New Adventure - The Hall Problem

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

New Adventure - The Hall Problem

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Just something small (and probably kinda uninteresting) to show that I'm not dead.

This adventure is based off of the Monty Hall problem. Having said that, if you haven't heard of the problem, I'd suggest going into the adventure without reading up on it too much.

Here's the basic premise: You have three doors to choose from - A, B, and C. One door has the Gold Star behind it, the other two have Chompers. Once you have chosen your door, one of the doors with a Chomper behind it will be opened.

You then have the choice to stick with the door you originally picked, or switch to another door. Here's the question: Which is the best option to take?

Unfortunately, this system as it's presented is static - the Chompers and Star will be behind the same doors every single time. Additionally, there's nothing set up to prevent you from selecting the door that's opened after you make your first choice. Basically, uh, don't do that. :P

So. Some questions for any of you who play this:
  • 1) Which door did you pick? A, B, or C?
    2) After the first Chomper door was opened, did you opt to switch doors, or stick with your original choice?
    3) How many times did you lose, if any?
    4) Out of those times, how often did you stay with your first choice? How often did you switch?
This isn't really the most exciting adventure, since it's basically just a set of two choices. Nonetheless, it was fun to throw together. I hope you find it interesting, at least. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:39 pm

1) Which door did you pick? A, B, or C?
A

2) After the first Chomper door was opened, did you opt to switch doors, or stick with your original choice?
I would've switched because i knew it'll increase my chances somehow (HIPPO) (but I didn't do that my first try, read 3)
once, because I tried the way with "less chances" first, I just wanted to test my luck. :p

4) Out of those times, how often did you stay with your first choice? How often did you switch?
I didn't switch the first time, and I switched the second time.

i passed the
e
hall
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:42 pm

Beautiful.
I love things like these.
1) Which door did you pick? A, B, or C?
B
I switched doors.
Once.
I stayed with my choice.
Last edited by loofisawesome on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You posed dramatically.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Neat little lesson/adventure.
1. B
2. Stuck with the original choice, I had faith
3. wrote:None, faith
4. Same as 2

Now time to go on The Price is Right.