POTZ - Floingpowpop - Barren Underground

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

POTZ - Floingpowpop - Barren Underground

Post by popo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Mmmm, rather stuck near the end of this. I've got the bot on the red button, pow'd the chomper so I could get to the blue button, now need to keep the other bot going over the timer buttons more than once because once isn't long enough to get to the white and pink buttons and back again. I presume I have to floing it somehow and floing a pop too, but going back and forth floinging and popping just seems too long winded. I'm sure there must be a simpler way I'm just not seeing. Any hints please?
Pauline
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm

You need to freeze a Pop spell in a Floing bubble so you can get through the gates in time. Then, go through the red gate and Pop the Moobot so it goes over the timers again.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 am

I understand the theory but I can't get it to go right. The bot goes left first across the timers, turns 90 degrees to face upwards when it stops, so popping it should make it go right. I've tried freezing a pop at the left most edge but it only turned 90 degrees so it was facing up when it burst, not right where I want it to be. Am I doing it at the right place or am I just timing it wrong? :?
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:48 am

I've just tried again several different ways and the most I get is the bot facing right but not going anywhere, by which time I'm stuck at the right side with no way back and can't reach the bot which is at the left side. I've even tried sending the bot to the left myself then trying to freeze a pop over it but you can't put a floing on an object ...... hang on, I think I might have an idea ...... :idea:
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:05 am

Yes, that worked. More than one pop in the floing bubble did it. I can't believe I didn't think of it before. :oops: :lol:

Thanks for the help. :D
Pauline
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Sorry, I hadn't seen this before. But I'm wondering: why not so it like this:

When you have the bot facing up: pop the bot once so it's facing left. Then place a pop in a floing and run to wait for the bot to go right. When you need to go back: pop the bot a couple of times.
\Mette
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:28 pm

mette wrote:Sorry, I hadn't seen this before. But I'm wondering: why not so it like this:

When you have the bot facing up: pop the bot once so it's facing left. Then place a pop in a floing and run to wait for the bot to go right. When you need to go back: pop the bot a couple of times.
I did it that way. I just assumed when helping that the bot was facing right.
Alfie63
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Alfie63 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:11 am

AAAAAARGGGG!

This one and the guard station are driving me nutty.
Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:24 am

mette wrote:Sorry, I hadn't seen this before. But I'm wondering: why not so it like this:

If you're talking about when the bot is at the left you can't put a floing there. You can only put a floing on an empty tile and when the bot is at the left you can't reach an empty tile. So I put a floing at the end, then put two pops in it, one to turn the bot right and one to set it going. Then set the bot going left myself and set off through the gates. This time when I wanted to go back the bot was waiting at the right side and I could pop it to go back.

As for additional help for Alfie63, to get the 3 bots in the right place you will need to get to the very leftmost area or you can't pop all the bots. To get rid of the chomper, floing a bubble just in front of the passage it will come down, then get the Pow magic and put a Pow in the floing bubble, then you can open the indigo gate and the chomper will be killed by the Pow when the bubble bursts. From there it's just going back and forth to get a bot on the red button, and the rest is explained above.
Pauline
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

popo wrote:If you're talking about when the bot is at the left you can't put a floing there. You can only put a floing on an empty tile and when the bot is at the left you can't reach an empty tile.
That's the place I'm talking about. But you're both wrong and right. A floing can only be placed on an empty tile, that's true. But the tile doesn't have to be floor. It can also be "in the open air" - for instance diagonally down and left from the bot.
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 am

Was floinging into open air taught in the Floing 101 because I don't remember it? Maybe Floinging onto water yes, but how can you aim it to stop in mid air if there isn't a floor or water tile to aim at? :?
Pauline
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 am

It was taught in one of the earlier Barren levels, where you had to stop transporters in mid-air. To do so, you had to place a Floing bubble in mid-air. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm still wondering how you can do it. When you activate your power, whatever it be, you get an X where your cursor is. I have only noticed it showing up when you're over somewhere you can use the power, which is usually on a solid floor or water. Whenever I've moved it over empty space it disappears. I will have to make sure I take more notice next time and try putting things where I think they shouldn't go. Although how I did it, with two separate Pops in the Floing bubble worked a treat. One turned it round and the other set it off again.

PS. I may well have cheated the level on Barren you're talking about, hence the reason I haven't a clue you can do it. :wink:
Pauline
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Activate Flo and move your cursor over an empty space again... it doesn't disappear!!

With Blink. for example, it will disappear, but not with Flo.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Well I'm glad you told me. That's what you get for not taking notice isn't it. I'm in the process of Floinging back to do the levels I cheated on before so it will probably come in very handy. Thanks Muzo. :D
Pauline
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm

I put two pops in the floing at the end on the left side of the timers then send the bot over. It will turn it to go right but will not send it over. What am I doing wrong? I keep getting trapped!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:42 pm

For some reason, the MooBot won't move if the Pops turn it and move it at the same time. Pop it once so it turns right, then use the Floing bubble trick. :)
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:39 pm

I can get the bot to go left over the timers but after I go thru the gates, I can't reach it to come back to let me out, floing or no floing. What am I doing wrong?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 pm

First, Pop the MooBot so it goes down and then left. It'll press the timers on it's way left, but that won't help you at all. Then set the Floing bubble and shoot the Pop to the MooBot, on it. After it bursts, the MooBot will go all the way to the right. Then after you press the final button, you can Pop it to go back to the left.
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you, I finally figured out the placement of the floing and pop. Took me a bit. Finished the level and got the star. Thank you Wonderland King.
This probably isn't the place to ask, but in that general area ( it's the room you go through to do this level), there is a place where one of the little white guys is in front of a star level and won't let me pass. It's where one of the wizards was in a wooden trap. I have been through the game following the video on you-tube and now going back to do places that wasn't shown. Is it too late to do that one?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Read this topic. Hopefully, it's not what happened to you. (I'm talking about my screenshot on the first page.)

If that is the case, then it's too late. You have to start over. Sorry. :cry: Next time, talk to that Jeeboo before you find the Flow. (Or did you do that already? If that's the case, then I'm baffled.)
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Yes, my screen looks like your screen shot. I don't remember if I talked to him before or not. As I said I was following the you-tube video at that point because I was having trouble figuring things out. He was jumping around a lot, so if he didn't talk to the Jeeboo, then neither did I. I've thought about starting over but I had so much trouble doing several levels, don't know if I want to go thru that again! I won't be able to finish the game anyway because I'm just too slow for several levels. I enjoyed the other Wonderland games, but this one seems beyond me! Thanks for your help.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Hmm... could you please give me a link to the video you watched?
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't remember where I got the link but it was the full version walk through by InMrMenShow on you-tube.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:16 pm

I have an idea that might help you continue in the game and get past the bug, but it might take some time.. Just give me a day or two. :)
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Okay. Thanks.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

tweetyangel wrote:Okay. Thanks.
Or if you want a "quick-fix", you could zip up and PM me your save file. Using some Voodoo Hoodoo I can reposition the NPC for you. :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Is that allowed? I was going to run some tests and then explain how tweetyangel and anyone else having the bug could do it themselves. (Happy 400th post, me! :D )
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Is that allowed? I was going to run some tests and then explain how tweetyangel and anyone else having the bug could do it themselves. (Happy 400th post, me! :D )
It should be allowed. As long I don't reveal the method to him/her.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am

samuelthx wrote:As long I don't reveal the method to him/her.
Not to be rude, but why does it need to be like a secret? After all, it's just about doing things with files that tweetyangel already has on his/her computer. (Although downloading the WA3E would be a must, but that's free to anyone.)