Level 1 - The Turtle Cave

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Level 1 - The Turtle Cave

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:47 am

I'm working on a bunch of other things, but for now, here's one of my levels for all of you to enjoy! :D A huge thank you to my dad for testing it. If Patrick asks for level submissions for the WA3E, I'm probably going to submit this one, so let me know what you think! :D

EDIT: Uploaded version 5, making an alternate solution discovered by samuelthx impossible if you want to get the orange gems at the beginning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderland King on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:52 am

Whoa, for me, it's still 2013, but for the forum, this was the first custom WA level posted in 2014. This is an honor. (And it's the first custom WA level I've posted. This is like how my first post in the off topic forum was the 30,000th post in the off topic forum. :lol: )

EDIT: No, it's actually the forum's first post in ANY subforum that happened in 2014. Truly honored! :D
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:04 am

I'd be honored to be the first to try my mind at this. :D

Congradulations! :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 am

It's an honor for all of us, isn't it? :wink:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am

Yeap!

All so, I am downloading it more than once because I keep forgetting to click "save" instead of paste, which eliminates your files' name and just pastes Nobody's notennis files, which I literally had just gotten back from the Return to Wonderland levels because I all so put those in the wrong file. :roll:

Ace Professional ^

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:18 am

Aww, I thought 5 people had already downloaded it. :cry:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:41 am

Wow!
It was hard, but I finally finnished! :D

I took several routes and over a dozen tries to figure this out. Thank you very much!

I got gold on the try after the one I nearly won on. :D

P.S. Sorry about making you sad... :(

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 am

Congratulations! Glad you liked it! Did you
Have a turtle from the bottom bounce off the remaining turtle from the top so it would go back down and then you could steer it to the left?
P.S. No worries. All's well that ends well. 8)
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:02 am

Wonderland King wrote:this was the first custom WA level posted in 2014.
is this gonna be the new "first post/download"
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:42 am

Sammy_P wrote:is this gonna be the new "first post/download"
I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but I certainly hope a contest like that doesn't start. :?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Yes! Exactly :D

Though, that turned out being the easy part, to me; between figuring out where the turtles actually went, and then getting them there...

that's what took me most of my dozen tries. :shock:

I... admit, I mostly tried to go in the opposite direction to which I should have gone.

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Congratulations! Glad you liked it! Did you
Have a turtle from the bottom bounce off the remaining turtle from the top so it would go back down and then you could steer it to the left?
Um, no. But I still managed to get GOLD. :wink:
I think my solution's easier than yours--I have no idea what you're talking about! :lol:
I wouldn't count my solution as a flaw in your level design though--I still needed all 9 Brr charges. :)
spoilers wrote: 1.Get one turtle to the ice (1 Brr). Make the turtle press the blue button.
2. Go back, and make the remaining turtle go into the water in between the blue and yellow gates by freezing it then standing in front of it.
3. Press the purple button and indigo one. Collect the yellow key
4. Open the yellow gate, and start sliding...
5. Now prepare the path for the dragonturtle. Create a Brr pad on the water near the yellow and blue buttons. After crossing the other rainbow bridge, create a pad there too.
6. Change the turtle's direction, making it move clockwise instead of anticlockwise (yes it's possible ;) )
Stand on the turtle already in the water from just now. When the moving turtle collides into you, freeze it as soon as it is directly south-east of you.
7. Obstruct its way so it goes into the path that you have created.
8. Walk through the blue gates (or use the spring) before the turtle closes the gates. Use 2 Brr charges to cross back.
9. Step into the rainbow teleporter. Using the last charge, make a Brr pad for the gems.
10. Voila!
Nevertheless, that was a cool puzzle! Thanks for the fun! 8)
P.s Good luck in your bid for level designer! :D
Last edited by samuelthx on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Nice find! :D The intended solution is much harder, so I'm going to upload version 5 sometime later today, which prevents this solution. I'm still going to keep v4 up, I just want to see how breakable the new version is. Sorry about that - but your solution is very clever! :) (And easy. That's why I can't allow it to happen. :( )

EDIT: No, actually, I changed my mind. I guess if it still requires all 9 Brrs, then it's okay. But you're definitely good at Wonderland, I'll say that much. :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 am

Wonderland King wrote:Nice find! :D The intended solution is much harder, so I'm going to upload version 5 sometime later today, which prevents this solution. I'm still going to keep v4 up, I just want to see how breakable the new version is. Sorry about that - but your solution is very clever! :) (And easy. That's why I can't allow it to happen. :( )

EDIT: No, actually, I changed my mind. I guess if it still requires all 9 Brrs, then it's okay.
Actually, I don't mind the idea of separately uploading V5. That way this adventure can become more evi-- I mean more fun to play :twisted:

Honestly, the problem with finding an alternate solution is that the intended solution always eludes me. So perhaps the new version could force my brain to "play along with the rules" (not saying that alternatives in a level are a bad thing, in fact I like them).

But it's your level, and thus your call. Please don't view this as me pressuring you to post up a new version, I'm really not trying to do so.
But you're definitely good at Wonderland, I'll say that much. :)
Why thank you, your majesty! :mrgreen:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:28 am

Bump.

I uploaded V5. Samuelthx's solution is still possible, but you'll have to do it the intended way if you want to get the orange gems at the beginning. :)

Don't worry, I didn't view this as you pressuring me to release the new version; I appreciate you taking the time to share your discovery. :D

Good luck, everyone. Let me know if you need a hint. :twisted:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 am

I decided to have a crack at this again, and I escaped the cave with all the treasure, too! Thanks for this brain twister!