28th Adventure: Pretty Flower's Plot

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

28th Adventure: Pretty Flower's Plot

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:22 pm

You'll need MNIK's Music Pack V5 or higher to hear all the music in this adventure!

===The Terby Trilogy===
Part 1: Pretty Flower's Plot
Part 2: Medical Care
Part 3: Stinkarnus-X

Everyone was releasing adventures, so I went ahead and made one of my own. :D

The last time I uploaded an adventure, the forum was a pretty quiet place. No POTZ, no active WA community members, and no feedback whatsoever. These days, it's a bit different. You now have absolutely no excuse not to review! Remember: adventure builders eat reviews for breakfast, and I've been getting very hungry of late!

Anyway, as you may well have heard, I have recently completely reset my storyline. In this adventure, you've never met Cryonax or Preeta, the Doomstick is safely hidden in the Void, and the Wonderstone is nothing but a crazy legend. That doesn't mean to say that none of these things exist, of course. I just won't be bothering with them. A small Easter Egg-esque thing here and there will be all you'll ever get.

As I'm resetting my current storyline, you may be wondering what this adventure will be about. I thought about this for many hours myself, trying to figure out a plot I won't abandon like my previous one. In the end, I decided to go back to my roots (no pun intended) with a Goutweed Trilogy sort of adventure. My new storylines are going to be slightly ridiculous, but also a bit mysterious. Each storyline will be started and concluded within a small trilogy or quartet, but there won't be an underlying plot between these adventure series. This will make my adventures easier to understand (for new players), but still have the same level of intrigue I enjoyed writing in my previous storyline (and the same level of nonsense I enjoyed writing in the Goutweed Trilogy).

Meh, I only just realized how long this post is. I'll shut up and let you get on with the adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello Yot Yot!
It's been a while since I played anyone elses adventures. Which I feel pretty bad for, as why should I ask for feedback if I don't give any my self?
Since I've been wanting to up my puzzle solving skills, I'm playing this adventure both to hone them and for the epic aha moments. I shall reply back when I finish it!
Edit: A typo? Oh nooooooooooooooo-
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:09 pm

DP, I finished it!
Really nice, Yot Yot! (I am actually surprised I was able to finish it my self due to my low puzzle stamina :shock: )
How did you make My Arm not move, if I may ask? As usually the thwarts will look at you always, yet he didn't. (I am sure you know what I mean when I ask that)
The spiky ball parts were my favorites.
Simply because: Light speed spiky ball xD
And I also liked how the doctor acted. (But why did he act so.. weird?)
The best part for me, though. (Aside from my favorites) Was the cannon part. I absolutely loved that.
Really epic adventure, Yot Yot. Looking forward to the next one! :D
Rawr.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:35 am

When I got this adventure, I thought it read "Pretty Flower's Pot". :lol:
This was an amazing Adventure!
It had so much action in it, though. It drove me insane! Thanks! :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 am

Good adventure here. The puzzles were really ingenious, especially the Spikeyball and Teleporter mazes. The action was a bit less inspired, but there was still a lot of really well designed action, and none of it wasn't fun, which is what's really important.

One thing though: Was there supposed to be a white key leftover after I solved the transporter puzzle? I thought I was supposed to use it to forcibly break into Dr. Terby's room, but that turned out to not be the case and I ended up never using it.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 am

Nobody wrote:Good adventure here. The puzzles were really ingenious, especially the Spikeyball and Teleporter mazes. The action was a bit less inspired, but there was still a lot of really well designed action, and none of it wasn't fun, which is what's really important.

One thing though: Was there supposed to be a white key leftover after I solved the transporter puzzle? I thought I was supposed to use it to forcibly break into Dr. Terby's room, but that turned out to not be the case and I ended up never using it.
When I found the key (I love being the first player!) I was confused too
It's hard to notice that if you look at the fence on the transporter side, theres a white gate. I think it's a shortcut, yet optional. With all of the white it's hard to notice it.
Rawr.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: 28th Adventure: Pretty Flower's Plot

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:14 am

yot yot5 wrote:Remember: adventure builders eat reviews for breakfast, and I've been getting very hungry of late!
Yes, reviews are yummy. Except when they have unsaturated fats, which are bad for everyone. So I'll be putting much more emphasis on the good things. :D Also, no grades. Grades are stupid. This isn't school, you silly billies!

Puzzles: The puzzles were pretty challenging, which I always like. The hardest part of any puzzle should be figuring out what you're supposed do, and this adventure satisfies that condition pretty well. The puzzles were also fairly original, which is always a good thing. This was also the first adventure in a long time that forced me to draw out a diagram in order to solve a puzzle (in this case, the teleporter maze). Keep it up with the good puzzles! :)

Action: The action segments were quite fun! There was nothing absurdly hard and nothing was too easy either, so it was just right. My only complaint here is the section where you were hidden behind tall walls and had to stay between two Spikeyballs. I kept running into the Spikeyballs by accident and it ended up being a situation of trial and error. But otherwise, great work here. Considering WA1E's limitations, there was a lot of variety in the action segments. :D

Scenery: As many of you know, I usually don't focus much on scenery in my own adventures, so I don't really care much if a place looks ugly. :lol: Of course, scenery is a department which yot yot accels at, so the adventure looked very nice, particularly the inside of the burning house. :)

Other: Backtracking through one of the LevelExits places you inside of a wall and kills you. I like being killed, though, so it's all good. I'm, uh, totally not weird.

Overall: Very nice adventure! Keep up the good work! :D
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:40 am

Okay, so I allowed myself to play a little again, even though time's short. Im pretty torn about this adventure. The puzzles were really cool, especially the flow-like teleporter maze was very well done. Scenery was also really nice, as were the "cut-scenes". Plot was okay, I guess, though I'm probably not familiar enough with the characters. Terby's stuttering seemed a bit weird to me, as he seemed to get more secure in his speaking while at the same time getting more emotionally charged, which didn't seem to make too much sense, but then again, who am I to argue with a stinker about that stinker's speaking disorder? ;)

On the other hand, I can't say I cared too much for the action room. Might be just me, but I don't enjoy doing the same thing over and over again for only a small feeling of satisfaction after solving one section. Sure, this can be quite funny if the whole game is meant to be like this, like IWBTG, but I can't say I enjoyed this too much, sorry.

Still, all in all, quite recommendable, especially the first half of the adventure. Looking forward to the next part! :)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: 28th Adventure: Pretty Flower's Plot

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for all the reviews guys.

Nobody: Yeah, you're supposed to use the white key to get out of the transporter area. It's not a huge loophole, though. That transporter puzzle was never particularly hard in the first place. :lol:

MNIK: I'm glad to hear you like this adventure! Thanks for telling me about the levelexit killing you, but I don't think it's worth a re-upload.

Lucky-Luc: Meh, I dunno. Common sense seems to tell me that being angry makes you stutter less, and being scared makes you stutter more. I don't have any real evidence, though. :oops:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the action room, either. Hopefully, it will be easier to make fun action after the release of the POTZ editor.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm

So..
Yot Yot. I believe we all want to know.
Did your hunger get satisfied? :twisted:
Rawr.