Adventure #73: BEDTIME WITH MORKLIN

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #73: BEDTIME WITH MORKLIN

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:44 am

This adventure is the sequel to BATHTIME WITH MORKLIN.

It's been nine months since you took a bath with Morklin. Now Morklin needs your help once again!

I had a ton of fun creating this adventure. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Special thanks to the PCPuzzle community at large for being very supportive of adventure developers and being really fun to be around. This adventure probably wouldn't exist without the support of other users. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:19 am

I can desribe BEDTIME WITH MORKLIN with three words: "It is art."
I also really liked the Steven Universe, it was very interesting.
Thanks for making this adventure, I really enjoyed it! :D
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm

That... was... amazing...

That was magnificently awesome! I really liked how this adventure was, especially the ending that made me go all "WHAAAAA?"

Thanks for the great adventure!
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Wow. That was excellent.

Steven Universe was probably the hardest area. It was a very clever little puzzle. :)

But wait... If Mr. Zurkon was in Hell in my last adventure (which is clearly canon), and now Mr. Zurkon was born from Morklin... DOES THIS MEAN HELL IS INSIDE MORKLIN!?!?!?!?

loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm already stuck on the cuboid-magic-library puzzle.
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:59 pm

This is gold and I love it. Good job! :D
loofisawesome wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm already stuck on the cuboid-magic-library puzzle.
Hint: Use the few ice powers to create a path so that you could reach the Zap-Bot section with Pop, without accidentally touching the white powers.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:22 am

The intricate lore of the WA MNIKverse continues on.

10/10
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:16 am

An excellent adventure in the animesque style, portraying everything gone wrong with the world of Japanese manga and anime. Witty and comedic dialogue gives enlightenment to all who play this engaging satirical piece. The climax of this story is obviously MORKLIN SMUT, for Mr Zurkon is, indeed, nothing more than a hybrid of a sign and a big round fat yellow ball wearing a blue hat. But what of the Z-bot on Mr Zurkon's head? Is it perhaps because Morklin or Bob originated from the Planet of the Z-Bots? Or maybe because Morklin or Bob are secretly Z-Bots? WILL WE EVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH?!?!?!?!?!?

Puzzle-wise, I see that you insist on including extra elements as misdirection. :P
Steven: A straightforward, linear puzzle, with that extra green button and spring as a clever misdirection.
Cuboid library: Yet another of your trolls :lol:
Six-magic room: I ended up not using Brr and Grow. Since this was those type of rooms where misdirections wouldn't work, I'm not sure if this was intended.
Flipbridge room: Let me just say that this was where I felt most stupid. I was literally staring at the last part where the flipbridge was, thinking how in the world I was going to collect the package. I spent so much time thinking about what I did wrong in front that when the answer hit me I was so exasperated! :lol: :lol: :lol:
House within the house: Pretty cool showcase! I didn't know this Floing trick could be used with Flash.

Now on to a serious bug that I discovered. It is possible to skip the whole action part (infinite chompers + rainbow roulette) of the adventure: Simply let a chomper bite you. Then quickly use spy-eye, and wait for yourself to be transported to the next room (Morklin going to sleep). The player will be, miraculously, still alive.

All in all, a humourous, inappropriate, irreverent but fun prequel to the Mr Zurkon series!
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:38 am

Since I'm finally able to upload videos again with the computer repaired, why not? :P

As mentioned earlier, this is the video which shows you how to skip the action part if you're tired of getting chased by infinite chompers. It's quite bizarre-looking, actually. :lol:

https://youtu.be/qXSd6L0vhdA

By extension of logic, in the event that no tricks are used, if the player is killed a few seconds before teleportation, he would still be able to survive. I'm not sure about this though.
Hard-To-Destroy Reptile
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 pm

yot yot5 wrote:But wait... If Mr. Zurkon was in Hell in my last adventure (which is clearly canon), and now Mr. Zurkon was born from Morklin... DOES THIS MEAN HELL IS INSIDE MORKLIN!?!?!?!?

Well, Morklin IS essentially the equivalent of Satan in the MNIKverse.
Last edited by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you all(?) enjoyed(?) this(?) adventure(?). :)
samuelthx wrote:Now on to a serious bug that I discovered. It is possible to skip the whole action part (infinite chompers + rainbow roulette) of the adventure: Simply let a chomper bite you. Then quickly use spy-eye, and wait for yourself to be transported to the next room (Morklin going to sleep). The player will be, miraculously, still alive.
I literally built that section in about 20 minutes and it was meant to be more of a fun little romp than anything (you can also wall yourself into a corner using Grow and just wait it out; get creative)! So ultimately I'm not concerned that it's so breakable, but nice find. :lol:
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:24 am

I need help with the cuboid library. Can't seem to get past the Zap-bots.

Morklin is illuminati
You posed dramatically.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:38 am

loofisawesome wrote:I need help with the cuboid library. Can't seem to get past the Zap-bots.
There's no way to bypass the Zapbots directly. You'll need to use the teleporters instead.

To do that, you'll need to take two separate trips across the collapsing bridge area: the first one to clean up the Null (white magic) chargers, then the second one to hit the button with a Pop charge.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

oh yes

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 am

Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.