Game Elements 7: Wonderland Textures - 5 new texture files

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Game Elements 7: Wonderland Textures - 5 new texture files

Post by Robbie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:49 pm

Whats new?

May 26, 2005
* Added 5 new 256x256 textures files for Ice, Water, Lava & the 2 Conveyor Belt Surfaces

Not something you can just throw into a level... thought it might be handy for those modeling or trying out the custom stuff to have a set of textures direct from the Wonderland game.

Following are 4 zip files containing Wonderland Textures for use in Wonderland projects.

There are 4 different resolutions
- 32 x 32
- 64 x 64
- 96 x 96 &
- 256 x 256

Each Package contains textures for each of the 9 styles
Aztec, Castle, Cave, Garden, Jade, Purple, Sand, Spooky & Wood

and each includes the
- 4 floor tiles
- wall tile top
- wall tile side
- wall tile side (fake wall) - note only 6 for Jade as there is no alternative fake wall texture.

Also Wood & Steel Box Textures for Top & Side.

69 in total per package.

The 3 lower resolution packs are mainly for the Screens v2 model for the floor markers. Note that not all textures may be appropriate at these lower resolutions. I haven't gone through and tested each one.

You may wish to just download the 256x256 package & resize down as needed.
In Paintshop Pro - click on Image>Resize - click on Resize all Layers, Click off Maintain Aspect Ratio & manually enter the pixel size you want.

For anyone wishing to have higher resolution images I also have a set of the same textures in resolutions ranging from (400+ x 400) to (600+ x 600). This set weighs in at about 5.7meg so I'd have to em this to you in a couple of parts.

Have not included other things like lava, ice etc - will add an additional set for these later.

Robbie :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Robbie on Fri May 27, 2005 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:50 pm

uploading the rest now...

...done. Had to break up the 256x256 set as it was over the 800k limit.

Robbie 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:26 pm

OMG Robbie, you have been busy. :shock:

The textures look tremendous, and so organised. 8) :D :D

I think I'll just download the 256 ones for now.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but I noticed it when fake walls were being made for Secret Worlds, the Spooky walls have a light and dark side to them. Righthand facing walls are dark (like the forward facing ones) and lefthand facing walls are light. I thought it was just a lighting effect at first, but they are actually lighter.

BTW what happened to Game Elements 1, 2, 3 and 4? :?
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks Robbie, these are terrific! Every time I try to make one it is lopsided or the wrong scale. Thanks for taking the time.

BTW....any updates on your expected child?
He/she is due soon, correct?

jg
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:18 am

Glad you girls liked them! I was wanting to get onto a few more of the arches (and a couple more screens) but I really needed to get a set of textures out to use on the models so I thought I better get stuck into it - about 3-4 hours all up but well worth it.

As for GE1-4
#1-3 were some little ideas back over here http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117
(#3 was an idea by LinkyNStoof)

#4 was my thesis on the workings of Multiple Teleporters in Wonderland found here http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144

Interesting that bit on the Spooky walls. Unfortunately capturing it would prove a little difficult seeing as we can't turn around. For all these Janet I zoomed in on the faces with the Alt-X and nudged the view 'til the sides were dead straight. Took a capture using HyperSnap & modified them as mentioned above.

#3 is going well thanks. Already turned around & ready for a (hopefully) quick exit. Tokasa's still due about the 21st of next month so roughly 5 weeks :shock: :shock: :shock: . I should really be getting more sleep now... Doctor said he's really happy but that it should be bigger than our first 2 (they weighed in somewhere between 8-9lbs) - news my wife wasn't too excited to hear.

Will keep you all posted as the time draweth near. :wink:

Robbie :D

Keep up the good work with your levels Janet!
Pauline, what are you up to??? I know you're up to something... 8)
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:37 am

popo wrote:I don't know if you've noticed this, but I noticed it when fake walls were being made for Secret Worlds, the Spooky walls have a light and dark side to them. Righthand facing walls are dark (like the forward facing ones) and lefthand facing walls are light. I thought it was just a lighting effect at first, but they are actually lighter.
Yup! Leandemon made the invisible wall models for me for Creepy Keep - we discovered it at that time & he had to make different models for each side! I think the Spooky theme is the only one like that, but I'm not sure.
Majicaleetarina
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:40 am

Robbie wrote:Pauline, what are you up to??? I know you're up to something...
I'm not up to anything right now Robbie, I'm taking a sebatical. :wink: :lol: :lol:
majic1 wrote:Yup! Leandemon made the invisible wall models for me for Creepy Keep - we discovered it at that time & he had to make different models for each side! I think the Spooky theme is the only one like that, but I'm not sure.
How did he get the side on view to capture the screenshots? Or did he lighten them himself?

The textures are in the Secret Worlds directory Robbie if you want to have a look.
Pauline
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:35 pm

popo wrote: How did he get the side on view to capture the screenshots? Or did he lighten them himself?
As he isn't generally active on the forum, I'll email him - see if he can shed some "light" on this subject. :lol:
Majicaleetarina
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Fri May 27, 2005 6:15 am

A few new textures I've been meaning to post - just surface ones - lava, water, ice & 2 conveyor belts.

Robbie :D[/img]