Technos' ACTIVE Game Maker Projects

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Technos' ACTIVE Game Maker Projects

Post by Technos72 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:34 am

Here I'll post stuff for games I have been working on that I have shown on Epigam. If you're not an Epigam member you'll probably not see what I have to offer there. Some forums cannot be seen by guests.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Unscary Maze Game V1.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w26rzvtzjmwto ... 3.zip?dl=0

Anyway, to start off the topic, I would like to talk about my newest game project "Unscary Maze Game". This takes the concept of the Scary Maze Game and crams it with loads of levels and new gameplay elements (For other versions, since this version only has nothing much). There are worlds with fifty levels each and a boss. Every new world features a new gameplay element. And there are absolutely no jumpscares. You may have the chill thinking this game lies. But believe me.

This was also a minimalistically designed game and fast to make. I know it may be shabby, but I was bored when I started this project. My other projects were feeling complex and I don't feel like moving on right now. This depression has been going on for more than a month. Right now I'm on new projects I wasn't tackling before. I remember MNIK saying on Episkype I should work on what I'll enjoy doing. So I'm doing it.

Another thing. Pointed out by SS01 and Yzfm, you could cheat in this game. I didn't intend to make any cheats or anything when making this game because of my quick process. But in some levels you could zip the mouse past few walls and if you have some kind of next gen computer with a touchscreen you could cheat all through the game. Cheat all you want. But the pure experience, of course, is just playing normally. Hope you have fun.
Last edited by Technos72 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:33 am

Some forums can't be seen by banned members too! :evil:

Anyways, here's what I think about this game:
It is pretty good, I'm curious to see how it will be in the future.
Here are some mistakes you should fix:
-Make the cursor a little less sensitive (or make the game be played in fullscreen), or else it is really really hard to control, especially with my mouse settings. I had to put the tracking speed to the minimum just to be able to play the game.
-About that cheat, since you admitted this wasn't intentional, you should try to fix it. My suggestion, although I don't have the source code on me, is put the blue square to follow the cursor every step instead of jumping to the cursor's location. This will make that if you dare to cheat, the square will join your cursor, but by passing through the black box first.
-There is a major bug about the grey square which is caused when resetting the level. The thing is, the square jumps to the location of the blue square when last time retrying the level. So, I recommend putting the grey square to a fixed place in each level, and put that it starts and becomes deactivated when you touch a black box.
Anyways, nice concept! Good job! :)
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:23 am

I'm going to fix the resetting square problem for Real V1.1 (The World 2 Update, I should've named it 1.0.1). SS01 just said the same thing on episkype.

Yzfm also said the game is kind of frustrating when deeper in it. So I'll make an easier fullscreen mode for less experienced players.

As for the wall-skipping cheat. I don't know if the problem is fixed or not. I tried zipping across a thin wall against the screen's edge and I died. But I don't know if I fixed it before or after V1.1
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 am

Real V1.1 of Unscary Maze has been released. Why Real 1.1? Because I made a mistake on the last version's name. It was supposed to be V1.0.1. So let's call it that. The version has World 2 and also a few conveniences. You can now switch to fullscreen and the reset functions are less broken. Welp, time to make World 3!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:33 am

It's a nice update. I personally much prefer having to deal with moving blocks than super-thin passages (although some of them were nearly impossible). There is a strange bug, that is if you die anywhere in W2, you can block the black boxes from moving with your cursor. To fix the cheating glitch, try setting the cursor to follow the mouse rather than jumping to its position.

Also, the world selection has 312 squares. Do you seriously plan to do 312 worlds for this game? :?
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:20 pm

I tried fixing the cursor movement problem to finish World 2. But I didn't get much success. I guess this is how it is.

As for the 312 worlds. I don't know if I'll have that amount of worlds. I did this world select just for fun. Just like the world selection on Deja Vu.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:47 pm

There. V1.2 is out! New World 3 with colored buttons and colored walls. You can click buttons to activate them!
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:37 am

Unscary Maze 1.3 is out!

- World 4 with blinking walls. This world is also easier compared to worlds 2 and 3
- Made several levels of World 3 easier
- Made Boss 3 easier. Runs slower and pauses are longer
- Fixed an error where the Boss 3's button doesn't disappear when clicked on
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:18 am

Sorry for late post.

Although the design is pretty nice, some stages in certain worlds are nearly impossible to perform, can't remember which stages though. I'm not sure if the game was designed to be like that, but the bosses are just terribly disturbing and scary. Also, I have noticed a bug where the boss battle continues when you die, so you can essentially cheat through the bosses.

Anyway, nice update. :)
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:06 pm

I literally haven't been working on many games for 3 1/2 months. In fact, I was afraid of using GM again because I'm not used to game making for a long while. However, I have collected my thoughts and I seem to be back in the rhythm with GM.

I while ago I made some prototypes for a game Robert's Quest Through Video Games. Check them here. In this game, I venture through other video games with all kinds of similar elements and references from other games. Yeah, this is pretty much all game-crossover-ey. It's a casual platformer.

I plan to include much more features. Also I want to think of and include new moves and context sensitive bits because right now this is looking a bit bland. But hey, visual-wise, this is my first game using a parallax background and smooth camera movement!

So this week I tried including much more things. I haven't uploaded a prototype but I uploaded this video. I think this is my very first youtube video of gameplay of one of my own games. Here I feature a rough version of the first level, with more abilities, more unique objects, and platforming goodness. This is just to see what others think. I mean I haven't planned this out super-early in development so I don't know.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yXom6VvEmc
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Technos72 wrote:I literally haven't been working on many games for 3 1/2 months. In fact, I was afraid of using GM again because I'm not used to game making for a long while. However, I have collected my thoughts and I seem to be back in the rhythm with GM.

I while ago I made some prototypes for a game Robert's Quest Through Video Games. Check them here. In this game, I venture through other video games with all kinds of similar elements and references from other games. Yeah, this is pretty much all game-crossover-ey. It's a casual platformer.

I plan to include much more features. Also I want to think of and include new moves and context sensitive bits because right now this is looking a bit bland. But hey, visual-wise, this is my first game using a parallax background and smooth camera movement!

So this week I tried including much more things. I haven't uploaded a prototype but I uploaded this video. I think this is my very first youtube video of gameplay of one of my own games. Here I feature a rough version of the first level, with more abilities, more unique objects, and platforming goodness. This is just to see what others think. I mean I haven't planned this out super-early in development so I don't know.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yXom6VvEmc
*clicks video link. sees he got trolled.* YOU GOT ME GOO
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:04 pm

myuacc1studios wrote:*clicks video link. sees he got trolled.* YOU GOT ME GOO
You got rickrolled! 8) :twisted:

Also, I have tried your game, Technos, and I really like it. I think it is going in the right direction, everything is lively and smooth and I like it. Good job! :D