Where will YOU go on vacations? :DDDDDDDDD

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Where will YOU go on vacations? :DDDDDDDDD

Post by ^_^ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:07 pm

To england, next day.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Wisconsin. Meh.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Mynameiskooky=florida.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 pm

What is a vacation? I know, its the american word for holiday
I'm going on holiday to Tekapo to ski.
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 am

Summer's busy.
PLANNED STUFF:
Florida (done)
Colorado
Maryland (done)
Massachusetts
Canada

STUFF WE MIGHT DO:
Mexico (maybe)
Oregon
Arizona
UK (10% chance)
she/her | Sayori#2285
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Absolutely nowhere. We're not seeking a vacation this year.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Just got back from Universal. :D

Going to head home the day after tomorrow...
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Kansas, in a few weeks. It's for a family reunion; we're spread across the US!
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Im going to my cottage.My grandfather has some propaty.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:13 am

~xpr'd~ wrote:PLANNED STUFF:
Canada
WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING

Ahem.

On-topic, I'm at Escott Bay (lol, camping) right now, the cabin we're at has internet, thankfully. :wink: :lol:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 am

GO, GO, STALK XPR'D, MY MINIONS. :twisted:

I had to spend 3 hours at a restaurant doing mostly nothing. I DISLIKE RESTAURANTS RAWR. Luckily, my mom says I won't have to go to another restaurant.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I LIKE RESTAURANTS.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Kinda SPAMMY posts above. Just got to England.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
~xpr'd~ wrote:PLANNED STUFF:
Canada
WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING
Near the end of summer, to either Québec or Ontario. Sorry D:
she/her | Sayori#2285
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:45 pm

CANADA
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:42 am

I just got back from my holiday in tekapo. It was awesome :)
I don't really see the point of bringing or using a computer on holiday, I mean, you can do that any time.
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:29 am

ben-09 wrote:I don't really see the point of bringing or using a computer on holiday, I mean, you can do that any time.
For most people, yeah, that's true. As for me... Due to being alienated in the past I'm rather co-dependent on my laptop, so... yeah. :wink:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

ben-09 wrote:I just got back from my holiday in tekapo. It was awesome :)
I don't really see the point of bringing or using a computer on holiday, I mean, you can do that any time.
You can do anything on a holiday at home too, though. Can't you? That's why I don't understand holidays unless you are going to see someone somewhere that is only located where you are going on holiday.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 am

billy bob wrote:
You can do anything on a holiday at home too, though. Can't you? That's why I don't understand holidays unless you are going to see someone somewhere that is only located where you are going on holiday.
No, usually people go on holiday to do something they can't do at home, like skiing, camping, boating or snorkeling. Or they might go on holiday to see sights such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:56 pm

ben-09 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
No, usually people go on holiday to do something they can't do at home, like skiing, camping, boating or snorkeling. Or they might go on holiday to see sights such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
You can do camping at home, and you can go anywhere with water to go boating and snorkeling. You have to go certain places on holiday to go skiing. Most holidays you still can't. And no one goes skiing for the whole holiday.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 pm

billy bob wrote:
ben-09 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
You can do camping at home, and you can go anywhere with water to go boating and snorkeling. You have to go certain places on holiday to go skiing. Most holidays you still can't. And no one goes skiing for the whole holiday.
I went skiing for my whole holiday. :P
And It's no fun camping at home. :roll:
Also you can't boat or waterski in any water, It has to be a lake or the ocean. And most people don't live next to a lake or the ocean.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:42 pm

ben-09 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
ben-09 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
I went skiing for my whole holiday. :P
And It's no fun camping at home. :roll:
Also you can't boat or waterski in any water, It has to be a lake or the ocean. And most people don't live next to a lake or the ocean.
It takes about five minutes to get to a lake (not an ocean, but a whole holiday isn't worth more space than you need). A five minute journey isn't a holiday. It must have been a very short holiday if you went skiing all the time. There isn't much difference where you camp, if you find it fun camping not at home then why isn't it fun camping at home?
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Because you can just get in at any time and there isn't any stuff that makes camping fun. And actually, for me, the nearest lake is about twenty minutes away. It depends on where you live. And for it to count as a vacation(or holiday), I think you have to go a bit far away and stay for a while. For example, going out to you yard for a few minutes isn't a holiday, is it? :P
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm

LittleZbot wrote:Because you can just get in at any time and there isn't any stuff that makes camping fun. And actually, for me, the nearest lake is about twenty minutes away. It depends on where you live. And for it to count as a vacation (or holiday), I think you have to go a bit far away and stay for a while. For example, going out to you yard for a few minutes isn't a holiday, is it?
What makes camping fun? And being able to get in any time is better. Having the inside an option is better. More options the better. Twenty minute journey isn't a holiday. And no, going into the yard for a few minutes isn't a holiday. What I am saying is what is the point of a holiday if you can do all that stuff at home or near home?
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:23 pm

For some reason to most people it's more fun. :wink:
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:25 pm

LittleZbot wrote:For some reason to most people it's more fun.
That's weird. And illogical of them.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 pm

billy bob wrote:
I went to Florida because it's warmer than it is here and there are nice theme parks and stuff.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
billy bob wrote:
I went to Florida because it's warmer than it is here and there are nice theme parks and stuff.
Yes, that does make sense.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:14 am

It takes about five minutes to get to a lake (not an ocean, but a whole holiday isn't worth more space than you need). A five minute journey isn't a holiday. It must have been a very short holiday if you went skiing all the time. There isn't much difference where you camp, if you find it fun camping not at home then why isn't it fun camping at home?
Well, its not five minuites for me, its about 1 and a half hours. And camping in say, a forest of by a lake is much more fun than in the garden because you are in a new place and there is more stuff to do.
billy bob wrote:
It is not weird or illogical to have more fun when you are somewhere new or different from home.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:08 pm

billy bob wrote:
Wait, seriously?

No, really?

You're saying that it's weird and illogical for some people to enjoy things more than other people may? That means that you're basing it off of your own opinion and making no valid argument. I'm still more amazed at you claiming that it's weird and illogical for people to like different things. Nobody's the same. And at my house, sure, I can walk to a lake, takes only about 2 minutes, but in California, it took almost 3 hours driving. You've been arguing a lot lately, and you always seem to lose the argument. Just please try to not be like this anymore. I know you know what you're doing and it's really annoying.
she/her | Sayori#2285