Is anyone watching this sunday?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Is anyone watching this sunday?

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:23 pm

I'm referring to Wrestlemania, I think its outragous some cable companies in America charge upto $49.99 for a pay per view event, when we get them free in england, I'm curious if anyone in this forum is a fan of wrestling

I'm a huge fan :D

Also on a side note, I read in a thread how the admin wants to spend less time looking over the forums to get on with making the next game, does the next game, mean the next wonderland game, or the next game from there company in general? does anyone actually know if the sequel to RTW is actually being made, if it is I imagine this forum is a great place for beta testers - bugs etc, and new feature recommendations, I actually had a dream last night about the game, you know the Airport custom level, I was thinking abiout it last night in bed, and I was dreaming about items in the game that are not there, its all a muddle in my mind now but I can remember seeing the level editor screen in my head, and it having the option to change color of an item by clicking on it, maybe it was a premonition, maybe Im psychic!

I hope RTW 2 or whatever it calls does happen, curious do any of the other games from midnight synergy have these communities?
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:39 pm

Oh, no, dreaming about Wonderland, huh? That is a sign of the most serious form of this Wonderland illness, and I'm quite confident that many of us have already progressed to this level of the disease. I, too, have had dreams of Wonderland. I don't believe there is a cure once the illness has progressed to this stage. Tell me, did Stinky and Loof talk to you in your dream in their cute little voices? Ten, noine.....

I do remember Patrick saying he had to spend less time with the forum and with playing custom levels because he had to get on with making games. Seems like Wonderland and RTW have been pretty successful for Midnight Synergy, so it's hard to imagine that they wouldn't make another sequel, with more objects and more possibilities with the level editor. And Patrick has said they would take our suggestions into consideration for future games, so that sounds like there is going to be another Wonderland. (Perhaps they could hire you to make levels -- it would probably only take you about a month to do a whole game. Of course, it would take most of the rest of us our entire lives to figure those levels out!)

I don't know if they have level editors and forums for any other games. I suspect not -- we would probably have heard about it if they did.

As for wrestling, nope, didn't even know there was a big event this Sunday and that American fans are being ripped off for 50 bucks. That is a lot of money for one event on cable TV. (By the way, if you're a fan of Splinter Cell, there is a preview of the multiplayer game in Los Angeles and New York Monday evening at local theaters and it's FREE. I have a reservation and am hoping to go if my hand surgery on Monday doesn't leave me feeling too crummy to do that. If anyone from the forum is from New York or LA I can send a link for reservations.)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Well im in england sadly ;) - and no they didnt talk ;D
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:19 pm

Fans of the TEN NOINE EIGHT countdown goto

http://www.geocities.com/hcclanuk/

I have uploaded it in mp3 (170kb) its sooo cute lol
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:52 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:Fans of the TEN NOINE EIGHT countdown goto

http://www.geocities.com/hcclanuk/

I have uploaded it in mp3 (170kb) its sooo cute lol
Thanks :) I missed it in the game because I don't utilize sound usually. What game was it in and how did you create it? Both are real cute :)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:04 pm

when your running out of time in wonderland it comes on
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:29 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:when your running out of time in wonderland it comes on
Oh :o
Shows how long it has been since I have had the sound on. :) Probably not since the first few games of Wonderland the first. I listen to sounds the first few times I play a game and then I like to listen to my own music when I play games or maybe listen to the tv. The only exception I make is when I know I have to listen sometimes to make the right move and that seldom happens.

How did you manage to record that sound? Doesn't minimizing so you could hit your record button usually pause a game? Or did you just have the recorder running during the whole game?

As long as I'm writing here, your 3 cities has to be unique among all games created in wonderland including the originals. Very interesting layout for the city on the right, the ice city. Your ability to time the blocks needed for protection was fascinating. Interesting pasttime considering I had to replay it quite a few times to actually get through it :)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:44 pm

How did you manage to record that sound? Doesn't minimizing so you could hit your record button usually pause a game? Or did you just have the recorder running during the whole game?
I held my mic to the speaker and recorded it then converted in from a WAV to a mp3.

