Hobby Contest

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Monica, if everyone puts their names in the attachment, won't you have to erase all the names before you email them to Robyn?

If you PM me your email again, I'll go ahead and send my picture to you. If Cathy's shopping.................................this could be a long wait!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat May 03, 2008 5:36 pm

How many people are organizing this thing, I'm starting to get confoozled?

And who do I send my picture to?

And whoever wants the photo you'll have to PM me an e-mail address because unless it's a level file I can't add an attachment.

And do you want my name on it like Monica suggested?

And, and, and.... :lol:
bob
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat May 03, 2008 5:40 pm

me too! me too!
tonight or early tomorrow....OK?
jg
I also need a pm with an address please.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:27 pm

bob roest wrote: How many people are organizing this thing?
Seventeen altogether....! There are more people organizing, than playing. :D
bob roest wrote: And, and, and.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...and did you receive my picture Cathy? :? And is it ok? :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Cathy and I are organizing all the pics and clues and Robyn has been kind enough to post them on her site. Robyn will be clueless as to who's pic is who's, this way she can guess for a change.
Monica, if everyone puts their names in the attachment, won't you have to erase all the names before you email them to Robyn?
No Miss Dizzy....I'll make copies and keep the originals, I'll just rename the copies..01, 02 03 ...etc... before I send them to her.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Ok, I got your PM and I emailed the picture to you from my aol address. Let me know if it's ok. :)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 12:02 am

I got (13) thirteen pics so far. Cathy must still be out shopping, spending that money. goodness knows I spent enough of it today, but I needed some summer clothes, seems I gained a few pounds since last summer. 8)
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:05 am

Hey Monica, do you want to use this for an avatar?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 1:35 am

Awww that's cute Dizzy, but don't you like my kissing puppy dog. :cry:

I'm not much of a cat person, I like cats but I've always had mostly dogs.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:07 am

Oh Dear!!! Now you've taken away the cutest avatar ever...the kissing puppy. :( I loved it! Just ran across the kitty in a bonnet to let you see it.

I've had cats and dogs (mostly dogs), but I love both. My parents have a cat.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 2:18 am

I've had several cats. One named Dickens, he liked to attack people, I thought it was funny, he'd wrap himself around someones leg and wouldn't let go. Most men I've been with don't like cats or otherwise I'd probably have me one.

How's this one, you like this one. I call it walking the dog.... :lol: :lol:

Why don't you use the kitty, you need a cute animal avatar. Might have to sick Lillie's cat on ya, I don't think I'd want to mess with him.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:45 am

I can't change avatars yet....I just found this one! It reminds me of my childhood music box dancers. :D Ok, maybe after the Contest is over.

When I was little I had a precious kitty cat. One day a Siamese cat came into our yard and started fighting with my cat, then it ran under our car. I got a handful of rocks, got back up on my porch and threw the rocks under the car. In the next split second, the Siamese cat was attached to my tiny legs....with all four of it's feet. The claws were in so deep, the cat had trouble getting off of me. I walked into my house (without crying) and my Mom freaked out. Blood everywhere! But guess what, I still love cats! Go figure!
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 2:50 am

My daughter used to get me those wind up musical things all the time. When I clean house I wind them up, sometimes I have three or four going at once. I just love wind chimes, I have a huge one that hangs outside my bedroom window on the porch and it's soothing sometimes when the wind is blowing just right. I like to hang them in all my trees, but most have the thing in the center broke out but I can still here them when the wind blows.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun May 04, 2008 3:10 am

Oh oh I love wind chimes! I have a Nascar one right outside the front door, which is right around the corner from my bedroom window! All the near by neighbors have them too. I like the lower pitched tones rather than those squeaky high pitched ones.

Love that kitty picture Dizzy! Sooooo cute.

To me music boxes went the way of knick knacks in my house. I finally realized I had no attachment to any of them and that all I did was dust them all the time. Tossed em. Sick of dusting stuff!

Oh and Gen I love that Avatar! You've used that one in the past and it cracks me up EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sun May 04, 2008 4:32 am

I like cats, music boxes, wind chimes, and all of your avatars too!

Dizzy and Monica, you all have been around some cats with attitude! Two of mine were calico, one tri-colored and one tortoiseshell. I think there is something special about calicos. They are smart and real lovers.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:13 pm

I'm so so sorry I shopped till I literally dropped. :( I was looking (researching) for new pots and pans :evil: starting to narrow the field but dang blasted I just don't want to have to spend that kind of money. :x :evil:

I received 2 photos. (Dizzy and Liz) they will be sent off to you, Monica, shortly. btw I know who the pictures are from Image :lol: :lol: so I'll send ya the list so you do too :D

Any more people interested, I am sending Bob and Janet my email address as well unless you took care of this yesterday. Either way, they will get it and can send the pics, if they've already been sent then carry on!!! I'll be around today :) :)

Robyn that avatar cracks me up :lol: :lol:
Cathy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 2:32 pm

I was looking at the price of pots and pans also. I have a set but I'd like a few more and yes they are expensive.

Dizzy, Robyn's and Bob's emailed me theirs. I have thirteen in all, which includes mine. Marinus PM'd me his.

But I'm home today, I'll be in and out, want to start setting my hanging baskets out so I'll be outside, working on my tan.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:41 pm

otay!! So you have all that I received, just waiting on Janet right?

Good luck on that tan!!! We have rain/cloudy :(

I'll have to talk to ya about your set later. :D
Cathy
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun May 04, 2008 3:25 pm

jcvalcar2 wrote: I was looking (researching) for new pots and pans :evil: starting to narrow the field but dang blasted I just don't want to have to spend that kind of money.
You need to look for a Sale on something like Analon (what I use); I think they are the best for the money. A little heavy, but great!

Or go here and look around:
www.foodnetwork.com

(yes I'm off-topic, but this is extremely important!!!!!) :lol:
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun May 04, 2008 3:32 pm

My mummy bought us good pots and pans for our wedding pressie ten years ago! They still look like new after ten years of use! You get what you pay for with pots and pans honey! Might be worth splashing out a bit for the better quality and they will last forever and ever, amen! :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Thank you all for the info and Emma I'll check that out, thanks!! :D :D My first set lasted over 20+ years and I really liked them, probably why I am so hesitant in replacing them but alas they need to go to pottie heaven :( :lol: I don't mind spending the money I just want to make certain that they are worth it. Things are just NOT made the way they used to be. :evil:

This thread went astray quickly too :shock: I'll get back on track, after this :lol: :lol:

Gen I like your avatar too - great helmet!!! :D
Cathy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 6:35 pm

OK, I got to go fold my laundry then I'll copy and rename the pics get it all together and send it off to Robyn. I have 15 pics, if there's any late bloomers you probably have an hour before I send them off. I think you will all be amazed at some of the talent we have here in our forum, I know I am. :wink:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun May 04, 2008 6:44 pm

OK, I'm in, and just under the wire I see. :oops: I emailed my pic to Cathy.
Let the games begin! (Well, let Monica fold her stuff first...)
jg
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Yup I got yours JanetGalle, you were the one I was waiting on.
Everything is on it's way to the publisher........If anyone who didn't submit a pic but still wants to guess give Robyn (rescuefire) a PM and she will send you the link.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon May 05, 2008 12:02 am

Okies Monica it's all set up and you have the link!

Start PMin' that link out!!!

Holy moly this is HARDDDDDDDDD :shock: :? :?:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon May 05, 2008 12:28 am

What the hell is picture no. 4? :shock:

That's not a hobby, that's something the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals becomes involved in!
bob
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon May 05, 2008 12:28 am

OK all participants should have a PM waiting in their mailbox if you didn't get one let me, Cathy or Robyn know and we'll get one out to ya. Good luck everyone.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:53 am

Gee, I thought I knew everyone's hobby until I looked at the pictures! This is deefeecult. :?
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon May 05, 2008 12:58 am

Image Bob, I was thinkin' almost the same thing!

Yikes this is crazy. I think I know two...one is mine :oops:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:08 am

Awesome site Robyn :D :P :D :P

Great job putting this together Monica, Thank you :D :P :D :P
Cathy