WA - Editor Tools - Source Code Available!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

WA - Editor Tools - Source Code Available!

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Hey all,

This is the first part of of what will likely be an ongoing project. The WA Editor Tools 1.0 will convert all of cbloopy's WOPs as well as the Tentacle, UFO, Zbot, Scouge, and MagicMirror. Right now it will only do one file at a time, but soon will have multi-level support, as well as other tools to make hub creation easier.

Below is a link to download the zip file containing the program, updated WOP's and an installer for the .NET Framework 4.0 (necessary to run the program). If you've already downloaded the Tentacle, Zbot, Scouge, UFO, and Magic Mirror WOP' s from one of my previous posts, please replace them with the new versions contained in the zip file. The new versions have also added the TextureName modifier as well as a few other adjustments. Follow the directions in the readme.txt file to begin using the program.

UPDATED 2/19/11:

Version 1.2 is ready! This version has the following features:

1. A level converter to make use of Mysteries of Fire Islands (MOFI) objects or custom models not supported in the WA Editor. It can also reverse convert MOFI objects back to WA Editor format
2. An adventure converter, which converts multiple levels at once
3. A master.dat file editor to enter win and lose coordinates for hub adventures, and select MOFI win adventure conditions
4. A custom music selector with an expandable library
5. A hub maker, which automates converting individual adventures into hub format
6. Custom objects to automate selecting custom music and MOFI win conditions

To install, click the download link below and:

• Unzip contents of the folder and place the “WA Editor Tools” folder where you like. "C:\WA Editor v0.96" is recommended.
• The “WA Editor Tools.exe”, “Converter Data.txt” and “Default Settings.txt” files should all be in the same folder.
• Install .NET Framework 4.0 on your computer if not already installed. The Web-based .NET installer is included in the zip folder.
• Place the new WOP(Conversion) files into the "\Object Presets\MOFI(Conversion)" folder, or some other folder within the "\Object Presets\" directory
• Place the WOP(glyphs) files into the desired "\Object Presets\" directory
• Place the “WA-ET Objects” WOPs into the “\Object Presets\” directory
• Editor Tools is now ready to run.

This version also fixes a number formatting bug when using a computer set to non-English languages, and a bug using flipbridges. If you've already downloaded previous versions of this program, replace ALL the files associated with the program, not just the .exe, since the format of the .txt files have changed. Read the pdf instruction file before using, so you understand how the new features work.

EDIT 2/20/11: Fixed a bug in processing the FlipBridge. Fixed an incompatibility issue with Windows XP users. Follow the link below for the updated file.

EDIT 9/7/2013: I'm discontinuing support for this program due to not enough hours in the day and my busy life. But the source code is available for download on page 5 of this thread. Enjoy!
Last edited by jafo1015 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Guppy Star
Rainbow Master

Post by Guppy Star » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 am

I'll just have to trial and error master the program

But you could have edited the topic of your previous title and said "NEW WAE - MOFI convertor v1 released" Right?
HAPPY TO HELP!!!

My HubProject:Go
My Adventures:Go
Guppy Star
Rainbow Master

Post by Guppy Star » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 am

Is it necessary to place WOP's in MOFI conversion?
HAPPY TO HELP!!!

My HubProject:Go
My Adventures:Go
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 am

Guppy Star wrote:Is it necessary to place WOP's in MOFI conversion?
You can place them in any "Object Presets" folder you like. I just put them in the MOFI(conversion) folder to keep all the objects that need converting together. But you do need the updated WOPs for the program to convert them.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:29 pm

It doesn't work. It was saying "cannot find Converter Data.txt in *advenure I was trying to convert folder*", so I put it there, and now it says something about wrong entire coding.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Pawelec wrote:It doesn't work. It was saying "cannot find Converter Data.txt in *advenure I was trying to convert folder*", so I put it there, and now it says something about wrong entire coding.
Sorry to hear about the trouble. Did you install the .NET Framework 4.0 on your computer? The program won't run without it.

The program needs the "Converter Data.txt" and "Default Settings.txt" to be in the same folder as the Editor Tools Program.

I've installed the program on other machines without any trouble, so I can't think of any other reasons why it wouldn't work. Take a look at the readme file and make sure your computer has the minimum requirements. Hope this clears up the trouble.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:06 am

Does it support 32-bit XP?
I have all requirements better than minimum exept 64-bit or 86-bit architecture.
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Windows XP with Service Pack 3 should be fine. x86 refers to the 32 bit architecture, so your system should be fine. I've tested it out on both Vista and Win 7, but I no longer have a working XP machine to test it out on that OS. But, as long as the .NET framework installs, it should run.

Is anyone else having problems with it?

I'll be releasing an updated version today or tomorrow with multi-level conversion. So you could wait and see if that one works for you.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 pm

I can't Install .NET Framework 4.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:08 pm

I guess you would need to install that Windows Imaging Component (WIC). It looks like you have an XP machine, make sure it's SP3. Microsoft stuff can really be a pain sometimes. :x

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:40 pm

I extracted the zip and ran program. I tried to convert one .wlv and get this. I DIDN'T MOVE ANY FILES!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Hmmm. It appears your system is changing the "working" directory to the directory of the file you are trying to convert. Not sure why it's doing that, but I will add something to the code to fix it.

Did anyone else have this error?

EDIT: @Pawelec try the updated .exe file below and see if this fixes the problem. Just put this .exe in the same folder as the old one.

ATTACHMENT DELETED: DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION IN FIRST POST INSTEAD
Last edited by jafo1015 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:47 pm

I wrote:It doesn't work. It was saying "cannot find Converter Data.txt in *advenure I was trying to convert folder*", so I put it there, and now it says something about wrong entire coding.
I forgot to say that I'm using polish wersion of XP SP3 and .NET Framework. But your .txt files are in UTF, which also supports polish. I don't think that it has any affect to the work of program. File names aren't using polish characters, so that's not a problem.

