Adventure 2: Terrorble Temple

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 2: Terrorble Temple

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 am

It's mispeled on purpoise, trust mi.

This level took me 33 minutes and 33 seconds to test, and has 33 gems. It really should be the 33rd adventure in this saga, but whatever.

Two notes:
the Q-Spell, (not through walls though,) floing-Brr and Blink-Brr, and other 'magic tricks' are all used in this level's puzzle. Timing is important here; a second makes a difference in every puzzle!

You need to use the texture below-put it in 'Custom' as with the premier .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Is anyone stuck? :lol:

EDIT: Seriously, has anyone played this yet? It is hard, but there are no unfair tricks or anything.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 am

I've just finished the top puzzle involving Grow and Flash. That was pretty smart!

I'm at the southern room, and I can't get out of the first magic room. I have an idea, but it's one that would be quite frustrating:
Does the trick involve some ridiculously hard timing trick with the Blink?
EDIT: Also, since I don't have 2 hours to spare in one sitting, I'll play this adventure slowly. I'll be sure to comment if I'm stuck, or when I've completed this.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

Ok, so I'm COMPLETELY stuck at this part. Could you give me a hint?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49 am

I figured that would be the first place people would get stuck at, since it needs to be completed to get to the other puzzles. Don't worry, most of the others are easier or at least shorter.
Read the hints below, I warn they are not ordered by usefulness.
Spoiler A wrote: Fast timing is needed for the first Floing bubble you cast, but Blink is also a magic you need to use fast.
Spoiler B wrote: In the first magic room, the best way to use magic goes: Floing, Pow, Pow, Pop, Brr, Blink, Floing, Flash, and then Grow.
Spoiler C wrote: Every room that joins two or more other chambers is re-entered more than one time for the remainder.
Spoiler D wrote: Both Moobots are separately used, and it doesn't at all matter which one you choose.
Spoiler E wrote: To keep the gates down after the timer has spun, you need to step down on diamond buttons.
Spoiler F wrote: In the first magic room, the number of times the chasm is passed is exactly five.
Spoiler G wrote: The Brrs in the second magic room are simply not to leave the room they are meant for, for that's where they're shot.
Spoiler H wrote: To get past the first red gates, a Pop spellball must be contained.
Spoiler I wrote: You must block the Zap-Bots with a gem that you shot.
Spoiler J wrote: You will need to wait for some certain Floings and Grows to dissipate or get close to it before onwards you go.
If any more hints are needed on this section, please PM me. (Those ones won't be in rhymes.)
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:58 am

I finally got around to starting this one today. I've made a little progress so far and haven't run into any roadblocks yet, but I'm a little... confused?

I beat the northern room with an orange key to spare. I guess that's unintentional.

The southern room was a really neat puzzle, but judging from the hints, I did not beat it in the way you intended at all. I had one Floing to spare in the northeast room. And what's with the rainbow gates and the path through all those empty rooms? They made me feel like I missed something. Also, in the future, you should let us know that certain magic chargers will disappear at a certain point and also make sure we know where the teleporters are before they get opened. Otherwise, there's a pretty large element of trial and error.

That's all I've played so far, and I'll report back later when I've hopefully finished the adventure. :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:14 pm

THAT. WAS. INCREDIBLE!

I'm talking about the second puzzle room which I was formerly stuck in.

Besides Limited Resources, this was the only other Custom Adventure so far that had managed to baffle me to such an extent! Indeed, every split second counts!
Flashing the MooBot on the red DiamondOnce button really took some doing
I think my solution is a little different from yours, though. I didn't need to use 1 Pop charge, 2 Flash charges in the ZapBot room and the Floing charge in the northeastern room. Also, I didn't flash any gems, and my sequence of using magic was different. The Brrs also left their room :P
One thing for you to note though--Floing bubbles can block ZapBot lasers.

Some complaints though--I had to employ Vault Magic to see which buttons activated which Teleporters at what location. Next time please forewarn us by using DiamondOnce buttons at the start, for example ;)

That was nevertheless a great brain twister! Pretty impressive for a adventure using the loophole-inducing Q-Spell. I'll try to progress from here on. :)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:03 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:I beat the northern room with an orange key to spare. I guess that's unintentional.)
Again? You have some talent for saving keys. Could you just spend it? :lol:

And yeah, I guess I should have marked the hidden elements in the south room. Forgetfulness!

