Mario Kart Series Topic

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Mario Kart Series Topic

Post by Technos72 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 pm

In this topic we can discuss the mario kart games, share time trial times, give out tips, tell how to unlock stuff, and more.

We can discuss:
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii

I'll start. I can access almost every MK game. I just need Mario Kart Wii to complete the collection. When I get it, I'll prepare something good for all of you.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:25 am

Mario Kart has the cheapest racing AI programming I have ever seen.

Blue shells are the cheapest racing mechanic ever, too. :lol:

When you're playing online or offline with someone, it's a lot of fun, but against the bots... not so much. :P
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am

Blue shells can be both good and bad. When I'm on DS I can avoid blue shells and still stay in 1st place. :D

How to: stay close to the person in 2nd place while in 1st and when you get a warning for a blue shell, or hear one, quickly let the 2nd place go 1st. (s)he will get pwned by the blue shell while you can simply run back to 1st as long as you avoid the explosion.

It's a choice. either avoid shell while close to opponents, or go far from them and get hit by it (if you're TOO far, it's ok)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am

Genius! I never thought of that because of how the rubber-band AI works. :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Mario Kart Series Topic

Post by billy bob » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Technos72 wrote: We can discuss:
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii
I have Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii.

On Wii, I have a 1 star profile (that means getting 1 star rating on every single cup of ever cc version thing), I also have unlocked every character and kart and bike and Mii suit.

On on-line battle once, blue shells kept on coming at me throughout the whole race. I am not lying, every three seconds a blue shell got me. That was a really weird glitch, I wasn't even first.

I dodged a blue shell once, but when I slow down and let the other person first (which is usually not possible because I am so far ahead), the blue shell still gets me. I slow down anyway just so others get involved in the explosion. Is that trick not possible on Wii?

I only get blue shells when I am approximately twelfth, but I don't want to get the first player, I want to get the eleventh and tenth and ninth so I can be in front of them. If it hits the first player, then the first player comes sixth or something, which doesn't help me at all.

On Mario Kart Double Dash, chomp thing throws me off the edge instead of helping me. They lost me so many matches, does this happen to anyone else?

To be honest, I don't really like the idea of having two players in one kart.

On Mario Kart N64, I used to always play the second battle course over and over again. Just playing on my own (the other player was staying still without anyone controlling it). I just drove around the track for hours daily never finding it tiresome.

I also got three players (I didn't have four controllers) to go on the fourth course (the desert train one) and put them all in the tunnel, the train kept on attacking all players but I just sat there staring at all players getting excited when the train came.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm

In MK 64 I think it's possible to play online mode. It requires an N64 emulator. I'll try getting more info on how to set it up.

When I get MK wii and complete the MK collection I'll post my times on ALL rainbow road tracks and see if anybody can beat them.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:05 pm

billy bob wrote:On on-line battle once, blue shells kept on coming at me throughout the whole race. I am not lying, every three seconds a blue shell got me. That was a really weird glitch, I wasn't even first.
Someone probably hacked to get infinite blue shells as well as a blue shell targetting hack. I had a hack for that on the DS version.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 pm

You can hack on-line? :? :shock:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Hacking your client using a cheat device, yes.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 am

I can try to set up Mario Kart 64 hamachi for the Wonderland Community. Hamachi is this program that sets up an internet gaming server so that you can play online with people that have your hamachi password. You can use it to play with only your friends. And I'll use the Project 64 emulator to set up for online play. But may fail if I need to insert IP address.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Well after another heatwave and Mario Kart Wii addiction, I'm back. From sunday to here I got 30 gold trophys and my mii racer is a captain falcon mii I got. It's too bad I can't use falcon flyer for the mii. which you can get when you beat lightning cup in mirror. I just need flower and special cup on mirror.

I'm thinking of a countdown of top 5 best and top 5 worst items in the whole series. Tell me please what you think the best and worst item you think it is. I need at least five items chosen for best and worst. There can also be double dash specials. And this may be posted on youtube.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm

With the best and the worst items: Do you mean the five most and least useful items? Or the five best or worst idea for an item?
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:34 pm

billy bob wrote:With the best and the worst items: Do you mean the five most and least useful items? Or the five best or worst idea for an item?
up to five you think is good and another five you think it's bad. You can also just say what you think the best one and the worst one is in your opinion.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Technos72 wrote:
billy bob wrote:With the best and the worst items: Do you mean the five most and least useful items? Or the five best or worst idea for an item?
up to five you think is good and another five you think it's bad. You can also just say what you think the best one and the worst one is in your opinion.
Sorry, you still didn't answer my question. When you say good, are you referring to enjoyable or useful?
Good can mean three things:
1. Enjoyable.
2. Holy.
3. This one is hard to explain. It's the one used in this context: "He's a good boy, he waters the flowers.".
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 am

*shot*

I meant to say five most and least useful items.

hope that doesn't happen again.

EDIT: My opinions: the bullet bill is probably the best (wii and ds) because it turns for you, moves fast, and knocks over opponents. and probably one of the worst would be the storm cloud (wii) because you must touch somebody to make them shrink from it or else you get owned by your own item.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:43 am

and then the banana would be the second worst, then probably the fake item box.
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:14 am

I've only played Mario Kart(not sure if double dash or not) once, at a friend's house. I think that the Spiky shell thing(Bowser's special) is the worst. It's hugeness is totally unfair. :lol: :P
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:58 pm

ben-09 wrote:and then the banana would be the second worst, then probably the fake item box.
Well you can use banana and fake box to block an incoming red shell. If you see one coming at you, hold the banana/fake box by the time it gets to you.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Technos72 wrote:
ben-09 wrote:and then the banana would be the second worst, then probably the fake item box.
Well you can use banana and fake box to block an incoming red shell. If you see one coming at you, hold the banana/fake box by the time it gets to you.
On Wii anyway: I don't think fake box guards red shells (or green). Bananas do guard red (and green) shells though.