New Level - Stuck II

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

New Level - Stuck II

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:00 am

The Original

So... I probably shouldn't, but I actually did come up with some fairly neat puzzle ideas, and I really couldn't help myself. Who knows, maybe I'll make a Stuck III at some point?

The concept is the same as Stuck I - there's a puzzle area with a straightforward solution, but to get past the obstacles in the non-puzzle area (there are only three obstacles this time) you must find and utilize tricks throughout the level. As before, some knowledge of the engine will be required. I'm honestly not sure whether this is harder than the original, easier, or around the same, but nevertheless, good luck! :)

Again: this level was not created to be offensive or critical to anyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 am

ok I have figured out about the rainbow keys in purple bridges and the red wizard.
But I don't know how to deal with the merchant and the crab.
I tried to use the stealing coin gliches but failed.
Any hints?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Edwin Chung wrote:ok I have figured out about the rainbow keys in purple bridges and the red wizard.
But I don't know how to deal with the merchant and the crab.
I tried to use the stealing coin gliches but failed.
Any hints?
Regarding MooseJaw:
As MooseJaw suggests (he suggests this if you talk to him without any coins), your goal is to talk to him without having 5 coins and then having enough coins materialize in your inventory during the dialog, so by the time you reach a certain point in the dialog, you do have 5 coins.
Regarding the crab, are you saying you can't figure out any tricks to it, or are you having trouble getting through at all, even with the "straightforward" solution?
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:43 am

I still don't understand,
how could I materialize enough coins during the dialog?
and by the crab,I mean I don't know how to press that purple button
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 am

Edwin Chung wrote:how could I materialize enough coins during the dialog?
I'll post hints later, but I like a little suspense. There is a way, though, trust me - but as for what the way is, that's the challenge. :twisted:
Edwin Chung wrote:and by the crab,I mean I don't know how to press that purple button
The crab goes three squares above the purple button. You'd need to put the crab there, because putting Brr there would force you to slide.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:07 am

oh thank you so much.
I have worked out 3 areas,only the merchant left.
I can't wait to see how to get that key from that thorny merchant.

By the way,nice pizzle,good job and thank you. :D
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:15 am

Yes, I think MooseJaw is very thorny here. :P

Although realize that the puzzles are all intertwined to an extent... you won't be able to win the level unless you do them all a certain way, and even if you're able to do most of the areas, you may not necessarily be doing them in the way that'll allow you to complete the rest. Just bear that in mind. :twisted:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 am

Alright, here's the full solution.
1. Flash the barrel and Reflash it on the red button.

2. Collect the two Flash charges in the next area. Get four coins and Flash the fifth.

3. Carefully, to avoid getting zapped, Reflash the coin on the center right square of the rectangular area where the ZapBots are circling.

4. One ZapBot will head down and begin following a new path, while the other will stay in its original area. When the one that stays is in the west of its area, head to a square several spots below the coin (but not in the spring). When the ZapBot moves north of the coin, it will fire a laser in your direction. Because of ZapBot logic, the laser will keep firing for a second after it moves, and as such, the line of barrels will be destroyed.

5. Step on a faint Pow charger and destroy the ZapBot that just destroyed the barrels, the one that goes near the coin. Don’t collect the coin, though.

6. When the remaining ZapBot is out of the way (far enough north), put a Floing bubble in front of the spring facing north and Blink into it. As fast as you can, collect the other two Pow chargers, head to MooseJaw, and click through the dialog, stopping after you’ve clicked on the all-caps response. Once the Floing bubble bursts and you’re sprung downward with the final coin, finish the dialog. A rainbow key will appear by MooseJaw.

7. Head west. When the ZapBot is south of the red gates, Pow the barrel on the red button, changing its path.

8. Head farther west, then south. Pow the Fireflower.

9. This is easily the most devious part of the level. First of all, here’s what you need to understand about crab logic: when you get within two squares of them, they will go into a “panic mode”, running away from you, and they will stay in that panic mode until they get at least four squares away from you. Cast the Floing spell two squares to the right and one square down from the indigo teleporter. Blink onto the square below the Floing bubble so the Blink spell gets trapped in the bubble. Before the bubble bursts, collect the nine Brrs, use two on the water near the crab, stand as close to the crab as you can (above the west ice float) and wait. When the bubble bursts, the crab will still be in “panic mode”, causing him to run left.

10. Chase the crab into the water west of it and use four Brrs to press the purple button and return. Step through the spring and, watching out for the ZapBot, collect MooseJaw’s rainbow key.

11. Use two Brrs to get the key behind the purple FlipBridge.

12. Still watching out for the ZapBot, make your way to the square just east of Doondilf. When the ZapBot is about to move north of you, freeze it. Talk to Doondilf, wait through the countdown, and you will bounce against the frozen ZapBot. Before talking to Guggenheimer, make your way to safety and wait for the ice to melt and for the ZapBot to head east and north. (Note that the ZapBots have a very high shooting range and as such, you shouldn’t get in a straight line with them at all.)

13. Talk to Guggenheimer and get the rainbow key from him. You may have to wait again for the ZapBot.

14. Use the four rainbow keys to get the star.
Any thoughts on the difficulty? :)
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Wed May 04, 2016 10:07 am

Oh I haven't thought of this way to get the rainbow key from the merchant.
Nice game 8)