Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:57 pm

out of curiosity, why have a separate forum for all of your stuff?
i get that it used to be for a hub project but if it's just custom content you could just start a megathread in the custom content forum, right?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:out of curiosity, why have a separate forum for all of your stuff?
i get that it used to be for a hub project but if it's just custom content you could just start a megathread in the custom content forum, right?
In fact I have similar doubts. The hub development section was huge, but now I closed it and no one has access to it as the hub was abandoned. One thing is that the create-a-forum has way more user-friendly editing tools and managing an often updated thread with multiple spoilers can get annoying at some point even with their tools, so it would be a nightmare at PC Puzzle. I think I'll port the whole Lair when all the packs are published (because I intend to leave Wonderland at some point and it is getting sooner with every release at the Lair).
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Aaaaaaaaaah small bump

Any updates?
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Sorry, but no and I am way too busy at the moment to think about them. I wrote they will all be uploaded this summer and I will keep the promise.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 pm

(Bump)

Hey, Pawelec, can you upload the twilight garden models faster please? Me & Phoenix were hoping to use them for some of our projects. :)
Cheese!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 am

You mean the mushrooms and small flower patches? Sure, I'll get to work ASAP. The water props require more work as it is a really huge pack.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

Pawelec wrote:You mean the mushrooms and small flower patches? Sure, I'll get to work ASAP. The water props require more work as it is a really huge pack.
Yeah, that's what I meant, but I was also asking for the blue volcanoes at the same time. Those could also be useful for me and Phoenix. (If they're ready)

If you could do that too, thanks! :)
Cheese!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 am

Crazy Mushrooms and Twilight Volcano added to the Lair. Little flowers were planned to be included in the Underbrush Plants pack, so I'd rather wait with the release until the pack is ready. If you need them urgently I can pack them into an alpha release of the pack.
by Giuseppe Verdi
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Hey, uh, are you still working on the Atlantis level texture? I don't mean to rush, but I need that for some upcoming adventures.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Yes, but I don't have much time on my hands now. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:22 am

Bump

Pawelec, I have two questions for you. Can you answer them, please?

1. Is there any lair progress?

FinnThor, [url=http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27532]here[/url] wrote:I've also done plenty of recolorings of either MS Textures or Pawelec's works.
As you may or may not have noticed, me and others have been working on a Community Hub. Are you fine with me releasing recolored versions of your works, as long as I have your prior permission and give you all the necessary credit? (Ex: Twilight Volcano recolored red and lilypads recolored red and dark blue.)

(The community hub is here.)

Pawelec wrote:Image
Can you upload those grass-like models soon? I would like to use it for one of my upcoming adventures.
Cheese!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 am

There was some Lair progress but not much, I'll sit down to the Atlantis/Greek stuff and last plant packages this week. As for the recolourings: as long as you give me credit and not use anything outside Wonderland games you can modify the Lair assets freely, see the disclaimer at the Lair.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 pm

I guess I should also mention that I would like watertex swamp. (I forgot to ask earlier :|)
Cheese!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Guys, I'm sorry but due to private matters all work on the Lair assets is stopped from today. I uploaded Watertex Swamp as FinnThor requested.

I'll get back to work when I sort things out but academic year in Poland started today so don't expect any uploads soon.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am

OK, so another summer is coming and I still haven't released everything. Anyone interested? I should finish my bachelor's thesis in few weeks then I may have some more time to finally polish and upload everything and not worry about accidentally deleting part of the work.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Pawelec wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am
OK, so another summer is coming and I still haven't released everything. Anyone interested? I should finish my bachelor's thesis in few weeks then I may have some more time to finally polish and upload everything and not worry about accidentally deleting part of the work.
Still here, still interested.

TIME TO WAIT IN SUSPENSE
Cheese!

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:22 am

Yes, it would be very nice to see. :)
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Yeah! Not long ago I was in the middle of making a level with your custom textures, they're super lovely.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm

OK, so I ported stuff to my new laptop and oh my please help me.

My new display is 1920x1080 what means an upgrade from 1600x900. It seems impossible to force rendering WA3E on GTX 1060 GPU so I don't get anti-aliasing and stuff looks horrible. I noticed some PNGs need to have artefacts removed because I wasn't able to spot them in non-HD but they are so awfully visible in HD. But the worst thing is my swamp (you can see the screens in this topic) looks way too dark, much darker than I intended. My question is: is it so dark on your displays too or should I leave it as it is?

As for the new stuff: new tree textures, underbrush plants and Grave Plains texture are in the works now. Expect uploads soon.
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Pawelec wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm
OK, so I ported stuff to my new laptop and oh my please help me.

My new display is 1920x1080 what means an upgrade from 1600x900. It seems impossible to force rendering WA3E on GTX 1060 GPU so I don't get anti-aliasing and stuff looks horrible. I noticed some PNGs need to have artefacts removed because I wasn't able to spot them in non-HD but they are so awfully visible in HD. But the worst thing is my swamp (you can see the screens in this topic) looks way too dark, much darker than I intended. My question is: is it so dark on your displays too or should I leave it as it is?

As for the new stuff: new tree textures, underbrush plants and Grave Plains texture are in the works now. Expect uploads soon.
yay new uploads

Leave the swamp as-is, to me it looks perfect, but I am using the Default Intel Graphics 4600 "Card".
Cheese!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:56 pm

I will say, I agree and would like to see the rest of what you can offer, Pawelec! Your assets are high quality and a life-saver for projects like WA: Operation Mecha!

I will note though, watertex swamp is missing. You can't access it's download link. I was able to "improvise" a copy of it with the preview image but it's lower quality.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the rendering, though. That sucks XS
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:11 am

LexieTheFox wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:56 pm
I will say, I agree and would like to see the rest of what you can offer, Pawelec! Your assets are high quality and a life-saver for projects like WA: Operation Mecha!

I will note though, watertex swamp is missing. You can't access it's download link. I was able to "improvise" a copy of it with the preview image but it's lower quality.
Here's a copy of watertex swamp before the download link supposedly went offline. :wink:

I'm still looking forward to those new textures/models you have planned for us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheese!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:51 am

FinnThor wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:11 am
Here's a copy of watertex swamp before the download link supposedly went offline. :wink:

I'm still looking forward to those new textures/models you have planned for us!
Thank you, FinnThor!! I greatly appreciate it!! I was about to use it as the main watertex for everything, so having the official one is best!

Thanks again, and thank you Pawelec for such high quality custom content! :D
Rawr.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Hm, for me the link is working fine. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

Things are in the making, some closer to their final form than the others but my goal is to release everything I have in store before the end of the month. Some of the packs will get reuploaded as they got fixed and expanded (e.g. the tree texture pack got few times bigger and now features textures for both the Apple Tree and Leaf Tree models).
by Giuseppe Verdi
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:57 am

You say that you are uncertain about the licence status of some of these stuff. So the question is: should I include it in the WA3E archive? Many of the adventures are already using them, and the archive will be put on v2.0 of Games Collection CD.

Will this be a second big issue after custom music?
Please reply to me ASAP.
Previously known as Aryan101
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:22 am

Oh, that is a serious issue. The things of a very uncertain licensing status are:
- AoEO trees,
- Mayan Temple textures and assets,
- Crazy Mushrooms.

AoEO trees were going to get a hand-made-from-scratch remake anyway because their models are badly optimised and texture mapping choices are often weird. This becomes top priority work now.

Mayan Temple is the biggest problem, the models are a straightforward port of a Unity3D asset while the texture is just copy-pasted from model textures. Remaking it would be quite a daunting task.

Crazy Mushrooms is such a small asset I could provide a replacement specifically for the CD Collection release. In fact I could provide replacements of all the dubious assets just for the release but I'd need more time.

Also: Modular Bridge Set was heavily reworked by me based on a Unity3D asset, to the point I remade the models and texture mapping so it shouldn't be a problem. The thing is the end result looks strikingly similar to the original (that was my goal).
by Giuseppe Verdi
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:40 am

Okay, you can take your time. (Good that I informed you that before the release of CD)

BTW, current version of the archive contains some of these models which I downloaded as part of CvP adventures.
Should I remove them temporarily? These adventures would get less attracting then.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:52 am

It is not that I was pirating something intentionally, the thing is it is quite unclear what can be done with Unity3D assets after you buy and what you can not. AoEO is not maintained at all anymore, the team doesn't exist and they don't respond to my AoEO-related e-mails anyway (one of them replied that the project is over and they found no point in discussing it at all at that point) so I don't even know what is the licensing status of the game art.

I'm glad you asked that, releasing this material on CD could potentially get both me and Patrick into some legal issues if the licenses turned out to be interpreted differently than I understood them.

EDIT: Is anyone really using AoEO Trees pack in their adventures? After some consideration I think some of the trees are broken beyond repair and I'd be glad to drop them completely. The amount of variants of each tree is also way more than a WA level designer would ever need.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am

As per my memory, I found them in some adventures. But I can't remember those adventures. (In CvP adventures, I think)

I am removing these assets from the archive for good, until a safe remake is made.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I couldn't create a new version now, but tomorrow or later.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 pm

I actually am using some of the trees in my adventures, they provide refreshing variety since to me the original vanilla Oak Trees are so big they block out tons of viewspace.

I intend to use a lot more of them as well -- the different types of trees gives me far more freedom. Though.. it seems that might be a problem with the V2.0 CD!
Rawr.