33rd Adventure: Recipe for Disaster

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

33rd Adventure: Recipe for Disaster

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Well, this took a while. :roll:

ABOUT THIS ADVENTURE
I'm pretty certain this is the largest individual adventure ever made. With 58 .wlv files and 82 .dia files, this adventure takes me 4 hours to beat and I know the answers to all the puzzles! My earlier adventure, Amnesia, has finally lost the title of "Largest Filesize for an Single Adventure", with this monster being over 10.5 megabytes! It certainly dwarfs practically any other adventure ever made in terms of sheer scale.

(EDIT: As of the 9th of September 2017, Emerald141's adventure The Rest of the Story has taken the record with a whopping 12.3 megabytes!)

In this adventure, Burntmeat the Thwart asks you to find some ingredients for a recipe of his. Don't be fooled by the simple premise, however. This adventure requires you to fix slaughtering devices, go diving, blow up settlements (for the second time), face old enemies, cross dimensions, steal from top-secret vaults, attempt to get Stinky's DNA, and even escape from Hell itself! Not only that, but you will have to solve some of the hardest puzzles I've ever designed and survive some furious action sequences!

So what are you waiting for!? Download the adventure and start playing!

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
1: After downloading the zipped file, copy and paste the Yot Yot5#yotyotA033.wa3 file into the UserData/Custom/Downloads Inbox folder.
2: Copy and paste the icons recipefordisaster.bmp file into the UserData/Custom/Icons folder.
3: Copy and paste all the images in the Object Textures folder into the UserData/Custom/ObjectTextures folder. Note that you do NOT copy and paste them into the self-created "Custom" folder in the Editor's root directory. Sorry for any inconvenience there!
4: This adventure also requires MNIK's WA3E Music Pack. Be sure to download it!

And finally, I'd like to take this chance to say a big "THANK YOU" to all the wonderful people who make my time playing Wonderland more fun than it already is. I'd like to specially thank Emerald141, for being one of the most helpful, fair, thoroughly decent chaps I've ever met; MyNameIsKooky, who keeps trying to make people laugh even when nobody's listening; and Jutomi, who is such a passionate Wonderland fan he'll probably make a full playthrough of this adventure and upload it to Youtube (but no pressure). :wink:

That's about it, I think. Enjoy the adventure!

EDIT: I realized I had uploaded a testing version with a stupid shortcut. If you're any of the 4 people who downloaded the first version, please re-download the adventure to avoid skipping huge parts of the adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:39 am, edited 12 times in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Does this adventure have a test arrow in it? It starts with a random up arrow in the middle of the first wlv.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:48 am

Getting the herbs at the moment, only have 2/6 of them at the moment...
Could I have a hint for the brr+floing+blink and flash+floing+blink sections? I can get across to the item in the latter section, but can't get back... :?
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: 33rd Adventure: Recipe for Disaster

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:03 am

yot yot5 wrote:Copy and paste all the images in the Object Textures folder into the UserData/Custom/ObjectTextures folder. Note that you do NOT copy and paste them into the self-created "Custom" folder in the Editor's root directory. Sorry for any inconvenience there!
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! THAT'S THE WRONG WAY TO DO IT!
future yot yot5 wrote:Is there a problem with that way or something?
Well, no, but, uh, BAD FORM!

future yot yot5 wrote:How is using a folder for its intended purpose bad form?
I don't like it? YOU KNOW WHAT? FINE! I'LL CEDE TO YOUR PUNY WAYS!
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:40 am

Okay, I really hope that mushroom I started with wasn't important, Burntmeat counted it as one of the herbs... :?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:35 am

Nobody wrote:Does this adventure have a test arrow in it? It starts with a random up arrow in the middle of the first wlv.
Sammy_P wrote:Okay, I really hope that mushroom I started with wasn't important, Burntmeat counted it as one of the herbs...
OH, GOD. New version being uploaded. I'm extremely sorry about that.

EDIT: A new version has been uploaded which should fix this. The old version, although playable, will lead to some colossal glitches and I recommend you download the new version. Sorry! (Thankfully, it doesn't sound like anybody's gotten too far in the adventure unless they used the testing arrow, so it shouldn't take very long for people tor replay.)

To all those asking for hints, I would like at least one person to solve the puzzles themselves before I give the solutions away. However, anybody who has already solved them is free to share their answers.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:53 am

Hnnngggg can someone just tell me how to press the red button in the scritter herbland

I can press the other two but not the red one
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:49 am

Nobody wrote:Hnnngggg can someone just tell me how to press the red button in the scritter herbland

I can press the other two but not the red one
ayy answer wrote:Go for the green button first, you'll be able to redirect the scritter back down.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:47 am

This is a great adventure so far. I'm stuck on the third Nano Moobot puzzle, though.
What I know about the puzzle from a hint given to me (spoilers, highlight to read) wrote:Two of the Moobots aren't moved. One of these is the blue one.
I'm stumped, though. Any other hints?

I'll post my full thoughts on this adventure once I finish it. :)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:This is a great adventure so far. I'm stuck on the third Nano Moobot puzzle, though.
What I know about the puzzle from a hint given to me (spoilers, highlight to read) wrote:Two of the Moobots aren't moved. One of these is the blue one.
Eh, okay then. It's been long enough.

