Adventure #10: Flee from Z!

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Adventure #10: Flee from Z!

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm

I have at last completed my final adventure with the WA1 Editor! :D After this adventure, I'm waiting for the PotZ Editor. It sets everything up for my PotZ storyline, while still including my current storyline. It requires all the same textures as last time, plus some more that are included, my house texture(which isn't included due to lack of space), and the Uo texture(it is included). The adventure (.wa2) goes in download inbox, the files in the Textures folder go in WA Editor v096\User Data\Custom Content\Textures, and the other files go in WA Editor v096\Custom. If you don't have this folder, create it.

It is very important that you play my other adventures before this one, as it has a lot of storyline information, while also having a decent amount of puzzles. Blah blah blah, here's the adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:46 am

Has anyone finished yet?
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:13 am

Fluffshery wrote:Has anyone finished yet?
I don't really wanna download the custom content on this particular com that I'm using, so I haven't finished it :(
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:49 am

Oh, I see. :D
My Level List
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:36 pm

So, I've finished your adventure, but not with GOLD.

Is it possible to get the gems in the cave? I see no way of doing so without drowning myself (unless I'm missing something obvious? :? )

Plot-wise, this adventure provided a good open-end for continuation.
I found the puzzles rather easy, though.

Keep making adventures! :D
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks! :D
Also, regarding the gems, you have to use the teleporters correctly to get the gems then you use the springs. I'll post more specific hints later.
Last edited by Fluffshery on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Level List
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:25 am

Here are two hints for the gems in the teleports and springs area. The first one is just a hint, the second one gives the solution.
Leave the yellow teleport active and use the springs above to get through the it.
The order to go through is red, green, indigo, purple.
Has anybody else finished it?
My Level List
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Finished the teleporter and gems area. Wonder how I didn't see that, must have been a careless mistake. :oops: Anyway, that was a good one :P

Also, just for you to take note, the transporter puzzle can be done with numerous Pop charges left over.

Oh and does the blue flower do anything? :?: :idea:
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:36 pm

I also finished it, though I apperantly missed some bonus stuff, but I don't really feel like searching for it right now.

The puzzles were quite fine, though a bit too easy for my personal taste. I didn't like however that there were two timed puzzles instantly starting on entering a new area, kind of annoying if you're unprepared and didn't save before entering. I liked the button puzzle idea, but the interface took some getting used to. I would've really liked a "Stay where you are." option. The other puzzles weren't ground-breaking and most players have probably seen variations of them before, but they were well executed.

There were a few graphical flaws, mostly minor, but overall the aesthetics were pleasant. The only bigger complaint I have is that in the transporter puzzle, there are two tiles that look like islands but behave like water. No level breaker as it doesn't influence the puzzle, but still worth mentioning.

I haven't played your other adventures, so I can't tell how well it fits in plot-wise, but this adventure's plot was quite alright. I'm kind of surprised how often shadow stinkers play the part of the antagonist in user adventures; then again, there's not much to use while sticking to the canon. The prophecy was interessting and the end was pretty promising, I'll definitely play your next adventures to see how it evolves.

All in all, even if this review sounded a bit negative at times, this is a good adventure! Not very challenging, but definitely recommendable if you're looking for a short distraction with a decent storyline. :)
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:57 am

Lucky-Luc wrote:I didn't like however that there were two timed puzzles instantly starting on entering a new area, kind of annoying if you're unprepared and didn't save before entering. You make a good point. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

I liked the button puzzle idea, but the interface took some getting used to. I would've really liked a "Stay where you are." option. I would have liked to include this as well, but I had used the maximum number of responses. When editing, you can create dialog replies from 0-7, so eight total.

The other puzzles weren't ground-breaking and most players have probably seen variations of them before, but they were well executed. It's a good thing the PotZ Editor is on its way.

There were a few graphical flaws, mostly minor, but overall the aesthetics were pleasant. The only bigger complaint I have is that in the transporter puzzle, there are two tiles that look like islands but behave like water. No level breaker as it doesn't influence the puzzle, but still worth mentioning. Oops. :(

I haven't played your other adventures, so I can't tell how well it fits in plot-wise, but this adventure's plot was quite alright. I'm kind of surprised how often shadow stinkers play the part of the antagonist in user adventures; then again, there's not much to use while sticking to the canon. The prophecy was interessting and the end was pretty promising, I'll definitely play your next adventures to see how it evolves. Thank you! :)
My Level List