Bricks (a puzzle game)

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:22 pm

After getting 5 points by trimming the ending of "SUNRISE" which had 5 useless moves, I have solved "TRITON" and now have 21486 points.

It's funny how some levels which look extremely difficult actually turn out to be relatively simple (Hello, PHOBOS. Hello, TRITON) while levels that look simple turn out to be incredibly aggravating. (Hello, OMEGA. Hello, ISOLATION. No, haven't solved those two yet)

EDIT: After 2 moves squeezed out of "PATHFINDER" and some EPIC improvements on "MONKSHOOD", "SUNRISE", and "TARGET"... 21920.

I want to see if I can break 22K without solving any new levels. Knowing how terrible my initials are, this shouldn't be too hard. :lol:

EDIT 2: Done, 22021 after another epic improvement, now on "REPULSION". Score still sucks, but I've got my 22K now.

EDIT 3: Just solved "BERMUDA" with a *really* terrible initial and now at 22651.

7350 points to go, here we go...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:58 pm

BUMP.

After epic improvements on "MONKSHOOD" and "SOCCER" (so epic they're now blue instead of red) I started playing more and, lo and behold, I beat "LOTUS". With my trademark of terrible initial scores which I rarely (if ever) bother to revise.

23361, 6640 to go...

EDIT: "CALLISTO", "GANYMED" and even "FOUR SEASONS" are now solved.

25743, 4258 to go...

Now I want to see if I can save 258 steps off of my terrible initial scores. :lol: Might be easier than it seems, actually...

EDIT 2: Got about a hundred from "SUITCASE" and solved "NAJER" which got me to 26477. 3524 to go...
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 pm

27354 after solving "TETRIS". Kudos to the designers, this was great.
2647 to go.

Three or four levels more. Depends on how much the scores will suck. If they really suck, I might have to do five levels which would be a big problem.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 pm

*epic bump I don't care!!!*
Today I returned to this game and got 28179 by beating "STAMP".

I seriously did not expect to actually beat that level. I was so close before, but no dice. The new approach seemed like madness... but it worked! And gave me a terrible initial score. Terrible initials are now my trademark in this game. My STAMP initial is 175 moves, which sucks. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:44 am

And another epic bump for solving "HRS" with an initial of 234 and "MAZE" with an initial of 279.

29666 points now. 335 to go if I want to get 30001 and Bricks IV.

So: will I solve one more level or will I move-opt the heck out of the ones I've already done? We'll see... eventually.

I've also got level 28 "RODS" in Bricks JR in 30 moves, making it green. Those two extra moves were so easy to shave off, can't believe I didn't even notice that earlier... also shaved off one move in 44 "CLOSET" it's now 43 moves.

EDIT: 30354, solved "ZIGZAG" with an initial of 312.

Still have eleven levels unsolved (CHAIR, NAUTILUS, OMEGA, WATERLOO, ISOLATION, HYPERION, NEREID, OBERON, TITANIA, FISHBONE, UMBRIEL) but for now I don't care. Time to start bugging Andreas once more... :lol:

By the way, they're planning to release Bricks VII this year. :shock: Not that it has anything to do with me, I'm *just* ready to get Bricks IV... but still. :shock:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:47 am

OK, so now I have Bricks IV, what now? Only one level solved, the FIRST level ( :lol: ) and the rest are meaner than ever :shock: