Ways to Die or Get Stuck in WA Trilogy Hub

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 pm

This?
Attachments
Void Crystal.jpg
Void Crystal.jpg (190.66 KiB) Viewed 10829 times
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun May 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Yes. :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon May 12, 2014 11:55 pm

We're having an astronomy unit in science, and tomorrow, we're going to learn about the expanding universe.

I can't wait to see the look on my teacher's face when I tell her I was the one who discovered Hubble's Law. :P
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 am

,_,
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 am

,_,

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue May 20, 2014 3:44 am

I've been spending my Wonderland time lately on Billy Bob's Bugs Be Gone, but here's an idea for a possible method in WA, which maybe someone could test? :D

After you win "To Catch A Thief", run all the way down before the indigo shard appears (yes, it's possible). Then collect the red shard, and win "Thwart The Thwarts", but don't collect the blue shard. (It doesn't appear right in the way, so you don't need to be fast or anything.) Cross the Rainbow Pool. Then get a full inventory, make sure the transporters in the lake east of the windmill are on the east side of the lake, and... off to Forest's End we go... 8)
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue May 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Yes, there's a ton of things I would test with Indigo Shard Early if my WA1 was functioning. All I looked into was a method of failing, and I just put up the first method I found. But since then the list has been seperated into ways to die and ways to get stuck. So now I only have a way of getting stuck, and don't know if there is a way of dieing. If someone could just look into a method of dieing with Indigo Shard Early for me I'd be grateful.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:09 am

If you rush somewhere in both the indigo shard and blue shard hub sections of WA1, you can get stuck behind NPCs. Have fun.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat May 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:If you rush somewhere in both the indigo shard and blue shard hub sections of WA1, you can get stuck behind NPCs. Have fun.
Just added the indigo shard one to the list. Nice find! :D

Could you be more specific about the blue shard one? :) I can't look for it myself because my copy of WA1 isn't functioning (I tested the indigo shard one using the demo).
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat May 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Wheee! :D
Attachments
HubFailure5.jpg
HubFailure5.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 10684 times
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 pm

That doesn't look too good... :lol:

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:28 am

billy bob wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:If you rush somewhere in both the indigo shard and blue shard hub sections of WA1, you can get stuck behind NPCs. Have fun.

Could you be more specific about the blue shard one? :) I can't look for it myself because my copy of WA1 isn't functioning (I tested the indigo shard one using the demo).
I'm afraid mine is neither, now that I got to my other hard disk, and I deleted it along with some other corrupted programs. :P But my memory serves that it is possible somehow to get behind um...I forget his name...that stinker who always forgets everything with a teal tuque. You have to rush the scene after getting the blue shard. It's also possible to get in the thwart's spot that way, with it blocking you.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
billy bob wrote:

I'm afraid mine is neither, now that I got to my other hard disk, and I deleted it along with some other corrupted programs. :P But my memory serves that it is possible somehow to get behind um...I forget his name...that stinker who always forgets everything with a teal tuque. You have to rush the scene after getting the blue shard. It's also possible to get in the thwart's spot that way, with it blocking you.
Added it to the list. You can also get two blue shards by doing it slightly differently.
My WA1 isn't working so I had to hack the demo to test this.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:55 pm

I remember now, his name is Gaboonga.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Wheee! :D
Added to the list. Also, I noticed that if you immediately go down after completing the middle adventure then usually you will move three spaces down the FlipBridge, but sometimes just two spaces. It depends on the timing of when you step on the adventure star. So I put a save just next to the adventure star, then waited ever so slightly longer every time before I started the adventure, and it would seem that it is possible to move four spaces down the FlipBridge (the middle space) with some very, very precise timing. So this is a way of getting stuck. 8)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Huh, I held down the down arrow key after collecting the star and I wasn't able to do that. :?
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Huh, I held down the down arrow key after collecting the star and I wasn't able to do that. :?
Yes it's weird, what I mean is most of the time you still won't get to the center of the FlipBridge (usually you'll get 3 spaces down the FlipBridge but sometimes only 2), but very very rarely you will reach the center (4 spaces down) on the FlipBridge. This depends on when you step on the adventure star. If you got two spaces down the FlipBridge then that means that you were too early. If you got three spaces down the FlipBridge then then that means that you were too late. Very precise timing. :wink:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 pm

billy bob wrote:This depends on when you step on the adventure star.
That makes a little more sense, I guess. The rotator is pressed by a chomper, and the chomper is standing still before you win any levels, but it still has it's chomping animation. I guess it can only move when it's at a certain position in it's animation?
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 pm

I just tested the Q-Spell method in the sewers, and there are a few ways to get stuck. *adds to list*

Also I found a strange way of getting stuck in the Cedric-in-the-Morning area using Q-Spell. *adds to list*

Method of getting stuck, WA, Cedric-in-the-Morning Area
This method uses "Q-Spell" which is a glitch that allows the player to shoot spellballs (in this case Blink) through walls. After charging your gloves with Blink go to the space northwest of Booleen, and cast Blink onto the space four spaces above and one space left of the player (the space will look like a wall, but it's actually floor). If you have any remaining charges left then use them up pointlessly so you can't escape with another "Q-Spell" and you are now stuck.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:48 am

Method of getting stuck, MOFI, Stinker Camp
When you first enter Stinker Camp just before the Ice Trolls attack and when Cedric-in-the-Morning is on the bridge talk to him then immediately talk to him again before he moves. Cedric-in-the-Morning will not move and continue to block you.

And I've got my WA1 back.
Wonderland King wrote:He appears in the mushroom cave? What version of WA do you have? Maybe I don't have the latest one.
If you collect the red shard before the blue shard then Wysp will appear in The Foggy Mountains. If you collect the blue shard before the red shard then Wysp will appear in Mushroom Grove. Wysp will appear where the fourth shard was collected.

New methods of dying and getting stuck in Morklin's Museum have been added to the list.

One can obstruct the bowler hat Stinkers in central and northwest Wondertown so that they retrace steps and reopen the door they just exited out of to get stuck inside the house or get trapped in the door when they come back.

Also the key that the Stinker in the corn fields gives you to unlock the Creepy Keep lookout tower can instead be used on the gate just outside the rainbow pool in Temple Ruins. Doing this makes it impossible to access the Creepy Keep lookout tower.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

2727th post!

Post by billy bob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:30 am

Method of getting stuck, POTZ, Barren

This method takes place in the area where you first encounter Twinkle. Make sure to have not collected the coins in this area that require a fourth orange key. When you first encounter Twinkle you step on a space then Twinkle comes down a narrow path. This exact space is three spaces right of the lone orange gate. When you first step on it move up another two spaces before Twinkle comes down. Now Twinkle wants to move onto the space that you are on but can't because you are obstructing him. It is possible to do the next part with Twinkle on his desired space but it is far more difficult to talk to him twice in a row, and if you talk to him further up the path then the less time you have to skip through the dialogue boxes after. Talk to him then once as the dialogue has ended immediately talk to him again before he leaves then very quickly skip through the dialogue boxes. If fast enough then he should be coming back down the path. At this point let him through then he should settle on a space in a small gap between the walls on the right. Stand northwest of him then talk to him then answer the dialogue boxes. Wait a small moment for him to be moving onto the space below you then move left once then up-left once then left once without hesitation. If done correctly then Twinkle will permanently block you from collecting the coins in this area preventing you from collecting every coin and therefore every star in the game.

We'll call the first area you meet Twinkle area A (this is the area with the orange gates) and the next area you are with Twinkle area B (this is the area with the entrance to Barren underground) and the next area you are with Twinkle area C (this is the area with the rainbow portal to Star's End).

When you are in area A talking to Twinkle then immediately talking to Twinkle again means that you read what is supposed to be Twinkle's dialogue for Area B in area A. This dialogue has a command at the end which moves Twinkle to set of coordinates. But as you are in a different map than the one that you're supposed to be then the coordinates will probably just be some random place in the walls that Twinkle can't get to, but he will go as close to it as possible. Now if you talk to him again then you will be reading his dialogue in Area C, which has a command at the end which moves Twinkle to a different set of coordinates. If you talk to him again at this point then he will just have the same dialogue. So in area A you can read Twinkle's dialogues from area B and area C. If you talk to Twinkle twice in area A then it also messes up Twinkle's dialogue in area B too, seeming as you've already read the dialogue that you are supposed to read in area B then if you talk to Twinkle in area B then he will give you the dialogue that you are supposed to read in area C. This dialogue sends Twinkle somewhere to the left. In area B there is also an area on the ground where if you move onto it will send Twinkle to where the entrance to area C is (where he will go into some fake walls then disappear), so if you step onto these spaces then talk to him while he's moving then he will go left of wherever he is when you talk to him, so there are various spots on the left that you can make him go to. One of them is actually blocking the entrance to area C but unfortunately the spaces on the ground that make Twinkle move passed the entrance to the next area are repeatable which is annoying because they could have been made unrepeatable and the area would have worked the same way normally. So that could have been a way of failing in the hub, but unfortunately it just wasn't quite made in the right way to be. So there is a lot of messed up stuff in area B but no methods of getting stuck. As for area A, when you talk to Twinkle then immediately talk to Twinkle again then answer the dialogue boxes (but not quickly) then he will go to a specific spot on the right which doesn't do anything. If you talk to him again then he will just go to a specific spot on the left, which doesn't do anything except as he is next to the arrow then you can talk to him and enter area B at the same time, which means that you get the dialogue from area C in area B which we could already do anyway. So there is no method of failure there. Then I realised that when you talk to Twinkle twice if you skip through the dialogue boxes really really fast then he will come back down the path. If you let him through the path then he will go to a small gap between walls on the right which does nothing, and if you talk to him again then he will go to a corner northwest which does nothing. However, as he is moving northwest you can obstruct his preferred movement and he will settle for anywhere as long as it is in that direction. So you can make him go back up the path by blocking him from going left but he will continue going up, but that would just lead to the same situation if he had never come down the path in the first place. But what you can do is block him from going up, which will lead him left passed the corner and to where the fourth orange gate is, and if you haven't gotten the coins behind the fourth orange gate then you will never be able to collect them because Twinkle will be blocking them. So after doing this then you will not be able to collect every coin and therefore every star in the game.
Attachments
POTZ Hub Stuck Method 6.png
POTZ Hub Stuck Method 6.png (566.94 KiB) Viewed 10097 times
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Discoveries in MOFI!

