WAPOTZ - Flash Frozen

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
mikey

WAPOTZ - Flash Frozen

Post by mikey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Anyone else got any ideas on this level?
I think I need to get that scritter up onto the round blue button in the tunnel that has the square yellow one & the light blue timer switch, but how? I can get the scritter in there, and myself, but he keeps running into the water (as the ice float to the right gets broken early on in the level). I have tried putting the barrel there as a block, but then cant get in there myself to chase him up there etc. Any clues?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Are you trying to play this level the "short" way and ignore the bottom half of the level entirely?

Don't do that. Use the entire field and the only possible plan should become obvious.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
mikey

Post by mikey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Muzozavr,

I've tried both ways, my problem with the bottom half is to do with the round blue button which needs to be kept down so I can get myself, the barrel & the scritter through. I need the barrel next to where the coin is to stop that scritter just running on off into the water there but just cant see how I can get all 3 through. It's probably really obvious, just can't see it.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Try herding the scritter and flashing the barrel to the buttons BELOW the exit. When both are there, you can flash the scritter to the buttons to the EAST of the exit and collect the star.
mikey

Post by mikey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Sorry for being thick but how do I flash him to the buttons to the east of the exit? If I have the barrel on the blue button at the bottom, flash the scritter off the timer button, and then flash him to the east, as soon as I move towards the east to get him to then go to the north, I end up in the water to the right by the coin (where at the start of the level there is an ice patch)? I cant flash through walls, so the only thing I can see needs to be there is something to block me from sliding off (and that's the barrel which is on the blue button at the bottom)?
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Remember that a Flash spell doesn't take effect immediately. Maybe you have other options than you think...
\Mette
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:38 pm

mikey wrote:Sorry for being thick but how do I flash him to the buttons to the east of the exit? If I have the barrel on the blue button at the bottom, flash the scritter off the timer button, and then flash him to the east, as soon as I move towards the east to get him to then go to the north, I end up in the water to the right by the coin (where at the start of the level there is an ice patch)? I cant flash through walls, so the only thing I can see needs to be there is something to block me from sliding off (and that's the barrel which is on the blue button at the bottom)?
BIG SPOILER wrote:You need to put the scritter on the round button, then step on the timer and flash the barrel to the ice east of the star (to act as a blocker). You then step on the timer again, flash the scritter, and QUICKLY walk past the gate. You'll walk through the gate, the scritter will be flashed by your spellball, and the gate will close behind you. You can then herd the scritter to the other buttons and get the star.
mikey

Post by mikey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks guys, just could not see that at all, I always struggle on the ones where you have to go quick!! :D On with the journey now!
DARIUSH2001
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by DARIUSH2001 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 am

I still don`t get it. :( If somebody can explain me.... or post a video... :oops:
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 pm

ditto...I can't even get past the begnining...still gettting use to this new power. :-)
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:42 am

I can't even get started on this. As soon as I get near the charger the scritter goes sliding off to the left. I've tried to hurry up and flash him but he's out of sight by the time I can move. I've also tried letting him slide around and trying to stop him with the barrel but without going sliding myself I'm limited to where I can put it. :?

I have to say that, although I like Flash magic, I'm not enjoying the levels in the Flash room at the Academy, some of them are just bonkers and need the speed of light and a fireproof jacket! :shock:
Pauline
mikey

Post by mikey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Popo,

[Spoiler] The secret at the start is to let the scritter go round and whilst it is on its journey, flash the barrel into that area near the start that has the ice float on it to cross over into. When the scritter comes back round, flash him, then flash him again into the area where the barrel is. You can then charge your flash back up and cross over. The next bit is basically herding the scritter and flashing the barrel down to the area at the bottom. Hope that helps getting you started - this is a challenging level.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

popo wrote:I can't even get started on this. As soon as I get near the charger the scritter goes sliding off to the left. I've tried to hurry up and flash him but he's out of sight by the time I can move. I've also tried letting him slide around and trying to stop him with the barrel but without going sliding myself I'm limited to where I can put it. :?

I have to say that, although I like Flash magic, I'm not enjoying the levels in the Flash room at the Academy, some of them are just bonkers and need the speed of light and a fireproof jacket! :shock:
Mikey is correct - let go. I had the same mistake as you did but then Q made me realize that it doesn't matter if the scritter decides to take a round trip across the level.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:33 pm

My quick-finger solution:
1. Stand one tile down-right from the Flash charger. Save the game.
2. Go 2 tiles up-left (diagonally through the charger) and try to Flash the scritter before it slides away (the best option is to simply cast Flash spell as far left as possible - it can get to the scritter).

It took me 2 attemps to succeed and I could do everything I wanted with the scritter.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 am

Pawelec, I've tried doing just that but I'm just not quick enough. I think I'm going to need a video or at least some piccies to show me where I'm supposed to flash the barrel to start. After that I might have a clue myself. I've skipped this puzzle for now so I'll have to floing back to try it again. I will keep trying, I'm sure I will get it eventually. :D
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 am

How to get started:
Get Flash and let the Scritter go.
Flash the barrel.
Stand at #1 and Re-Flash the barrel to #2. (Have you ever noticed that Stinky is left handed?)
Wait for the Scritter to land and then Flash it.
Get more Flash.
Slide down the path to the barrel.
Re-Flash the Scritter to #3.