As long as I'm writing here, your 3 cities has to be unique among all games created in wonderland including the originals. Very interesting layout for the city on the right, the ice city. Your ability to time the blocks needed for protection was fascinating. Interesting pasttime considering I had to replay it quite a few times to actually get through it

My "Tale of three towns" level is my absolute favourite level I think ive ever played in this game, i know that sounds biased since I made it, but there is something brilliant about it and I cannot put my finger on it, and that section you refer to about pushing the blocks took alot of testing to get right, the whole idea of the third town was lack of control, you basically went wereever the town wanted you to go, I wanted to creat a feeling of omg i nearly hit that, when in fact the route is perfectly safe, hence the sheer amound of nasties there, one of my favourite elements of this game is the ice, and using the ice to new effects, I love how versatile the ice element can be.
thanx for your feedback, and please download haunted mansion and tell me if it is at all scary at the start :)

p.s 3 towns took me about 10 hours to make
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:18 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:
I held my mic to the speaker and recorded it then converted in from a WAV to a mp3.
Yea, that would work :)

My "Tale of three towns" level is my absolute favourite level I think ive ever played in this game, i know that sounds biased since I made it, but there is something brilliant about it and I cannot put my finger on it, and that section you refer to about pushing the blocks took alot of testing to get right, the whole idea of the third town was lack of control, you basically went wereever the town wanted you to go, I wanted to creat a feeling of omg i nearly hit that, when in fact the route is perfectly safe, hence the sheer amound of nasties there, one of my favourite elements of this game is the ice, and using the ice to new effects, I love how versatile the ice element can be.
thanx for your feedback, and please download haunted mansion and tell me if it is at all scary at the start :)

p.s 3 towns took me about 10 hours to make
I can believe it took you that many hours :) I don't mind the self satisfied feeling. It is natural to recognize a good idea whether it is one's own or another's.

By scary at first start do you mean looks, sound or game? :) :) I listened this time and the sounds are very scary :) The visuals are scary enough. The spooky levels don't scare me as in fear :) I don't like playing them during the daytime because they are harder to see where and what to play because of the glare on my computer. Night time it is easier for me to see the game. So if I am playing the game during the day, I just change the look of the theme to something easier on the eyes :) :) I keep both the original one and the changed one. It actually is fun playing a spooky one with a garden theme or other bright theme :)

This is one of the few games I tossed aside. I had stepped on the square blue button which signifies to me that the blue gates should all be open. Yet an area that had a blue gate stopped me. I didn't want to go through the initial stages anymore to see if that was just a glitch or part of the game. I know there was a blue timer switch earlier in the game. I also might have stepped on it after I stepped on the blue square one. Does that void the square one? I'll give the game another try after I hear your answer.
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:48 pm

By scary at first start do you mean looks, sound or game?

When you first start and you walk up the path and the UFO's explode all around you, scared me!

This is one of the few games I tossed aside. I had stepped on the square blue button which signifies to me that the blue gates should all be open. Yet an area that had a blue gate stopped me. I didn't want to go through the initial stages anymore to see if that was just a glitch or part of the game. I know there was a blue timer switch earlier in the game. I also might have stepped on it after I stepped on the blue square one. Does that void the square one? I'll give the game another try after I hear your answer.
Ahh yes, here is a little hint:
Go do the yellow room first, these yellow and 2 blue rooms are all connected, thats the puzzle, in order to open each one you need to get the box from the respective rooms to put on the switch for the next, yellow room gives you the bottom left blue box, then the bottom left blue room gives you the right blue one, once you have passed this part its easy!
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:56 am

BIGZIPZ wrote:p.s 3 towns took me about 10 hours to make
Wow, 10 hours huh? maybe I should take away "Full Time" from the phrase "Full Time Wonderland Player" I used in my profile, since nowadays I'm lucky to get 3 hours to do Wonderland stuff. Some (many? all???) of you here clearly are the true "full time Wonderlanders". :wink:
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:29 am

lol its 4:30, i have to get up in a few hours, and im sat here working on a spoof of the tremmors film
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:09 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:... in fact the route is perfectly safe
It's not completely perfect, but it's close. I managed to get Loof killed by one of the Scouges. The box got hit as it turned towards the Scouge and then Loof got hit when he was almost on top of it.

Nice level though. :)

~OB
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:40 pm

It's not completely perfect, but it's close. I managed to get Loof killed by one of the Scouges. The box got hit as it turned towards the Scouge and then Loof got hit when he was almost on top of it.

DOH!