New Level: Gamma Island

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

New Level: Gamma Island

Post by ab-47 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 am

I love this guy.

This isn't one of my best, but I thought it would be nice to release it since I had it ready, there are some crazy tricks and a few crab shenanigans that you need to do in order to solve it, and sometimes if the crab doesn't want to go towards the direction you want you may need to load game again.

Two of the crabs will share a similar demise, the third crab will be a weird interaction that people might call a glitch but it isn't, and the last one is just all about that timing.

There is a chance you'll end up with 1-2 magic charges to spare, but that's fine since they are being used purely as supplementary, level is devious enough and I don't want it to be lowkey frustrating.

Fun time! 8)

EDIT: Oh by the way, you can literally just freezekill all the crabs and cheese the whole level, but that's boring since you won't get to see the cool trick for the last crab, play it in whatever way you like, but the freezekill is used just once and it will be on a delay, so it makes it look legit. You'll see what I mean. :P

Requires Cookie's idk what version music pack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Re: New Level: Gamma Island

Post by ILoveWonderland » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:42 pm

Done! :P A very challenging but very elegant adventure that looks simple but is anything but! I do think I might've cheesed it slightly - I had to use both "blinking while walking" and "brr-pad slide" tricks - however, how I killed the crabs matches up with how they're described in the OP, so I don't think I missed out on too much. Jutomi plans to upload my solution soon; I'm interested in how it compares to the intended solution. Anyways, thanks for the adventure, and I'll be looking forward to playing more from you! :)

Now where did I put that spare 500k USD...
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: New Level: Gamma Island

Post by ab-47 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:27 am

ILoveWonderland wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:42 pm
Done! :P A very challenging but very elegant adventure that looks simple but is anything but! I do think I might've cheesed it slightly - I had to use both "blinking while walking" and "brr-pad slide" tricks - however, how I killed the crabs matches up with how they're described in the OP, so I don't think I missed out on too much. Jutomi plans to upload my solution soon;

Anyways, thanks for the adventure, and I'll be looking forward to playing more from you! :)

I really am intrigued, can't wait to see your solution in Jut's channel. The level doesn't require glitches, there's a bit of tight-timing tricks, but nothing that I'd consider a glitch.
ILoveWonderland wrote:
I'm interested in how it compares to the intended solution.
Sure. https://youtu.be/m8pFQMj3DZM

ILoveWonderland wrote:
Now where did I put that spare 500k USD...
Dude now I have to un-cancel it if you get me the money. :cry:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]