Now it shows only the second error - about wrong entire coding. First issue was fixed. I REALLY WANT TO USE YOUR PROGRAM.

Thanks for help - you're amazing!

EDIT: I just realised that it looks for "Conversion Data.txt", but in folder is "Converter Data.txt".

Another EDIT: I copied and renamed. Now I have both files in program location, but it didn't fix the issue.
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:01 pm

The correct name of the file is "Converter Data.txt" That error message had a typing mistake (which I have now fixed). But what exactly is the error message you have now? If it is in Polish, is there an error number to go with it that I can look up? Or can you translate it for me? I'd really like to solve this problem since there are people from many countries on this forum.

EDIT: Or, is that screen shot you attached the error you speak of? If so, I think I understand the problem. It does not seem to be reading the Conveter Data file correctly. This may be due to foreign encoding issues when the program reads the file Converter Data file. There are a couple of ways to fix this, but let me know exactly what error message you get.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm

It says:
"The Conversion Data.txt could not be read:
Wrong entire coding format.
Check the file for errors"
And then the program stops working.
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks. I think the problem is with the character I'm using to separate the data in that file. Here are a couple of modifications. Try ver 1.1.2 first, if that doesn't work, then try ver 1.1.3 with the new Converter Data.txt file.

ATTACHMENTS DELETED: DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION FROM THE FIRST POST
Last edited by jafo1015 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

BTW Pawelec, thanks for your help and patience with the debugging. You get a gold star! :D

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm very sad 'cause it's still not working... :cry:
*Thinking*
He is making program for me only and thanks for it. Strange. I like this guy.
EDIT: I MADE IT WORK!!! IN POLAND WE SEPARATE DECIMAL FRACTIONS BY COMAS, NOT BY DOTS!

BTW, sorry to say that, but even 1.1.0 is works now. I'm sorry that your work wasn't necessary at all, BUT I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTRESTING!!!
by Giuseppe Verdi
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Um Exuse me, BUt i Have A Problem with this.
I Seccessfully convert levels i want to use with this.
Problem is, (If its a problem)
Will this be compatable with the old user "Cbloopy"'s MOFI Level Converter objects?
If so Is it compatable with being in the MOFI hub?
Because i tried to test out MOFI NON CONVERTER objects, With the level converter ones and yours, i put the level (Converted only with yours)
as the hub and deleted the other hub data (.wlvs/Levels .dia/Dialogs.etc)
But it MAVS when i click start.
Is this a error? or is it just not compatable?
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 pm

@ Pawelec

LOL!!!! :lol:

I'm so glad it works for you now! Don't feel bad, my modifications didn't take that long to do. I'll include 2 versions of that file since I know other countries use a comma instead of a dot as well. Or perhaps there's something I can code to "force" the program to use English format.

Anyway, have fun making adventures!

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Didn't I make too much panic?
I would check the number format earlier.
Anyway, I made crazy level with tentacles.
NOW WE HAVE ALL MOFI IN THE EDITOR...

...maybe. I just realised that MOFI supports more types of hats for stinkers. We can't get them using normal .WOP. They should look great in my marine adventures!
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 pm

tails the fox wrote:Um Exuse me, BUt i Have A Problem with this.
Will this be compatable with the old user "Cbloopy"'s MOFI Level Converter objects?
Yes, this program IS compatible with cbloopy's MOFI(conversion) objects.
tails the fox wrote:If so Is it compatable with being in the MOFI hub?
Because i tried to test out MOFI NON CONVERTER objects, With the level converter ones and yours, i put the level (Converted only with yours)
The level files it makes should also be usable in a hub. I'm not sure why it would MAV. The hub adventure would still require a 1.wlv to be the "starting level" where the player starts at the same x and y coordinates every time (i forget what those coordinates are right now.)

I'll test it out and see.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh nevermind
He replied.
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm

jafo1015 wrote:
tails the fox wrote:Um Exuse me, BUt i Have A Problem with this.
Yes, this program IS compatible with cbloopy's MOFI(conversion) objects.
tails the fox wrote:If so Is it compatable with being in the MOFI hub?
The level files it makes should also be usable in a hub. I'm not sure why it would MAV. The hub adventure would still require a 1.wlv to be the "starting level" where the player starts at the same x and y coordinates every time (i forget what those coordinates are right now.)

I'll test it out and see.
Thanks,
I really want to use these objects.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm

@ Tails the Fox

The converted folder worked fine for me as a hub. Remember that level 1 must start at coordinates 37,8. Also, I don't have Zbots and UFO's figured out all the way. They will sometimes MAV if they are trapped behind a wall. See this thread http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21963 for more details on UFOs and Zbots.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:56 pm

That might have been the problem,
Because i had all possible enemies caged.
Z-boots and UFO included.
Qwerty20000
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Qwerty20000 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:57 am

After I convert using yours and then if I use cbloopy's it doesn't work!
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Qwerty20000 wrote:After I convert using yours and then if I use cbloopy's it doesn't work!
Does it MAV the MOFI player or do the objects not convert? Also, if you could you attach the .wlv file you are having trouble with (before converting) it will help me troubleshoot the problem. And, do you mean cbloopy's converter program or his WOPs?

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm

jafo1015 is like a god. :lol:
:D
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 am

Hey Jafo,
Is there anyway possible i can stop living in Fear of MAVs when adding
RETRO:
Z-Bots
And
UFOs?
Is there a way to add them with walls included? just they arnt caged?