(New Hub) - Unnamed Project Dev Thread (10-31-2023)

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

(New Hub) - Unnamed Project Dev Thread (10-31-2023)

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:01 pm

To the 5 people who thought I was dead, I ain't!

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night to whomever might be reading this! A few weeks ago, I started eeping my way back into Wonderland, and more recently, I slowly started working on a new project! (Some folks in the Wonderland Discord have seen it already.)

Basically, I'm doin my own take on a 4th Adventures game following a few loose plot threads given at the end of PoTZ; The new worlds Wysp found and wherever were the Thwarts?

I cannot and will not promise something the same quality that Patrick can put out. I'm just working on this in my free time and I've been having fun with it. When it's done, I will release it of course, hence this thread I'm making.

PROGRESS:

World 1 - Restror:
Areas 100%
Adventures 90%
Dialogue 80%
Secrets 50%
??? 0%

DEMO READINESS 50%

World 2 Onward:
~1%

I want to share a demo when I finish the first World as a WHOLE. While I'm getting close, there's still polish I want to do on even the most minute things - the way the player faces coming out of a level exit, details in adventures, etc.

For now though, I'll at least give you a screenshot or two. :)

UPDATE 10-31-2023

First and foremost, Happy Halloween!

Second, progress has been BOOMING! At the time of writing, there's 1 Main Adventure and 1 Extra left to design, then I'll spend time going over
everything to ensure there's no bugs, miswrote dialogue, none of that nonsense!

I'd say expect a demo sometime early November. I start a new job tomorrow and while I'll still have free time, I also can't release the demo until OpenSource 10.5.0 comes out because of a very special new feature being added ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by StinkyFTW on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Re: (New Hub) - Unnamed Project Dev Thread (10-29-2023)

Post by StinkyFTW » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:23 pm

UPDATE 10-29-2023!

Thanks to some help from some amazing folks in the Wonderland Discord, I was able to get one of the hub's most major mechanics FULLY
functional!

World 1, Restror, is nearing completion! I just need to wrap up the Adventures for it then design the secret area - each world will have 1 major secret area that can only be accessed by... hey wait, I can't tell you all that! You'll need to seek out the hints for each of them if you really want to
know!

For now, here's another screenshot for ya. (And no, you're not in The Void)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: (New Hub) - Unnamed Project Dev Thread (10-31-2023)

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:58 am

Can we have a new progress update? :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.