WSW - 'wrong' solutions?

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

WSW - 'wrong' solutions?

Post by chrise » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:53 pm

Hello, I have been playing WSW, and I've so far got all gold stars from Stinky's Cove to Fire Island so far; currently on 12 gold stars and 3 rainbow stars with lava outlet uncompleted and volcano gate not unlocked.

However, there have been a couple of levels so far which my solution of, while working, and collecting all bonus coins, seems to have been completely 'wrong'. Could anyone tell me how you are supposed to do these levels?

[Warning: Spoilers!!!]

Foggy Mountains / Base Camp:

I use Stinky with the boulders to kill Kaboom!s, then I collect the bonus coin by the Coily and block the coily in with a wooden box. Then I use Stinky to put 1 wooden box into the corner of the water opposite the message+key in Loof's area, and the same in Qookie's. Imagine my surprise as I switch to each of them, complete the bridge out with the wooden box from their own area, and find the message under the key obviously intended for Stinky - I have not managed to find a way of solving the level which involves Stinky being the first to see either text.

But there is another surprise waiting for me... I switch to Peegue, and see a text saying that he needs help. However, as long as I have collected all the keys in the lower area beforehand, Peegue is able to complete the top area on his own, and get to the gold star without ever meeting the others! :shock: I cannot see how to get any of the others into his area at all...

Fire Island / The Volcano:

Here, I am left with 3 completely unused steel boxes, and 1 unused wooden box, at the end... also, I notice that there is some floor hidden in the volcano which could perhaps be used to get the bonus coins without using the secret passage, if there was another steel box? I push the boulder off the conveyor button and step off myself. Once there is a boulder on the red button, I step on the conveyor button, and off again once the boulder on the conveyor has entered the lefthand side. Then I go and wait by the blue gate. As soon as a boulder is stationary on the blue button, I hold down the left arrow key, going through the teleporter and stopping with a steel box on the conveyor button. This is in plenty of time to stop the boulder on the conveyor knocking one off a button. I am now able to retrieve the 3 other steel boxes by pushing into the teleporter, walking in through the blue and red gates, and pushing out of the lefthand side of the teleporter. Now I release the conveyor button, destroy one boulder from a gate button, step back on the conveyor button and repeat for the other gate button. I then leave a box on the conveyor button, and take another to the top-left of the level, avoiding the remaining boulder. I collect the key and bonus coins, press the other conveyor button at the right time to dump the boulder into the lava, and then bring the steel box down and leave it on that button. I can then put a steel box on the pink button, use 1 wooden box to enter the island, destroy the Chomper and Kaboom!s on the electric floor, collect the remaining bonus coins via the secret passage, and then use two more steel boxes to reach the exit. Is there a solution that uses all the boxes (apart from pointlessly pushing them all into lava/water :twisted:)?
amy25
Rainbow Star

Re: WSW - 'wrong' solutions?

Post by amy25 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:57 pm

chrise wrote:Hello, I have been playing WSW, and I've so far got all gold stars from Stinky's Cove to Fire Island so far; currently on 12 gold stars and 3 rainbow stars with lava outlet uncompleted and volcano gate not unlocked.

However, there have been a couple of levels so far which my solution of, while working, and collecting all bonus coins, seems to have been completely 'wrong'. Could anyone tell me how you are supposed to do these levels?

[Warning: Spoilers!!!]

Foggy Mountains / Base Camp:

I use Stinky with the boulders to kill Kaboom!s, then I collect the bonus coin by the Coily and block the coily in with a wooden box. Then I use Stinky to put 1 wooden box into the corner of the water opposite the message+key in Loof's area, and the same in Qookie's. Imagine my surprise as I switch to each of them, complete the bridge out with the wooden box from their own area, and find the message under the key obviously intended for Stinky - I have not managed to find a way of solving the level which involves Stinky being the first to see either text.

But there is another surprise waiting for me... I switch to Peegue, and see a text saying that he needs help. However, as long as I have collected all the keys in the lower area beforehand, Peegue is able to complete the top area on his own, and get to the gold star without ever meeting the others! :shock: I cannot see how to get any of the others into his area at all...

You should use only 1 boulder to kill as many kabooms as you can. The other boulders are needed to build bridges to allow Loof and Qookie to help Peegue get all the bonus coins. The boxes are also for the bridges. I always left the coin in front of the coily last so that before Stinky exited, he could get that coin. If you time it just right at the beginning, you should be able to kill 2 kabooms when you roll the boulder down. Then you have to time it with the other kaboom left on the right bottom side to get to the boulder and roll it to the left to see how many you can get on that side. At times I can get all but one kaboom killed and others I can have 3 still alive. It just takes times. This is without having the game installed on my laptop so I cannot help on the other level you have listed. Let me know if you need more help on this level.
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Hmm...

Post by chrise » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:05 pm

This is interesting... so you're supposed to need the others up at the top to help Peegue collect bonus coins?? I got them as follows, with just Peegue:

Go left, pushing two boulders into water. Next push the boulder on the lefthand side of the flowers upwards, then push the line of three boulders into the water on the right. Push the boulder on the righthand side of the flowers up and left into the water. Now, on each side, push the boulder to the centre. Once all keys are collected and the gates are down, you can push it up and then into the water on the other side, completing the path to the last bonus coins.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Re: WSW - 'wrong' solutions?

Post by popo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:06 pm

chrise wrote:Hello, I have been playing WSW, and I've so far got all gold stars from Stinky's Cove to Fire Island so far; currently on 12 gold stars and 3 rainbow stars with lava outlet uncompleted and volcano gate not unlocked.

I don't think it matters how you did it as long as you did it. There must be more than one way to do most of the levels, and at least you have the knowledge that you did it without using the solutions. Well done you. :D
Pauline
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Interested

Post by chrise » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:16 pm

Yes, I know it doesn't really matter... it's just, I appeared to be going completely against the intentions of the level. Firstly, it is possible that the level can be solved faster by means of the 'intended' solution, and secondly, there is just curiosity as to how to solve the level 'properly'. Also, after RTW, and Patrick's hints at something secret, any seemingly unnecessary things in a level make me suspect hidden areas.

I think those bonus coins are probably meant to be inaccessible without the help of the others, and that the level designer just slipped up slightly in allowing Peegue to push those extra boulders once the exit gates come down.

As for the second level, I am still interested to know what the other boxes are for... is there something secret hidden in the volcano?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:04 pm

I don't know if you know but most of the levels in Secret Worlds were made by the people on this forum. Hence some of them might have several ways to complete them. Although attempts were made to try and make sure levels had to be completed in a certain way, it's hard not to overlook certain things.

If the level is on the solutions page of the website then that is the intended way to do it. The secrets just applied to the levels that you had to find to get the rainbow stars.

:D :D
Pauline
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Post by chrise » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:31 pm

I did not know that... thanks to everyone for making such fun levels. Do you mean that the rainbow star levels have hidden messages in them, or is just finding them the secret thing?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:00 pm

The rainbow levels were the secrets, as they aren't shown on the map. :D
Pauline