Samuel: You didn't need to Flash the Moobot on a diamond as the red gates closed. You could have just stepped on a red diamond button as the timed red gates closed to open them. :wink:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:15 pm

BRIDGE/FLOING/BRR ROOM WITH ALL THE LOGIC 6 TO THE EAST

HOW DO I ORANGE GEMS

MUST GET GOLD

MUST ALWAYS GET GOLD DAFGUIDFSADIUFYAIUDFYAISUF3@!$@#$#$@$$#############

EDIT: wait nevermind i'm stupid or at least i felt stupid when i figured it out
Wonderman109 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:I beat the northern room with an orange key to spare. I guess that's unintentional.)
Again? You have some talent for saving keys. Could you just spend it? :lol:
NEVER! :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:49 pm

My stinker loves standing in action poses for eternity! He should see a doctor sometime to fix this along with his coin-spending obsession.

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:23 pm

OKAY UH, HOW DO I GET BACK TO THE LEVELEXIT? I'VE TRIED EVERY ANGLE/POSITION COMBO THERE IS AND MY BLINKS NEVER REACH THEIR DESTINATIONS.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Orange gem puzzle: You mean the top second-rightmost? You need to use timing to place the Brrs and use some without Floings.

Blink-Icy-Wall puzzle: Stand as up as you can and shoot as you move down one square. I can't remember what spot you have to aim at though. :| But I think it's the bottom-right.

And how did you get TWO blinks? :lol:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Orange gem puzzle: You mean the top second-rightmost? You need to use timing to place the Brrs and use some without Floings.
Yeah, I figured that out.
Wonderman109 wrote:Blink-Icy-Wall puzzle: Stand as up as you can and shoot as you move down one square. I can't remember what spot you have to aim at though. :| But I think it's the bottom-right.
Ah, that worked.
Wonderman109 wrote:And how did you get TWO blinks? :lol:
I didn't use any on the rainbow coin puzzle. :P
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, how did you do it? :P
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:09 pm

I just finished this adventure! This was really great, although there were a few annoying parts!

NORTH ENTRY PUZZLE: This was pretty neat. I think I had an orange key to spare because I got through the Chomper part quickly.

SOUTH ENTRY PUZZLE: This was a very nice puzzle! My only complaint is that you should make teleporters shown to the player at the start of the puzzle, along with any special general commands (like the black magic remover).

NORTH PUZZLE 1 (SPEED THING): Well, that happened.

NORTH PUZZLE 2 (BABY BOOMER THING): This was a pretty neat puzzle! I enjoyed it!

NORTH PUZZLE 3 (LOGIC 6 THING): This was all very clever! It was a little annoying waiting for the floing bubbles to pop in the alternating bridge room, but the rest was quite fun!

NORTH PUZZLE 4 (GHOST MAZE): I collected all the rainbow coins and the gate never opened (I assume there are only rainbow coins on the level borders? At least, that's the only place I managed to find rainbow coins and I think I looked pretty much everywhere). Thus, I ended up just Q-flashing the key.

SOUTH PUZZLE 1 (BURSTFLOWER THING): Thanks to your previous adventures, I've become a Burstflower-dodging master! Or something. I also didn't have much trouble with the Chomper maze, which I guess was lucky for me.

SOUTH PUZZLE 2 (THAT PLACE WITH THE ROTATOR BUTTON GRID): This was a very neat puzzle! Lots of planning ahead was necessary.

SOUTH PUZZLE 3 (FLIPBRIDGE THING): This was interesting.

SOUTH PUZZLE 4 (ICE WALL LAND): The rainbow coin puzzle was pretty cool! I thought you were actually intended to solve the rainbow coin puzzle without Blink, and thus I had 1 Blink left over in the end. To solve the rainbow coin puzzle, I kind of worked my way from the east to the west pressing the buttons. I didn't really enjoy the rest of the wlv, though; trying to Blink to the right spots required more trial and error than anything else. The magic+ice wall thing is cool though; I never knew about that!

THE ULTIMATE FINISHER: Pretty fun! I'm really glad there wasn't a time limit for this. :lol:

OVERALL: Scenery is fantastic as usual. Puzzles are generally good, although there needs to be some evidence of where teleporters will appear. There were a few frustrating parts that involved very precise timing, and I'd recommend to try to avoid those kind of things, as they're more frustrating than fun.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks for the review!
And no, I don't know what's up with the rainbow coin thing, because it works fine for me. Are you sure you didn't miss ANY coins?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 pm

DP fixed copy made to prevent any of MNIK's speed antics. try re-doing it now! :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:And no, I don't know what's up with the rainbow coin thing, because it works fine for me. Are you sure you didn't miss ANY coins?
I collected all of them. I guess I just found an alternate solution or something.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:55 am

