prompted to enter my name. I do so. The game does not tell me how to proceed so I push enter, click the mouse, do everything, but it doesn't progrss past that screen. The level player operates at 1 frame per second. The old editor has a similar problem, but its player works fine.
This is probably due to buggy Wine (I run Linux, Wine runs Windows programs in Linux, Wine is not very good). All the other MS games work almost perfectly in Wine/Linux.
I don't use Windows because my computer sucks too much. It is unusable.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:37 pm

That sucks. I'd love to convert the hub in WA1 for you but that would mean I'd have to cut out everything except for the gameplay of the five nights themselves, even the music. :( Little Z did say he would upload his blind playthrough once it's released though, so at least you'll be able to see as much of the game as he gets through.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:57 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Little Z did say he would upload his blind playthrough once it's released though, so at least you'll be able to see as much of the game as he gets through.
Yeah, I'm subscribed to him on YouTube, that'll be fun to watch, and nice to see my Stinker in there too!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Here's progress entering the school year.

95% main nights (I have to go and modify them with the hub later on, and maybe mess with the power values).

10% hub (two wlvs and two forum characters, I finally figured out AskAbouts yay)

40% custom content and extras (well underway)

40% Night 6 (well under-way, but I need more time)

15% Night 7 is still early on.

I have one more poll - since making a full custom range is going to make for a long opening sequence to Night 7, would anyone prefer if I just made a bunch of preset night options and then 10/20 in various levels instead? It would massively save time and make it way easier to distinguish preset challenges for prizes.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:57 am

While full customization would be way cooler, I can see that being a little too much to ask for. I'm totally fine with the presets option.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:40 am

Both are way do-able, I just think having to click through 20 pointless dialogs to make commands take effect would be annoying for someone trying to beat 10/20. So maybe I'll do both.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:54 pm

DP

For anyone else using the rainbow stinker, here is the old link to Welcome's topic.

HERE

I also have made a Custom Stinker wop as I mentioned before, but I'm uploading the one that was made by Yzfm and Deeman. I am also including Emerald's old superadjustable wops and Pawelec's Logicless objects frmo WA1. All these wops should work if placed in any folder in WAEditor v3.00/ Data/ ObjectPresets.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:28 pm

I would like if someone could make me a Rainbow Wizard model or texture for FNAS, please. The WA1 one clearly cannot be made to work.

Meanwhile, I am working now on the hub, adding secret areas, exploration parts, etc. Many, (but of course not all), of the forum characters will appear in the main hub and will have various roles in the back-story. Since I already had made the original plot before opening up the forum, I can't include too many people in the nights themselves...unless... as paranoid hallucinations .

I would also appreciate if anyone could point out some FNAF fangame sites where I could easily post the links to this hub without breaking their ownership rules. GameJolt never got back to me and I don't feel like spam-emailing them about making an exception to their publishing policies.

Other than those two things-

Things are chugging along fine, everyone!
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:19 am

Wonderman109 wrote:unless... as paranoid hallucinations
Ooh, I'd love being one. Count Pawelec, an Evil Content Maker. He spawns custom objects during a nightmare adventure blocking the player's way :twisted:
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:14 pm

That would actually make a great minigame. Seriously, send me a picture of your stinker.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:42 am

???
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:44 am

!!!
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:57 pm

That is...something.