First a very simple method of getting stuck, when KA-CHING! is returning after showing you where SHORTFUSE! is quickly move to the space in the doorway to the hut where KA-CHING! will also move to and trap you. There's a similar one in The Plains in WA with the good-luck gem Stinker. There is actually a few ways to mess with KA-CHING! here, you can talk to him then finish the dialogue just before he reaches the space which raises the bridges. This makes him go back to his spot by the hut without the bridges rising, but unfortunately you can go back to Professor BLASTAZAR! and choose to talk about SHORTFUSE! again then ask KA-CHING! about SHORTFUSE! all over again then he'll walk over to the invisible button on the floor which raises the bridges. You can do this over and over again until you actually find SHORTFUSE!.

And a not so simple one (but very interesting). This method takes place when you talk to Professor BLASTAZAR! at the temple entrance just after completing "The Star Key". If you talk to Professor BLASTAZAR! then answer seven dialogue boxes, then very quickly answer the last two dialogue boxes then immediately talk to Professor BLASTAZAR! again before he is frozen (this is very precise) then a dialogue box will appear saying "BRRRRR!" and you will reply "Oh No!" which you wouldn't normally be able to see. Answering this dialogue box has some strange individual effects depending on how long you keep it up for.

Answering after 0 seconds - Three Ice Trolls enter the temple and everything continues as normal.
Answering after 1 - 3 seconds - Two Ice Trolls enter the temple and the Star Key doesn't get picked up, so after getting through the volcano you can reclaim it and have it for the rest of the game.
Answering after 4 seconds - One Ice Troll enters the temple and no one gets frozen except Professor Blastazar!. Later after the volcano as soon as you complete the adventure "POW to the Rescue" the game automatically fires POW at all the characters that were frozen to unfreeze them. However, not all the characters were frozen, so the ones that weren't will die from POW instead.
Answering after 5 seconds - Zero Ice Trolls enter the temple and the gate doesn't open and the adventure star doesn't appear meaning that you are completely stuck.
Attachments
MOFI Retain Star Key.png
MOFI Retain Star Key.png (799.67 KiB) Viewed 10052 times
Last edited by billy bob on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Let's take a look at this and its resulting explanations. Would collecting coins in the Cedric-In-The-Morning area of POTZ (assuming you already have some) until you have 20,722, saving/exiting/reloading twice so you have 0 coins, and then continuing in the game, count as a method? I know testing this method fully won't happen for obvious reasons (care for a game of Desert Bus, anyone? :P ), but if other people confirm the 20,722 coins phenomenon, would you count this as a valid method? If it works, the player can "lose" coins, preventing them from being able to get all the golden keys and tokens.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am

...I forgot this topic existed. :lol:

Back in the days before major glitches like adventure skip glitch, stealing items from adventures, inventory across saves, saving in game over screen, saving in dialogues... 8)

To be honest I haven't even looked at this topic for a year.
With all these new glitches it would take me years to get all the methods down. :|

I guess you could call this a list that excludes major glitches but if that's the case then I'm not sure if I'd allow coin count overflow, what with the save/load and everything.

As well as infinite coins in POTZ Cedric-in-the-Morning area, we can collect infinite coins in the entire WA trilogy by collecting them in restart adventure fade out screens. We can also collect infinite coins using the hub area reset side effect of either adventure skip glitch in the hub in WA1/WA2 or restart adventure in hub in WA1. :?