'I no' and 'I know'. What's the difference?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

'I no' and 'I know'. What's the difference?

Post by ^_^ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:07 pm

title
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Is that a question meant to be answered by anyone, or only by BB?
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Anyone.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:13 pm

OK, the second one is a sentence containing two words, and the first one is containing two words, but not a sentence. (In my opinion of course)
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 pm

"I know" means "I understand".

"I no" is not a sentence because "no" is just the opposite of "yes".

8)
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:04 pm

This isn't even a good question.
if someone says "I no" they mean "I know."
END?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:08 pm

How do you no? When I say: "I no", then I don't no what I mean. Actually I mean nothing with it.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Stop that.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Stop what? And who do you think you are to tell me that I should stop?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:05 pm

"No" and "know" are homophones - they sound the same but have different meanings.

But honestly, don't make topics for these questions. Ask them to your teacher.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Marinus wrote:Stop what? And who do you think you are to tell me that I should stop?
I think he means stop saying "no" instead of "know" on purpose. I sort of agree, it is kind of a pain on the eyes. :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:50 pm

I can't believe this discussion is still going. :roll:

We've already given ^_^ the answer. :|
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Theo, At least you find it funny, because of the laughing smiley. :wink:

And I agree too, but at the same time I disagree. (Anyone else who can that? 8) )

I don't like if people use words which cause confusion, especially for people who use to talk a different language while the words are not on a translating website.

However, in order to make that point clear, I thought, doing it on purpose, was the most logical response on Deeman's post.

The same (dis)agreement on Kooky's post. The first line I fully agree. But the second line would only be true if it's about ^_^ getting the answer to his question. But not, if it's about us, having a fun conversation. For example, we could ask if ^_^ really didn't know the answer, or he asked a question on which he knew the answer, on purpose.

BB, no need to believe it or not believe it. Can't you see it with your own eyes? Or can't you believe you own eyes? And about the word: "we", doesn't that mean, (according to some of your dictionaries) some people including myself? or what? And I didn't see you gave an answer. :lol:
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Marinus wrote:Theo, At least you find it funny, because of the laughing smiley. :wink:

And I agree too, but at the same time I disagree. (Anyone else who can that? 8) )

I don't like if people use words which cause confusion, especially for people who use to talk a different language while the words are not on a translating website.

However, in order to make that point clear, I thought, doing it on purpose, was the most logical response on Deeman's post.

The same (dis)agreement on Kooky's post. The first line I fully agree. But the second line would only be true if it's about ^_^ getting the answer to his question. But not, if it's about us, having a fun conversation. For example, we could ask if ^_^ really didn't know the answer, or he asked a question on which he knew the answer, on purpose.

BB, no need to believe it or not believe it. Can't you see it with your own eyes? Or can't you believe you own eyes? And about the word: "we", doesn't that mean, (according to some of your dictionaries) some people including myself? or what? And I didn't see you gave an answer.:lol:
:lol:
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 am

billy bob wrote:I can't believe this discussion is still going. :roll:

We've already given ^_^ the answer. :|
Yes it is!
And you do same in the abandoned pirate topic! :lol:
And YOU did not gave any answer about the question, so you should not say "we've"
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm

I no is pronounced the same as I know, so sometimes in chats we use I no to replace I know to waste less time.

(But then, it doens't really wastes that much time.)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 pm

^_^ Will you please do me a favor, and remove the flashing picture from your signature? We (some people including Patrick and me) discussed that sort of things, not long ago.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Marinus wrote:^_^ Will you please do me a favor, and remove the flashing picture from your signature? We (some people including Patrick and me) discussed that sort of things, not long ago.
That is not flashy IMO, it is just Luigi moving in and out.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 pm

It's just the way you call it. I call it flashy, and it's distracting my view on the forum very much.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Marinus wrote:BB, no need to believe it or not believe it. Can't you see it with your own eyes? Or can't you believe you own eyes? And about the word: "we", doesn't that mean, (according to some of your dictionaries) some people including myself? Or what? And I didn't see you give an answer.
Rules are important - this discussion isn't. You don't want to check all the words in the dictionary because this isn't a serious discussion. As for the rules, that's serious.
Marinus wrote:It's just the way you call it. I call it flashy, and it's distracting my view on the forum very much.
And it's against the rules.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Marinus wrote:It's just the way you call it. I call it flashy, and it's distracting my view on the forum very much.
Marinus:
-_-
Its not really that distracting.
Tyteen:
Its a fake version of Luigi called Weegee.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 pm

BB wrote:Rules are important - this discussion isn't. You don't want to check all the words in the dictionary because this isn't a serious discussion. As for the rules, that's serious.
That's only your opinion, and I knew that. And you know I don't agree with that opinion, so there's no use in saying that at all.

If it's about rules you let you whole life and soul depend on dictionaries, but when it's about things other people may find more important which you don't find important, suddenly the dictionary isn't important anymore? Quite contradictory / inconsistent if you ask me.

About the rule for the signature I agree with you, but since I don't think rules are that important to ^_^ as they are to you, I thought I'd better ask him a different way. If it doesn't help there are always other possibilities.

^_^, I didn't say the picture is distracting, but it is very distracting to me. And it becomes even more distracting since you are posting very much, so the flashing picture is everywhere. Therefore I ask you once again, if you please will do me a favor by removing it.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Ugh ok, but i will get a nonflashing version of Weegee.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks! This is much less distracting to me. :D
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 pm

To me it is.
For me the moving one was less distracting. :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Grappenmaker.