Post Pictures and Progress of In-Progress Adventures Here

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Technos72 wrote:What is this? Could this be a comeback?
Looks nice! :D
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:29 pm

The screenshot I just uploaded, this is the redo of a discontinued project I started four years ago. The Magical Tests! I'm starting over and make all new adventures using the new toys in WA3E. The old version is getting very chunky and it's really annoying to constantly convert adventures. This time there will only be 105 very short and semi-long adventures. Fifteen in each magic course. With seven boss battles. I'm going to release a few adventures from it as I work. No full demos.

For those of you who don't know what The Magical Tests is, it's a project I started in November 2010 which I stopped doing in late summer 2011. I tried continuing but was in stress with the conversion and the fact that I forgot how to use several editor things. You appear in a test facility with a hub of seven teleporters taking you to a course where it focuses on one magic.

ANOTHER SCREENSHOT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:17 pm

That brings back the memories! If I am correct, the textures used are the same as in the old version, right? I would like to try to create textures for this hub.

As for the rest, it looks really nice. I personally feel that 15 small adventures (per area) wouldn't be the best idea, instead like having 10 longer ones instead. Sorry if this sounded a little harsh.

Other than that, good luck! :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Yellow Jello

Post by Jutomi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 pm

This looks amazing! :mrgreen:

I look forward to playing it. :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Yay! About 80% more to go on my *first* storyline level!

About my past levels.....

Um, I don't consider them *real levels*

So, this is my first level.
:/
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 pm

garirry wrote:I personally feel that 15 small adventures (per area) wouldn't be the best idea, instead like having 10 longer ones instead
Adventures in a course get progressively longer. Like in Portal.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:06 pm

how2decorate

And yes, this is also from my first main story adventure. And no, my main series is not going to be based off of MNIK-style weirdness. Although it will have a lot more of that sort of thing than any other adventure I've made so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:37 am

More news on The Magical Tests:

For adventure progress, instead of doing one course at a time, I'm doing a rotation. I do 1-4 adventures of one course, then switch to the next one so that I don't get tired of using the same magic. Tonight I have finished the first adventure of each course to familiarize myself with the editor and the magics.

And there will be new adventure styles. They will have actual names, they will have various objectives instead of getting the star, they will be decoratively designed with different walls and pits, and some will have different floors. I love the floor bit.

I will also try to make unique boss battles. Just like before, every last adventure in a course will be a boss battle, but now I want to design bosses other than giant fire flowers. All while still using the magic to defeat it.

And if I have enough juice left after making all 105 levels, I'll see if I can take it further and make a "rainbow" course after beating all the previous courses. With all magics used and a final boss battle using all the magics at the same time.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:15 am

Technos72 wrote:And there will be new adventure styles. They will have actual names, they will have various objectives instead of getting the star, they will be decoratively designed with different walls and pits, and some will have different floors. I love the floor bit.
Speaking of it, I wonder if I could contribute by making level textures. If you're fine with that idea, I'll create a sample and send it here. :P
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Technos72 wrote:You appear in a test facility with a hub of seven teleporters taking you to a course where it focuses on one magic.
Ooh, another hub! :D
Just a question though--by "focuses on one magic", do you mean that the adventures will only have one kind of magic within (ie. blink rooms only have blink chargers and no other types such as pop)?
Also, I would love to see the rainbow course that you've mentioned!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 pm

samuelthx wrote:Just a question though--by "focuses on one magic", do you mean that the adventures will only have one kind of magic within (ie. blink rooms only have blink chargers and no other types such as pop)?
According to Techno's original Magical Tests Demo, each room will be exclusive to its own magic. For example, in the purple room, there is Blink everywhere, but no other kind of magic.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 pm

garirry wrote:Speaking of it, I wonder if I could contribute by making level textures. If you're fine with that idea, I'll create a sample and send it here. :P
I've pretty much did all the textures. It's basically the same texture but recolored. If I get to the rainbow course, it will have the floor and wall textures in all colors
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Technos72 wrote:I've pretty much did all the textures. It's basically the same texture but recolored. If I get to the rainbow course, it will have the floor and wall textures in all colors
Oh, I see.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:46 pm

I'm currently trying to give some sort of preview for my adventure series every Tuesday and Saturday. That being said, my computer was out of batteries yesterday, and I had left my charger at school, so I didn't post one yesterday. So, here is, a day late, a brief description of the concept of my series.

Shortly after PotZ, other nameless adventurers with no memory of their past, but knowledge of the locations, political climate, etc., who were all particularly good at solving puzzles and generally surviving, began popping up across Wonderland. An organization was founded where anyone who needs help can go for help. The Star Town gate thing, whatever it's called (does anybody know by the way?), is being commonly used for quick transport between worlds, although species still primarily only inhabit their own world. The series begins with you waking up and being inducted into the organization. The adventurer from the WA trilogy is mysteriously missing, presumed dead by this point.

The worlds itself will not use any wlvs from the WA trilogy, but rather complete redesigns featuring the same locations, but none of the same object placement and terrain. This allows for more originality, less worrying about fixing things, and flexibility to add locations that aren't in the original game. Also, I have all 100 adventures of it planned out storywise, so expect lots and lots of foreshadowing/continuity.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:47 am

IK I already posted two other screenshots of *cough* the same .wlv. But this is where most of my time in WA is put to.....even though I already have two adventures untested.

(I should probably get back to those)

(also this sorta says more about the .wlv anyways)
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

intricate* (HIPPO)

I really need to play part 4 of IWABMO some time. And part 3. And part 2.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:11 am

@The Magical Tests: I remember this! I am really glad that you revived it, becos this was one of my favorite hubs :)
no
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Slowly and Surely

Post by Jutomi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 am

Well, I've actually been making a little bit of "progress" on this hub. :lol:

I had decided that I wanted to redo 5 adventures;
and now, 4 of them are done. :mrgreen:

This means that I only have three adventures to make until I'm ready for release. :)

Unfortunately, even if I do finish soon, Beta won't be out until this solstice. ;)

Here's a picture of the redone linkers introductory adventure;
and I did decide to keep them as Chaos Linkers and Fixed Linkers. :)

InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:52 am

Decided to restart my next adventure from the ground up. Here's a screenshot:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Amazing Features

Post by Jutomi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Well...
that looks epic. :shock:

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:45 am

That castle will be interesting.

*To all my adventure followers, I'm cancelling my TOZB hub. I didn't want to bump its topic to say that.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:12 am

Wonderman109 wrote:*To all my adventure followers, I'm cancelling my TOZB hub. I didn't want to bump its topic to say that.
What is that? :?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Arbumania

Post by Jutomi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Here's a photo taken by one of the members of my crew while I was exploring
the wastelands of Arbumania.

They're a scorcher!

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 am

PROOF OF LIFE
My Level List
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

World of Dreams

Post by Jutomi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 am

What is this...? :o

It looks beautiful, whatever it is. :D

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 am

Thanks! :D

I've switched around the LL3s though, the original one was the second one of the town of Palour trilogy. This is the only other level I've 'worked' on aside from IWABMO Part 5 :lol:

(however I don't see IWABMO coming out soon, the giant room I've had three pictures of is taking FOREVER to test, faster than I thought it would take though...)
My Level List
Hard-To-Destroy Reptile
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Screenshots for my upcoming, and first, adventure. :D

I'd like to thank Popo for the wonderful Easter Island Statue model, as seen in the top picture.
Last edited by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Hard-To-Destroy Reptile wrote:Screenshots for my upcoming, and first, adventure.

I'd like to thank Popo for the wonderful Easter Island Statue model, as seen in the top picture.
Wow! That definitely looks nice! :D
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Adventure Time!

Post by Jutomi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Wow!
You really are making quite the magnificent looking adventure, there, HtDReptile. :D

I look forward to playing it,
and I thank you for thanking Popo's work. :)

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Hard-To-Destroy Reptile wrote:Screenshots for my upcoming, and first, adventure. :D

WOW! :shock:
If this is the first one you're making then I can't wait for the scenery of upcoming ones... The only thing I'd consider changing is the statues' texture - I'd make it a bit more "stone-y" (I can help you with the texture if you want it).

The screenshots are perfect.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi