Back Home.

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Back Home.

Post by janetgalle » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:42 pm

Hi to all Wonderlanders. In case you did not notice (I hope you missed me) I have been gone for a week.

I was completely blindsided by the unexpected death of my Mother. So we packed up and traveled to Arizona. All my family was there, we had beautiful weather, beautiful services, and recalled her wonderful life.

I am glad to be home, and truely did miss this Forum. I am looking forward to participating in the Picture Me? game coming up. littlejg had his :!: notebook along and has many great new levels to build for kids.

Many thanks to M.A.D. for her support.

jg
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:59 pm

Oh, Janet, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I think probably none of us ever get so mature that we don't need our mothers, and to lose your mom unexpectedly must be very hard. Please accept my condolences. I'm glad you're back with the (Wonderland) family now. I was just working on my description of you for the Picture Me contest when I saw this latest post from you, so I had been trying to conjure up a mental image of you. Now I understand why I was perceiving some sadness. Lots of hugs on the way. :(
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:26 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dianna wrote:Oh, Janet, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I think probably none of us ever get so mature that we don't need our mothers, and to lose your mom unexpectedly must be very hard. Please accept my condolences.
Not really much more to add to that. I doubt I could have put it much better. My condolences to you and yours.

Hope all is well with you Janet. Welcome Home!!!!

~Bear
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:42 pm

Same here jg. Yes, I did wonder where you were. And yes, you were missed. I hope all else is well with you and yours and wish I was there to give you a hug. I am so sorry for your loss.
Welcome back.
SharonM
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:28 am

Loosing a Mom is the hardest part of life.
I am so sorry.
Since it was sudden, it must be a terrible shock.
You have all the wonderful memories of her to sustain you thru your sorrow.

ol' gramma
Carolyn
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:59 am

I wish you the best and are glad you are back.

Jen
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:48 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum, I lost my mum 4 years ago and I still get tears in my eyes when I think about her. Although you do expect your parents to go before you it still comes as a complete shock when it happens.

Just keep thinking about the good times.
Pauline
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:29 pm

Hi Janet,

Glad to see you are coping so well.

Incidentally, no thanks are necessary.... after all, we are your Wonderland family and are here to help you through this sad time.

In the past five years, we have lost 12 of our family, the youngest being 9 years old.

Just do what you are doing now and you will get by. :)

Take care

Maureen.
domino

Post by domino » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:20 pm

I feel as though I know you a bit after reading your posts and playing some of your clever levels, so I wanted to say how sorry I am about your Mother.
Be especially kind to yourself in the weeks to follow.
Support of your family and friends is very important so give and get lots of hugs. :)
I'm sending some kind thoughts along with these words to you and your family.

Take care,
Domino
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:09 pm

domino wrote: give and get lots of hugs.
I consider me hugged :)

Thank you all for your kind words, kind thoughts, kind hearts.

jg
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:24 pm

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, Janet, but I just read this.

I also lost my mother unexpectedly several years ago. She was only 69 and in good health. They did an autopsy since no one knew why she just "died in her sleep" - the results were: "Unknown Causes"!!!! I was shocked to learn they could put that down as a cause of death. Anyway, it was very hard for me to believe, much less accept! I've always felt like I was cheated I guess, because I wasn't really "done with her" yet!! I had more to learn from her, more conversations, more laughs, etc. But one nice thing started happening - I started dreaming about her. At first she was in most of my dreams, now I dream about her about once a week. I love it, because I always wake up feeling like I saw my mother and spent time with her, even if it WAS a dream! This has made it a little easier -- but ol'gramma is right when she said that losing your mother is one of the hardest things to go through (or something to that effect). So here's a big hug from me, too!!
Majicaleetarina