The Magical Tests Redone (WIP) - Adventures avaliable

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

The Magical Tests Redone (WIP) - Adventures avaliable

Post by Technos72 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:32 am

TOTAL PROGRESS
(The lines are adventures. When they're colored, they're done. The total progress percentage is 110%. The other 10% is the bonus rainbow course if I'm still able to work once all other courses are finished)

||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||

Adventures completed - 42/80

TOTAL PROGRESS: 52%
(Each completed adventure gains 1.25%)

A project I started four years ago but discontinued a year after. But I'm going to try again now that we have a more sophisticated editor. I will also include new features like:

- Decorative layout designs
- Ten adventures in each course, for less-tiring stuff
- All new boss battles, instead of the same giant fire flower
- Eighth course after beating all the other seven courses which uses all the magic and has a cool final boss

I've decided to make a progress topic for this. Because it's a hub, to avoid cluttering the adventure progress topic, and upload some sample adventures as short demos down the road.
Last edited by Technos72 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 22 times in total.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:41 am

Seems interesting! Also, what do you mean by "name suggestions" in your title?
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:48 am

Oh god :evil: :oops: :shock:

I was going to insert something else in the first post but decided not to but didn't change the topic name. EDITED
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:50 am

Looks good, can't wait to play once it's done :D
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Alright. I have done three adventures of each course. Enough to select a few adventures to upload as samples. I have one with flash, grow, and pow. They're easy because first adventures. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 am

Change of plans. I'm actually going to do ten levels for each course. So that's 70+10 levels in this hub. The reason? I have finished five adventures of the floing course and can't think of many different ideas of magic puzzles in the long run. It's getting stressful. But good thing the fifth adventure is long enough. The adventures in the legacy version have parts where it doesn't use magic much. I want to make it so that magic is always used in every area. Another thing is so that I don't have to get tired in the farthest adventures. Changed the progress.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:47 am

Completed these three. Easy adventures, and I'm looking forward to playing the harder ones! :)
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:39 am

I'm going to see if I can get out a Christmas Day release of the whole project. Little Christmas gift to the Wonderland community. And that will include the rainbow course. And I have thought up of a schedule to do a specific set of adventures.

From today to Christmas Day, here is the schedule. At the start of today I had three adventures for each course but red has five.

Nov 19-24 - Adventures 4-6 of each course from orange to purple. One course a day.
Nov 25-Dec 1 - Adventures 7-8 of each course from red to purple. One course a day.
Dec 2-8 - Adventure 9 of each course. One adventure a day.
Dec 9-15 - The boss of each of the seven courses. One boss a day.
Dec 16-20 - Rainbow adventures 1-5. One a day.
Dec 21-22 - Rainbow adventures 6-9. Two a day.
Dec 23 - FINAL BOSS
Dec 24 - Finishing up and polishing the hub
Dec 25 - RELEASE DATE
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:22 am

You know what? I don't think I'm going to aim for a Christmas Day release. When I make adventures all about magic, it's difficult to come up with many different ideas. I don't know about working on a schedule. If I do this with work I find kind of hard to do, if I force myself with a schedule like this the end result may look bad. Right now I'm struggling a bit to come up with more magic adventures. That's why I'm going to remove the Christmas Day release and save for later. I'm currently doing stuff that I'm having fun with rather than sitting there in misery making crappy adventures. One day I'll get back in the game
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 am

Technos72 wrote:You know what? I don't think I'm going to aim for a Christmas Day release. When I make adventures all about magic, it's difficult to come up with many different ideas. I don't know about working on a schedule. If I do this with work I find kind of hard to do, if I force myself with a schedule like this the end result may look bad. Right now I'm struggling a bit to come up with more magic adventures. That's why I'm going to remove the Christmas Day release and save for later. I'm currently doing stuff that I'm having fun with rather than sitting there in misery making crappy adventures. One day I'll get back in the game
Don't worry, you can't really expect a release date for a game which is barely started, especially if it is supposed to release in one month. I expected my hub (Legend of the Stinkers) to be released by the end of this year, but various projects have prevented me from doing so. Anyways, just work in the rhythm you prefer without worrying about a release date. :wink:

Also, didn't comment on it yet, but the levels are pretty nice. Just make sure to fix the bug in one of the adventures which involves having a wall higher than 1.0 on the border of the map. :)