Conceptual Adventure - Day/Night Cycle Timer

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Conceptual Adventure - Day/Night Cycle Timer

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Right, so. This isn't an April Fools' Day joke, believe it or not.

I've been working on this for a little while, and I think I've sorted out the major bugs in it. I think.

This system takes up a sizable area, so it probably doesn't have much practical use as a day/night cycle - Making a "realistic" looking day-night transition would probably take up an even larger amount of space. Not really worth it.

Having said that, this system does allow for one thing that could be useful - Using CMD4, you can effectively "load" information between levels. For instance, this could be used to make an NPC be in a different place depending on what the "state" of the previous level is.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it properly, but it can be seen in the adventure - Depending on when you leave the first level, the glove charger in the second level will start out as a different colour.

Obviously this system isn't exact - While it might be possible to make a more exact version, it'd take up a significantly larger amount of space. If anyone can find a way to improve on this, by all means, go for it - you don't need my permission (though credit would be nice 8) )

The .ZIP file contains the original folder for use in the Editor (you can't quite see the full mechanism in-game, because Spy-Eye), while the .wa3 file is just... well, the example level itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

This is pretty cool. A Wee Stinker eventually got smashed by a green gate though. :(
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Hmm, that's what I was worried about... I think I know how to fix it, I'll take a look shortly.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:42 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:This is pretty cool. A Wee Stinker eventually got smashed by a green gate though. :(
A gruesome end to an April fools day.
Don't come in contact with contaminants.