Here is the original intended solution to the far left bottom area. I figured it should be posted given how much harder it is than the other puzzles. Keep in mind that many alternate solutions are also viable, because of how many faint chargers there are.
Spoiler wrote: 1. Walk through the red gate room, leaving the lowest button in the column connecting the way out to the room below untouched. Do NOT use all the buttons, you need at least two later on.
2. Enter the room below. Shoot the Floing at the spot of gap between the small bridges. Pow one barrel. Step on the left bridge, and then get Pow and Pow the other barrel.
3. Shoot the Pop at the lowest button, so it gets trapped in the Floing. Brr a gap tile. Blink across the gap. Run to the spot leading to the first room right. You may need to use some other buttons to reach there.
4. The Pop will burst out and change the gates for you. Walk past the timer, into the next room with more magic.
5. Brr two paths with four of the Brrs, one to the Flash, one to the Floing. Leave the corner Brr alone. Blink on the Flash, slide back, and Flash whichever Moobot is facing north.
6. Head back in the gate room, standing on a gate next to an unpressed diamond button. Save, and use the timer's outline to count its seconds. As it stops and the gates close, step on the button. The gates will all open permanently.
7. Enter the room with one bridge and step across the bridge. Flash the Moobot somewhere along the centre column or up in the gate room. Make sure it's not too high. Place the second Floing on the Brr pad you made earlier. Collect the Grow, and enter the room to the right, now available to you.
8. Step on the red and blue timer. The Moobot will get sent through the blue teleporter to the ice corner room. Step off the timer and take the gems. Then press it again. The Moobot will use the indigo teleporter and arrive in the metatile area with three round buttons. Step off the timer again and let it spin. Then press it one more time, as so the Moobot faces up.
9. Save. Wait for the Floing bubble to start shaking, then press the timer one last time and run in the bubble just before it breaks. You will walk off the Brr pad without melting it. Run to the red timer. Using diamond buttons to restart the gates is pointless right now.
10. Place the Grow spell on hand between the yellow and green buttons on the Moobot strip, through the Metatiles. Then, use the second Blink in the room to the right, get the Floing, slide back, and place that spell on the orange button. Then, make the Moobot face the bubble with the rotators and the timer. Send it in the bubble.
11. Take the last Brr in the corner of the top-right room and run through the orange gate into the ice corner room. Use the Brr on the second-from-the-bottom and rightmost spot. Cross diagonally, than enter the yellow room and save.
12. Wait for the Growflower back up with the Moobot to dissipate. Place the Floing on the yellow button. Shoot the Pop in it too. Press the metal button to unleash the bridges so you can go back up. Now run to the rotators and turn around the Moobot. Press the timer to get it on the green button.
13. The Pop will dissipate and open the yellow gate. The Moobot holds open the green gates. Using the timer and rotators, get the second Moobot to press a white circle button without moving the first Moobot off its button.
14. Go in the last room, with the Zap-bots. Place each Floing as to block the zap-bot vertically. Take each Flash. Go to the ice-corner room and take the bottom gem. Flash the top one. Now re-Flash it next to the metal key. Step on the centre bridge, collecting the key and gem, and go back up fast on the gem side bridge. The items will shortly block off the Zap-bot lasers.
15. Go through the rainbow teleporter. Use the red-blue timer to turn on the red gates. The teleporter prevents you from going straight out. Repeat the diamond-button trick from above to open all of the gates after the timer stops. Leave the room.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Whoa, this was great! You definitely listened to the comments on your previous adventure and tried to reduce the annoyance!

BEST PARTS
1: MOAR EPIK PUZZLES. In fact, pretty much every puzzle was epic. The southern puzzle room with all the faint magic chargers was probably the best, just because of how complex it was. The room with the alternating bridge chain and springs was fantastic too. I realise that you're especially good at making your puzzles unique. I don't think there was a single part this adventure when I found myself thinking "URGH, THIS AGAIN?"

2: Scenery was very imaginative! It's cool how you were able to give the Temple its own unique palette, despite not using a custom texture.

LESS-THAN-BEST PARTS
1: Not sure if this was intentional or not, but the ghost section can be made incredibly easy by quickly Flashing a barrel in front of where the ghosts spawn.

2: Storyline was still a bit slow, I guess, but I suppose that's just the way your adventure are. meh alright.

CONCLUSION
If you're looking for a challenging, story-lite adventure with lots of unique puzzles, this is one of the best on the forum. :D