to ol'gramma

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
dandy

to ol'gramma

Post by dandy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Hi thanks for your reply.
Are you really an old grandma or is that just a fun name,the reason I'm asking as I am a real old grandma I am 62 and have 6 grandchildren.
I suppose I am too old for this game but I love it and so do my grandchildren even the two year old.
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:22 am

Hi dandy,
Oh yes, I am really, really old. :wink:
Down on the bottom of this page, there is a title that says: Wonderland 3, Get It While It's HOT!!!
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=574

If you go there you will see what we all look like...I am lower right. It was designed for us, with love and adoration, by one of our young whipper snappers named Bear.

Adding OL' to your name gets you a pass when you get into trouble!!
But I do have 4 little grand kids, 2 boys and 2 girls.

Have you downloaded and played some of the custom levels? Come and join in the discussions on our forum, we have such nice, clever people from all over the world.. and I think you would enjoy it.

ol'gramma
Carolyn
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:42 am

ol'gramma wrote:Come and join in the discussions on our forum, we have such nice, clever people from all over the world.. and I think you would enjoy it.
And in comes that very same 'young whippersnapper' to totally agree.

Hi dandy, welcome to the Wonderland Arms :P ; the friendliest Pub in the whole internet. I'm Bear and I'll be your barman for the night; what can I get you? :D :D

~Bear
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:54 am

Yes - and I am ANOTHER young whipper snapper! You have DEFINITELY come to the right place. Seems to me most people who REALLY love and APPRECIATE Wonderland are 40+. Oh boy, I haven't given my age in the forum yet as a lot of Wonderlanders have, but I can tell you I'm WAY past the 40 mark!

Too old for this game? HAH! We grandma's and grandpa's have made this game what it is today! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Start reading the posts in both forums and YOU WILL SEE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Betcha Midnight Synergy NEVER expected THIS!)

WELCOME DANDY!!

PS You should join our "Picture Me" competition!!
Majicaleetarina
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:05 am

Hey Dandy and Ol'Gramma, I haven't posted much, but I'm your age too! So don't feel alone! Great games bring good people like Bear and Majic together. I don't have any grands, but I have 10 nieces and nephews and loads of greats.

Welcome to the board.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:11 am

Hi Dandy,

You are NEVER too old for Wonderland. I'm 93 :P :wink:

Well I feel like it some days :roll:
Pauline
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Popo, you really had me going for a second there! "93? WOW! I had no idea! Oh, only feels that way..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:14 pm

ol'gramma wrote:If you go there you will see what we all look like...I am lower right. It was designed for us, with love and adoration, by one of our young whipper snappers named Bear.
I'm the one top right of the picture, waving my stick at Bear! :wink:

Welcome Dandy and Gen, Our youngest member is little jg, he is six.
The oldest I believe, is in his seventies! :shock:

This is a grand community, so many different characters.

Please join the Picture Me competition, the more the merrier. :D

Ol' Gramma is everyone's favourite granny here, personally speaking,
I think she's really a modern day hippie! :wink:
Can't somehow imagine her in a rocking chair with her knitting! :roll:
All will be revealed in a couple of weeks, can't wait! :o

M.A.D. :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Welcome dandy (gen too)! :D

I'm not exactly young either. I started late having children, that's why they're only in their teens. I don't mind telling you that I was surprised at the age of most of the Wonderlanders I've met on these boards. I thought I was an abberation or something because I like computer and video games at my age. It's so nice to find a whole community of others like me. :lol: :wink: There are alot of different ages here though. That's one of the great things about our little community. Glad to have you! :D :D :D
SharonM
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:55 pm

SharonM wrote:I don't mind telling you that I was surprised at the age of most of the Wonderlanders I've met on these boards. I thought I was an abberation or something because I like computer and video games at my age.
It's not as surprising as you think, Sharon, and certainly not to us who work in the industry. You are certainly not an abberation and you 'older' boys and girls here at Wonderland are by no means alone.

Bit of info for you all: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3287891.stm

This was back in December and let me tell you guys, since then it's increased even more.

On a personal note, I prefer a more mature gaming forum. We are all adult enough to take most things, (little disagreements, criticism, etc...), on the chin, and then forget about it and move on. On a lot of other boards I visit, frequented by the 'younger' gaming generation, things are not quite so friendly.

~Bear

btw. I'm very happy to be a Wonderlander (mainly because with all you 'old ladies' around I'll never be short of a babysitter) :wink:
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:09 pm

Very interesting article, Bearsland. One thing that it alluded to, but did not come out and say is playing puzzle-solving games tends to keep the mind active. You are not just sitting there with your mind in neutral. I think that helps keep one alert and active. Thanks for the link!
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:20 pm

I know what you mean about things being a bit less friendly on some forums, Bear. I belong to several gaming forums, and one very huge forum is quite friendly and supportive (it's a forum for people who are designing game levels using a rather difficult software program, and I'm frequently amazed at how far out of their way people will go to help with obscure problems) but on other forums, wow, the slamming is amazing. Someone might ask for help, and if another member tries to give them advice that person might come back and call them an idiot! I love how this forum is such a nice place, very appropriate for Wonderland.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:23 pm

Thanks for the article OB! :) I found it interesting. I don't, however, agree with the experts. I don't think it's isolating or mind numbing. I think it does keep you young. I know when I was substitute teaching, my students were totally amazed that I knew about the games they were playing and, in most cases, was able to advise them on certain parts of game play or able to recommend a game for them to try. :lol: The fact that I can understand and converse with kids on a lot of their interests is something that I value. :) I also totally love puzzles and RPG's. Before the advent of the computer, it was much harder to satisfy those loves. I was an enthusiastic D&D player when it first came out in the 70's, but had trouble finding others with the same interest. Now it's much easier! :D And this forum is wonderful. I don't typically get involved in forums. I just join them while I'm playing a particular game and look for advice, give advice, etc. and then finish with them when I finish the game. Typically, I am usually one of the oldest there and sometimes, the only older woman there. That's what I meant about thinking I was an aberration! :lol: It's nice to find a place to belong! :D
SharonM
dandy

Post by dandy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:00 pm

Hi everyone I'm so glad I mentioned the age thing. I really thought I was the only older person to play this game. But so many of you have "come out" so I don't feel so silly.
thanks . :D
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:53 pm

SharonM wrote: I don't, however, agree with the experts. I don't think it's isolating or mind numbing. I think it does keep you young.
I totally agree with you Sharon; I don't think the 'experts' are right about this either.

~Bear