Carry on.........
jg

This is the way I started, there ARE other ways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for the pic Janet, it all makes sense now. I'll have to wait till I get back to Star Town though, I'm stuck on Jaava at the moment. Btw, it was nice to meet you in the Academy handing out accessories. I got a new hat from you and have aquired some sort of stick under my arm. No idea what it is but it comes in handy for poking scritters and seeing if the ground is safe to walk on. :lol:
Pauline
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:05 pm

popo wrote:Thanks for the pic Janet, it all makes sense now. I'll have to wait till I get back to Star Town though, I'm stuck on Jaava at the moment. Btw, it was nice to meet you in the Academy handing out accessories. I got a new hat from you and have aquired some sort of stick under my arm. No idea what it is but it comes in handy for poking scritters and seeing if the ground is safe to walk on. :lol:
Its a pirate sword. :)
Goes good with the pirate hat.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Ah yes, I noticed when I turned around it had a blade on the end. I wondered if the chef at the Academy had snook it in there in the hope I'd help him find something to cook. Are chompers edible do you know? :wink:
Pauline
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:02 pm

popo wrote:Ah yes, I noticed when I turned around it had a blade on the end. I wondered if the chef at the Academy had snook it in there in the hope I'd help him find something to cook. Are chompers edible do you know? :wink:
The guards at the academy have them as well.
And fried chomper sounds nice. :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:27 pm

popo wrote:Btw, it was nice to meet you in the Academy handing out accessories.
Nice to see you too.
The Pirate look is quite dashing on you.
It is very exciting to be here.... 8)
I've been very busy with all the Stinkers passing by to get to the Arcade.
Come back any time.
jg
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Flash Frozen

Post by nancyec » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Still stuck. I've started the suggested way but can't figure out the gates. Hints, pictures, video....any and all appreciated!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:15 am

I don't know why I took so long to get around to making a video for this one. :lol:

Video solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORs2T-2Q0Y
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Flash Frozen

Post by nancyec » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:47 am

Thank you for the video!!!!!! Took me several (many) tries even after I saw the video. Would have been an exercise in futility otherwise.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:19 am

MyNameIsKooky, I know you're cool and all, but you're making these solution videos for others and not everyone can do the "shoot magic while sliding" trick as well as you can. :wink:

There are ways to do this level that do not require ANY speed until you get to the buttons on the bottom.

(Also, if you're wondering, my old computer went kaput quite some time ago and my new computer cannot record WA footage without severe lag, so, unfortunately, my videos would be unwatchable)
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Muzozavr wrote:MyNameIsKooky, I know you're cool and all, but you're making these solution videos for others and not everyone can do the "shoot magic while sliding" trick as well as you can. :wink:
I was about to say that I've tried many times to shoot majic while sliding and I just can't get it to work. I know theoretically it should work but making it happen just isn't happening, if you get my drift. I need an old person's taking it easy approach. :wink:
Pauline
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Muzozavr wrote:you're making these solution videos for others and not everyone can do the "shoot magic while sliding" trick as well as you can. :wink:
Oh, sorry. I just use that trick so often that I forget it's annoying to pull off without practice. :oops:

I decided to record another video solution that didn't involve using magic while sliding. I think this solution is actually better than the first one I posted because it's much more reliable and easier to execute. :)

Video solution (BETTER EDITION :D): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbUgg7MSqzE
SillySap
Gold Wonderlander

**Blue Button Flash FAIL**

Post by SillySap » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm at the near end where you are in the little ice room with skitter on blue button. I can go off timed button go through 1st set of double blue/blue gates and flash barrel to stop slide.

But I cannot for the life of me, get off my button, get skitter back on his, go to middle of two gates, flash skitter, AND walk out of 2nd set of blue/blue gates.

Once I flash skitter, gates close, no time to walk.

Help? What am I missing??? It's maddening--right now I want to shoot skitter.

Help me before I find a way to do it! lol
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:26 pm

You are using your mouse for the movement, aren't you?

1) Place scritter on the round button, press the timer.
2) Go through, flash barrel where needed.
3) Go back.
4) Reactivate the timer and go through the gates again.
5) Go through, stay near the gates.
6) Flash the scritter and immediately HOLD the right arrow key to get through the gate closing behind you.
7) If you've done the rest of the level properly and have enough flash, the rest should be easy. Chase the scritter into that hallway with the timer and an extra round button. The scritter will reopen the gate for you.
SillySap
Gold Wonderlander

Muzozavr is a Genius!

Post by SillySap » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:13 am

Yes, I was using my mouse. I forgot all about my arrow keys---I'm such a SillySap.... thanks sooooo much.

I'll be so glad to get out of the Academy! You are genius and saved a skitter's little life!

Thanks!