5th Adventure: Head In The Clouds

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

5th Adventure: Head In The Clouds

Post by loofisawesome » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:03 pm

You'll need my music pack to hear all the music in this adventure!

==CLOUDLANDS QUARTET==

1. Jutomi's Machine
2. Head In The Clouds
3. Flufflefluffle Village
4. Hurricane Control (WIP)

Custom Content Needed:
Jdl's Couldworld leveltexture and water texture

YAY PUNS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. Got a-HEAD of myself.

Okay, I should probably tell you about the adventure now.

After calling Jutomi, you decide to explore the area. What could happen?

This adventure is a little bit more difficult than my last adventure. I hope you like it!

Click me!
Last edited by loofisawesome on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You posed dramatically.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:54 am

Hello Loofisawesome, it looks like your level is somewhat big (1.1 megabytes). I suggest you use the forum's attachment feature, but since it's maximum file upload size is 800 kilobytes, I will also suggest you use 7-zip or Winzip rar; these programs will compress your files into an archive file, and will tremendously lower your file size.

Have a nice day! :)
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:33 pm

ab-47 wrote:Hello Loofisawesome, it looks like your level is somewhat big (1.1 megabytes). I suggest you use the forum's attachment feature, but since it's maximum file upload size is 800 kilobytes, I will also suggest you use 7-zip or Winzip rar; these programs will compress your files into an archive file, and will tremendously lower your file size.

Have a nice day! :)
Using a .zip file, even if you still do have to upload it to an alternate site, will also make it much easier for the downloader to place it in their downloads inbox.

When I try to play this level, I immediately and consistently get an Array Index Out of Bounds error. Are other people encountering this?
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:12 pm

I don't know what's wrong.. The level worked fine when I was testing it. Is there a glitch if a wlv. is too big? It was 100x40 when I was making it.
You posed dramatically.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

loofisawesome wrote:I don't know what's wrong.. The level worked fine when I was testing it. Is there a glitch if a wlv. is too big? It was 100x40 when I was making it.
AIOOB is a glitch often caused by a .wlv being too big/having too much stuff in it, but I don't think it generally occurs until the .wlv reaches 102. I'll test it on my other computer when I have the chance, and see if it's on account of this computer not being any good.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Let my try to reduce the size.

EDIT: Okay, I tried to reduce it. Try it again.
You posed dramatically.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:29 am

So, it turns out that the cause for the AIOOB error was caused by me forgetting to download the leveltexture. However, your problems are not yet over!

First of all, the levelexit from the first room is inaccessible. Gold coin coin gates require you to stand directly adjacent to them in order to open them. Since it is surrounded on all accessible sides by water, this is impossible to do. Additionally, the levelexit is not linked to anything, causing an MAV even if you do stand on it. Make sure to play the level through start to finish before you release it.

Also, as best I can tell, the rooms definitely do not need to be 100x40, on top of there being two empty .wlvs added on taking up space. For instance, the third .wlv is 100x40, but consists entirely of water aside from a 5x5 platform of floors. Try to avoid inflating filesize like that beyond what is necessary.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:First of all, the levelexit from the first room is inaccessible. Gold coin coin gates require you to stand directly adjacent to them in order to open them. Since it is surrounded on all accessible sides by water, this is impossible to do. Additionally, the levelexit is not linked to anything, causing an MAV even if you do stand on it. Make sure to play the level through start to finish before you release it.
There is a red teleporter near behind one of the fireflowers, which will take you to the coins. the level exit worked fine for me when I TESTED IT.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Also, as best I can tell, the rooms definitely do not need to be 100x40, on top of there being two empty .wlvs added on taking up space. For instance, the third .wlv is 100x40, but consists entirely of water aside from a 5x5 platform of floors. Try to avoid inflating filesize like that beyond what is necessary.
Okay, I willl reduce the size in the third wlv., and will delete the fourth and fifth wlvs.
You posed dramatically.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Okay, I've reduced the size of the wlvs, deleted the fourth and fifth wlv., and replaced all the levelexits. Hopefully it works now.
You posed dramatically.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Everything works fine now! Thanks for the adventure!
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:44 pm

You're welcome!
You posed dramatically.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 am

Point of advice when writing dialogue: if you can, try not to go to a new line in the middle of a word.

For instance,
Player: Huh? Who's that? (you answer t
he
phone)
would be better written as
Player: Huh? Who's that? (you answer
the phone)
Doing that makes it much easier for players to read dialogue.

That aside, nice adventure, thanks. :)