WA Trilogy Glitch - Inventory Across Saves

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

WA Trilogy Glitch - Inventory Across Saves

Post by billy bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 pm

To activate this glitch you have to click on something from a distance that will activate a dialogue (NPC, sign, command 21) then before you reach it open your inventory. Your inventory will now be open while a dialogue box is open, then if you answer through the dialogue boxes then you will be able to walk around and pause with your inventory open. So now just pause and load another save, then it will look like you have the inventory from before you loaded this save in this save. But unfortunately, in a way, you sort of don't. Here's how it works after you activate this glitch.

First of all just to note if you close your inventory then reopen it then the items will reset to what they were previously on that save, and also if you swap two items round then those two items will reset to what they were previously.

But basically when you activate this glitch you keep the type of item from the inventory before you loaded the save, but you don't keep the value of what it is, instead the value will be of whatever was in that slot before you overwrote it with the new inventory.

So for example, if you try to get a mushroom key across a save then try to use it on a mushroom gate then it won't work because the key will have lost its value and will have the value of whatever was in that slot before you overwrote it (value 0 if empty). So unfortunately keys can't be useful when transported across saves.

But what else is there? Well, custom ID items lose their value too so I don't think they would be useful in any way either.

Same with shards, they lose their value too and if you try to teleport with them then they don't take you anywhere. They do however make a sound when you click on them, and the pitch of this sound will depend on whatever item was in that slot before you overwrote it with this shard. So if the magic gloves were in the slot that you overwrote, then the shard will make an unusually low sound, if a key were in the slot that you overwrote, then the shard will make an unusually high sound. So other than making unusual sounds, there's nothing you can do with this.

For glyphs, it seems that they keep the value no matter what they're overwriting. So this means that one thing you could do is get the fire glyph then carry it across to a save before you completed The Star Key, then go to the volcano. Another thing you could do which would actually be useful for WA2 any% is skip POW to the Rescue by getting the acid glyph and Floing glyph then carrying it across to a save before you completed The Star Key then using them on the magic mirror on the two occasions when you would need them.

And finally, tokens. Tokens don't have a value which means that when you transport them across saves then they are unaffected which means that they still function normally, meaning that once as you have one token then you can duplicate it then use the duplicated token on an arcade machine then duplicate your real token all over again until all the arcade adventures have been unlocked. This is by far the most useful thing you can do with this glitch. This would be very useful for WA1 100% and WA3 100%. Just make sure that you duplicate tokens over empty inventory spaces otherwise you will lose the item that was in that slot. So in fact you can also get rid of anything you want to in your inventory by duplicating tokens over them then using them.

Here is a video of Token Duplication and Deleting Items in WA1 and WA3 using the Inventory Across Saves glitch.

Here are some posts about Inventory Across Saves glitch taking large/huge inventories across to smaller inventories.
Last edited by billy bob on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:26 am

Well! If I had learnt this sooner then I could have skipped the blasted token hunt in WA1. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 am

But basically when you activate this glitch you keep the type of item from the inventory before you loaded the save, but you don't keep the value of what it is, instead the value will be of whatever was in that slot before you overwrote it with the new inventory.
But if you overwrite it this way... can you get type from one item and value from another?

Can you use your magic gloves for the value and potentially rewrite a key to open a different gate in an adventure? Theoretically, I mean, this is probably completely useless in the actual game due to the rarity of the situation.

Can you use a key of a particular color value in order to get your magic gloves working in places where you have no charges?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.