Reveal this hint, one line at a time. Stop revealing when you think you have enough information to solve the puzzle.
HINT wrote:1 - Two of the Moobots aren't moved.
2 - One of these is the blue one.
3 - The other is the red one.
4 - What follows is a full solution, move by move:
PURPLE UP
WHITE UP
WHITE RIGHT
YELLOW LEFT
GREEN RIGHT
GREEN UP
WHITE LEFT
WHITE DOWN
PURPLE LEFT
WHITE UP
Similar tactics will have to be employed during the fourth puzzle. Thankfully, people don't seem to be finding it as challenging as the third.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:09 pm

I KNOW THAT I NEED TO HIT THE GREEN BUTTON FIRST BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BACKTRACK TO THE RED ONE ALL YOU PUNKS ARE GIVING ME THE WRONG HINTS ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:40 am

Nobody wrote:
I KNOW THAT I NEED TO HIT THE GREEN BUTTON FIRST BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BACKTRACK TO THE RED ONE ALL YOU PUNKS ARE GIVING ME THE WRONG HINTS ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know those top-left three cages? The free spot between them is vital to turning the scritter around.
Also yotyot I'm completely stuck on the orange flipbridge in the trout chase. The Pop doesn't even get me to the button.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Also yotyot I'm completely stuck on the orange flipbridge in the trout chase. The Pop doesn't even get me to the button.
Ah, yes. This seems to be baffling a lot of people. Here's a hint.
Hint wrote:You're able to save a turtle from the previous section. Use it to complete the flipbridge section.

It's worth pointing out that Jutomi realized you could use this saved turtle in conjunction with some Pop to SKIP the flipbridge section and go straight into the conveyor room. Although this is a cool trick, I'm afraid it won't allow you to complete the area - so don't try it!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:32 pm

You're able to save a turtle from the previous section. Use it to complete the flipbridge section.

It's worth pointing out that Jutomi realized you could use this saved turtle in conjunction with some Pop to SKIP the flipbridge section and go straight into the conveyor room. Although this is a cool trick, I'm afraid it won't allow you to complete the area - so don't try it!
Gruh...I was hoping I could avoid having to find a solution like that. I tried saving a turtle the first time and it's too hard with the timer...
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:33 pm

yot yot5 wrote:Reveal this hint, one line at a time. Stop revealing when you think you have enough information to solve the puzzle.
HINT wrote:1 - Two of the Moobots aren't moved.
2 - One of these is the blue one.
3 - The other is the red one.
4 - What follows is a full solution, move by move:
PURPLE UP
WHITE UP
WHITE RIGHT
YELLOW LEFT
GREEN RIGHT
GREEN UP
WHITE LEFT
WHITE DOWN
PURPLE LEFT
WHITE UP
I feel cheated because I realized the first
number wrote:007
moves of the full solution after reading the first
number wrote:003
hints, and then realized what the last
number wrote:003
moves of the solution were after reading the first
number wrote:007
moves of the solution, and I feel like I came so close to solving the puzzle without using the solution without actually solving the puzzle without using the solution. I made every single move in the solution before reading them, but I read all the moves from the solution immediately after making them. AAARRGH!

Also I solved the Wraith puzzle without using Blink using method similar to the solution that doesn't use Brr or Pow which Yzfm mentioned on not-pcpuzzle.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Sammy_P wrote:Could I have a hint for the brr+floing+blink and flash+floing+blink sections?
You posed dramatically.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:52 pm

People seem to be getting pretty stuck on this adventure, I've decided to start writing rough walkthroughs to all the puzzles.

Here's the walkthrough for the first part (the herbs): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tYG ... sp=sharing
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:12 am

yot yot5 wrote:People seem to be getting pretty stuck on this adventure, I've decided to start writing rough walkthroughs to all the puzzles.

Here's the walkthrough for the first part (the herbs): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tYG ... sp=sharing
If you can remember back to Emerald's 'Stinky, Loof, Qookie, and Peegue,' that got a lot of people stuck too. That's what long adventures do.

Also in my case they bring back my interest in Wonderland since I need at least a week to finish them, so thanks for that.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:06 pm

deleted
Last edited by loofisawesome on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You posed dramatically.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Okay, I know a walkthrough's slowly coming, but I'm completely stumped on this conveyor puzzle at the end of the underwater section. I already got the key but I can't go back. Any help?
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:26 am

Okay, I've finished that dreaded scritter room, and made it to the second Moobot puzzle in the chomper farm.. and I'm completely stumped. Any hints?

Overused italic words are overused
You posed dramatically.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:39 am

loofisawesome wrote:Okay, I've finished that dreaded scritter room, and made it to the second Moobot puzzle in the chomper farm.. and I'm completely stumped. Any hints?
Sure. Here's the walkthrough to the second part of the adventure: https://docs.google.com/document/d/168Z ... sp=sharing
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:19 pm

I found a glitch: When MWM asks you to talk to Jamiff to see what his favourite food is, if you talk to MWM again there is a 0 FNC dialogue and you can't escape.
You posed dramatically.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:34 pm

loofisawesome wrote:I found a glitch: When MWM asks you to talk to Jamiff to see what his favourite food is, if you talk to MWM again there is a 0 FNC dialogue and you can't escape.
That's odd - I could have sworn I added a response there. I'll check my version to see if it works. Thanks for pointing it out, anyways.

EDIT: Oh wait - if this only happens when you talk to MWM immediately after closing his dialogue, then this occurs because of a Command 22 changing Jamiff's starting interchange. That glitch is impossible to fix, I'm afraid. :(
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

I just finished talking to Slip and learning that his favourite food is fish pie. Now I'm searching for the trout, and I can't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a white key next to him
You posed dramatically.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:15 am

Oh yeah, I need help with the dark blink maze at some point, because I'm not going to solve this thing by myself, probably,
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:59 pm

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:57 am

Here are some minor bugs I found:
Highlight to read (may contain spoilers) wrote:- The tiles immediately east of the wooden bridge in Mr. Zurkon's house are walkable.
- The Tree of Annoyance's dialogue repeats after you complete its challenges.
Also, I'm stuck on the purple Moobot puzzle. Any hints? :P
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm