We Need Your Prayers !!

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:48 am

Sorry to hear your son is so ill. I will keep him and your whole family in my prayers as well.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks so much for the update Bonnie and Cathy - our prayers are still coming :) Here is to some more good news soon. You take care.
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
lakeowl
Rainbow Wizard

We Need Your Prayers !!

Post by lakeowl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:45 pm

Hello everyone. Your prayers are being felt at every moment. After surgery the other day my son told me to tell you all thank you very much.

Davey is still on Dialosis (? no quite sure on the spelling). The operation took care of the temperatures he was having. But there hasn't been any difference in the functioning of his kidneys. The Dr.'s said time will tell but can't really give us a more accurate said given time length to go by.

I miss all of my family here on Wonderland. And with God help, hope to be back on on a regular basis before too long. Till then thank you again my family and please keep the prayers coming. They are truly heartfelt.
Limt Limt
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:53 pm

Good news so far! Some of us are praying throughout every day. When two or more are gathered together..................you just keep believing and thanking God. :) We will do the praying. We love you bunches.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:47 am

Thanks for the update, Bonnie! I'm glad to hear that Davey continues to improve and hope that time will heal all. The thoughts and prayers are still coming you way.

We miss you too!
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:51 am

Glad you took the time to keep us informed Bonnie. There's nothing more important than our children. Thank goodness you can be there for him.
Last edited by uneekrose on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:33 am

Glad Davey is making some progress.

We are all with you in spirit Bonny - we're all praying for a full recovery.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Nice to hear from you Bonnie - thanks for letting us know. Sounds like things are looking up! Here is to some more progress in the next few days :)
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Davey

Post by pandybear » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 am

You are all in my thoughts. Your strength and convictions will see you through this very difficult time, I have no doubt at all.

Andy (Andrea)
Andy
DRAKO
Rainbow Wonderlander

PRAYERS

Post by DRAKO » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Lakeowl, unfortunately I don't have children but if I did I could only imagine your anguish right about now. I will be sending out huge prayers from "downunder" until your son has recovered.
My thoughts and prayers are with you always.
Annie
DRAKO
lakeowl
Rainbow Wizard

With Your Prayers !! Things are getting better

Post by lakeowl » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:03 am

Hello my Wonderland Family..

I am home for a few days to get things caught up, take care of bills and relax. But while I was there I got to use my other sons' laptop so I was able to get three levels done while my son rested.

The prognosis on our son has changed much. His numbers are getting better on for his liver which was down some but not the life threatening factor. Davey is still taking Dialosis most everyday. We have missed talking to the Dr. the last couple of days. We wanted to ask him so many questions that lie unanswered on our minds. We still don't know if they will have to re-operate again or not. We don't know if the dialosis is making any difference because his numbers haven't changed much in that area of his complications.

But he says to tell you all hello again and thanks you from the bottom of his heart for the heartfelt prayers.

We are getting a little irritated at what is going on with him. Its been over 2 wks now and you'ld think they could tell us something. "Like" he will improve with time or they're still not sure...SOMETHING!!

But me knowing we have our families is what keeps sane. Thank you for your support.

lakeowl
(Bonnie)
Limt Limt
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:15 am

Hey Bonnie,

It's so good to hear from you.

It's very frustrating (and a bit scary) when you don't have answers to your questions. You tend to fill in the blanks with all kinds of things.

I'm thinking about your family and am hoping you get some answers SOON!
Anne
My List
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:52 am

Bonnie, grab those Doctors and make them give you the information you need. I've had to do that before. You really have to keep on them.

It sounds good for now. We will keep praying until Davey is "out of there" and home again.

Lots of Love/Prayers coming his way. :)

Emmy
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:54 am

:D :D :D Yes I agree Bonnie, you have a right to ask anything about your son, Make them tell you something.
Hang in there, I'm pulling for ya and your son. :D :D :D
Keeks
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:35 am

I'm so glad that Davey continues to improve and I hope and pray he will get stronger each and every day. Take care, we are all here for you! :D :D
Cathy
angi-no e
Rainbow Seeker

Post by angi-no e » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:56 am

Bonnie, I'm so glad to hear he continues to improve.

Emma and Kiki are right. You have every right to have everything explained to you so you have a clear understanding of what you are facing. Next time you see one of his doctors, corner him and start asking for information!!! (we've got your back)

Our prayers continue to be with you.

Angi
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:24 am

Thanks for the update, Bonnie!

I'm glad to hear that Davey continues to have improvement. Hoping that continues.

Talk with the nurses about what time the Drs. make their rounds so that you can be there when they do. Also, ask them to put a note on the chart saying the the family would like to speak with the Drs. One way or another, you should be able to make contact.

My thoughts and prayers continue to come your way.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:38 am

Thanks for letting us know Bonnie.

Hope you get some more info from the doctors.

Davey is still in my thoughts. :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:29 am

Thank you for taking the time to update us, Bonnie. I've been thinking about you and your son, and wondering how he is doing. I'm happy to hear that he is having some improvement.
Doctores, an arrogang rase sometimes. I agree with the other, demand some answeres, it is your right!
Davey will continue to be in my prayers.
Inger
Norway
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:11 pm

dialysis-had to look the spelling of this up

Glad to hear Davey is doing better Bonnie. Write your questions down as you think of them, carry a notebook and pen around with you. If your like me you finally get to see the doctor and can't remember everything you wanted to ask. Everyone is right though, most times to really have to pin that doc down and be direct, tell him to be direct also. Of course sometimes I believe they don't know everything. Every once in awhile the nurse's know more than the doctors, and I do believe you have every right to look at your son's chart. They got so many different laws now as far as medical info goes.

Will be thinking about you and your family and keeping you in our prayers.