26th Adventure: Amnesia

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

26th Adventure: Amnesia

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, people. It's finally here. The biggest adventure ever released (at over nine megabytes). Hours of gameplay. One of the best horror games of all time... in Wonderland!!!

EDIT: Custom icons not working? Check out THIS TOPIC.

CAN I PLAY IT?
Although this is Wonderland, Amnesia IS a horror game. I recommend being over 12 years old, or 10 years old if you're tough.

WHY SHOULD I PLAY IT?
Because it has a fantastic storyline, lots of scares, and lots of exploration!

WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY IT?
The adventure, some custom textures, some level textures, my music pack V3, and some custom icons.

ANYTHING ELSE?
Nope. Just make sure you review and report any bugs! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:46 pm

For some reason, it keeps downloading the custom texture folder instead of the CUSTOM folder. Can you rename one of them?
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 pm

I want to do this, but I get scared easily. I'm just going to suck it up and do it.

shudders

btw I'm 13
no
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Should Llarson wimp out ? LET'S WATCH.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Sammy_P wrote:For some reason, it keeps downloading the custom texture folder instead of the CUSTOM folder. Can you rename one of them?
Done. :)
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I've gotten the brown key, I've got to say that this adventure is remarkably well done, I enjoy your adventures like Maze and this. :P

EDIT: The footsteps are a nice touch, are you doing that with an NPC ?
Last edited by llarson on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 pm

I took a look at the textures before I started, and OH MY the mangled monsters look horrifying
no
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:34 pm

THE TEXTURES DON'T EXIST! The level textures, that is.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 pm

update post
I wimped out one minute in. :oops:

okay, i got scared to death by that thwart

AHHHH!!!! MANGLED CHOMPER!
Last edited by boh123321 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:THE TEXTURES DON'T EXIST! The level textures, that is.
yeah...
no
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 am

texture time 404
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
flameterror91
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by flameterror91 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 am

Whelp. If I can beat the real game 3 times as an 11-12 year old, then I can beat this as a 13 year old...

11:00 at night
Door closed
Headphones
Alone
Dark
:twisted:
Heeeeeey
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:14 pm

After a few complaints about lack of lamp oil, I decided to add a few more. If you're having trouble keeping your lamp alight, please download the new version. This version has extra oil barrels in the Archives, Refinery, Sewer, and Laboratory in the final hub.

P.S. And please, please review. I would really love some feedback.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:54 am

It's like a normal adventure, but instead of puzzles, you encounter things occasionally. To be honest, the horror isn't ever really that scary, and it's pretty much the only thing the adventure was trying to accomplish, so... yeah.

Sorry about harsh.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 am

Nobody wrote:It's like a normal adventure, but instead of puzzles, you encounter things occasionally. To be honest, the horror isn't ever really that scary, and it's pretty much the only thing the adventure was trying to accomplish, so... yeah.

Sorry about harsh.
:(

Thanks for the feedback, at least. I guess scary adventures aren't really my thing.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 am

Hi, played for about 10 minutes. So far so good.

I got stuck in the place where the castle is (where you go into that wooden libraryish place.
There's no way in the caste, the underground place leads to a dead end, so yeah, I'm stuck.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 am

md wrote:Hi, played for about 10 minutes. So far so good.

I got stuck in the place where the castle is (where you go into that wooden libraryish place.
There's no way in the caste, the underground place leads to a dead end, so yeah, I'm stuck.
Search the bookshelves. :wink:
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
md wrote:Hi, played for about 10 minutes. So far so good.

Search the bookshelves. :wink:
Clever... I'll try that later. Thanks! :D
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:34 am

Hi, me again. I'm a bit lost. I just got the Ring of Regia from the Wine Cellar and heated it to create the thing that looks like a Magic Glove.
However, I am unaware of where to go next. I have searched around, but still don't know. Where do I go next?

Oh and by the way, I wasn't stuck in that room with the bookshelves, I just didn't realise you could slit through the rocks.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 am

md wrote:Hi, me again. I'm a bit lost. I just got the Ring of Regia from the Wine Cellar and heated it to create the thing that looks like a Magic Glove.
However, I am unaware of where to go next. I have searched around, but still don't know. Where do I go next?

