Adventure #78: Urxon Mania 1: The Origin

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #78: Urxon Mania 1: The Origin

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:06 am

The End 7's 7-year anniversary is coming up, and I have been developing a renewed interest in building puzzles involving Urxons.

For anyone who doesn't know: Urxons are special items which, once activated, change the color of all existing spellballs, even spellballs that are currently in flight. This allows for some interesting tricks and puzzles.

The puzzle in this adventure is lifted from The End 7, but it has some very big improvements which should resolve some common complaints that The End 7 had back in the day. The changes are as follows:

- No more darkness obscuring the puzzle. The darkness also made it difficult to tell some colors apart.
- The timing element has been completely removed, despite the cool aesthetic it had.
- Added a couple extra signs to give hints and tips.
- Urxons now have their own unique look as collectible items, as well as their own icons! They also now play a sound when they're used.
- Other small tweaks to the design of the adventure so that it flows a bit better.

I'm thinking of making a series out of Urxon-based puzzles, and I think the design of this adventure serves as a decent introduction to the concept.

Please download the Urxon icons to get the full experience when playing this adventure.

Have fun, and if you're reading this -- thanks for sticking around the Wonderland community after all this time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: Adventure #78: Urxon Mania 1: The Origin

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:23 am

Pardon the double post, but this is arguably important.

For anyone who wants to make their own Urxon puzzles, I have provided a toolkit for use in the editor.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:08 am

Wowee, that was goooooooood!

Although you don't release as many levels as before, every time you publish a new level, you show the PCPuzzle community that WA is a much bigger game than what it seems to be. I liked this level, it's pure innovation with fun puzzles and a great escape at the end. :P

Thank you for your work, MNIK. What a way to start someone's morning! :lol:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:07 pm

I'm wondering, what inspired the name Urxon for you? It's very catchy, feels like a canon magic name.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:38 pm

glad to see you back! just in time for me to get back into wonderland lol

this was a really good adventure, and the urxons make for good puzzle elements!

(the 1 in the title makes it sound like there'll be more :shock:)
Last edited by PhoenixBlaze on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It's good to see you all again, and I'm pleasantly surprised the adventure has gotten this much attention so soon after its release. Makes me a bit nostalgic for WA's golden age, actually.
Wonderman109 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:07 pm
I'm wondering, what inspired the name Urxon for you? It's very catchy, feels like a canon magic name.
Back when I was making The End 7, I wanted a mysterious-sounding name for a mysterious object. "Urxon" just popped into my head at some point, and I decided to use it. It was probably inspired by "Orxon", which is the name of a planet from Ratchet and Clank -- one of the games I played during my childhood.
PhoenixBlaze wrote:(the 1 in the title makes it sound like there'll be more :shock:)
Yep, I already started work on a sequel right after releasing this adventure. I don't know yet when it'll be done though!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:14 pm

I'll have to work with this... :)

Very well made, thank you MNIK!
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:47 pm

I loved this all the way up to the Waterchomper section, which I disliked a little since I'm absolutely horrible at fast-thinking sections but I digress, and that aside this is an excellent adventure. Oh wait are we supposed to pretend it's 2011 still with these? HELP!!!! I'M STUCK ON THE FIRST PUZZLE :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:51 am

Sammy_P wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:47 pm
I loved this all the way up to the Waterchomper section, which I disliked a little since I'm absolutely horrible at fast-thinking sections but I digress, and that aside this is an excellent adventure. Oh wait are we supposed to pretend it's 2011 still with these? HELP!!!! I'M STUCK ON THE FIRST PUZZLE :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I wish we knew how to use CMD 4 all the way back in 2011, rather than 2014. Imagine the insanity we would have pulled in the WA1E era.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:40 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:24 pm
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It's good to see you all again, and I'm pleasantly surprised the adventure has gotten this much attention so soon after its release. Makes me a bit nostalgic for WA's golden age, actually.
Wonderman109 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:07 pm
Back when I was making The End 7, I wanted a mysterious-sounding name for a mysterious object. "Urxon" just popped into my head at some point, and I decided to use it. It was probably inspired by "Orxon", which is the name of a planet from Ratchet and Clank -- one of the games I played during my childhood.
PhoenixBlaze wrote:(the 1 in the title makes it sound like there'll be more :shock:)
Yep, I already started work on a sequel right after releasing this adventure. I don't know yet when it'll be done though!
I'll have to look into Ratchet and Clank, thank you