Oh and by the way, I wasn't stuck in that room with the bookshelves, I just didn't realise you could slit through the rocks.
Whoa, it sounds like the custom icons aren't working. Did you download them into the right place?

There's a void blocking the passageway north of the main hall. If you were using the right icons, you would probably know that you need the heated chemical (the "gloves" in your eyes) to destroy that void.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am

yot yot5 wrote:
md wrote:Hi, me again. I'm a bit lost. I just got the Ring of Regia from the Wine Cellar and heated it to create the thing that looks like a Magic Glove.

Whoa, it sounds like the custom icons aren't working. Did you download them into the right place?

There's a void blocking the passageway north of the main hall. If you were using the right icons, you would probably know that you need the heated chemical (the "gloves" in your eyes) to destroy that void.
Yeah, I read something about that, and that's exactly what I tried to do.
I'll try it again later though. I downloaded the "icons amnesia" into the "Custom Content\Icons" folder in the user data directory.

I opened it with the editor, and the custom icons were working, so I'm not quite sure what was wrong.
I'll just replace the standard icons for now then (unless I have done something wrong in which you can tell me).
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

md wrote:Yeah, I read something about that, and that's exactly what I tried to do.
You'll have to walk right up to the void to make it work.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 am

I figured out the icon problem. For some reason, the game isn't recognizing the custom icons in the folder. Instead, it is taking the icons from the "Graphics" folder in "Data".
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 am

md wrote:I figured out the icon problem. For some reason, the game isn't recognizing the custom icons in the folder. Instead, it is taking the icons from the "Graphics" folder in "Data".
It might be because you added the icons after starting the adventure.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 am

yot yot5 wrote:
md wrote:I figured out the icon problem. For some reason, the game isn't recognizing the custom icons in the folder. Instead, it is taking the icons from the "Graphics" folder in "Data".
It might be because you added the icons after starting the adventure.
Nope, I thought that too, but I'm pretty sure they were they're when I did it. Thanks anyway! :D
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:24 am

So, what can one say about this adventure? Nobody does have a point; it really isn't that scary - in fact, my greatest fear so far was that my lamp would run out of oil while aimlessly wandering around. However, this is definitely not because of sloppy adventure design; I just don't think shock effects really work that well with top-down view and a constantly grinning protagonist.

Apart from that, the adventure is extremely well designed and very detailed. While the shock effects might not have caused real terror inside me, they always came as a surprise and the NPCs started running just in the right moment. I have never played the original, so I can't say how well the adaption works, but the storyline is quite fascinating so far.

Gameplay-wise, there hasn't been much going on so far, but the action parts I've encountered so far were well done (though I'm more a fan of puzzles, which I guess I won't encounter too many in this adventure).

Still all in all, I think you've done great work here! I am truly impressed. I'll keep on playing this from time to time and maybe someday give a thorough review, but for now, this preliminary review should suffice. (custom icons don't work for me either, by the way - well, one of them did, but the others not).
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:34 pm

I got spooked out by the doors opening automatically and I jumped when the fire exploded in one part. :oops:
I got locked in the room where you squeeze through the rocks. Solution?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:36 pm

dig 222 wrote:I got spooked out by the doors opening automatically and I jumped when the fire exploded in one part. :oops:
I got locked in the room where you squeeze through the rocks. Solution?
I already told md to search the bookshelves... :wink:
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 pm

So far I'm up to the sewers.
This adventure WAS actually pretty scary at some points. It was very well made, nothing was at all predictable so I had to save every 5 seconds, terrified I would be attacked by a fireball, killed by a void, get chased by a mangled chomper or an invisible one.

I know where you got the custom icons from. :wink:
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm

dig 222 wrote:So far I'm up to the sewers.
This adventure WAS actually pretty scary at some points. It was very well made, nothing was at all predictable so I had to save every 5 seconds, terrified I would be attacked by a fireball, killed by a void, get chased by a mangled chomper or an invisible one.

I know where you got the custom icons from. :wink:
You're about 2/3 done... Thanks for the feedback!

And yes, I got all the custom icons from Runescape. They look pretty good, I think.