is morklin a double agent

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

is morklin a double agent

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 pm

okay so in the the beginning of mofi morklin tells the player about the sky machine and how when a meteor shower occurs it would be time to activate it.
also morklin is the only guy who apparently has heard this legend. you later discover the meator shower was caused by the void crystal and z bot prime.
and the sky machine is made by the z bots. in potz morklin is teleported to a strange reality. there we learn that morklin knows about te raibow stars but no one else does. then he teaches us flash magic. after he leaves the zbots ambush you. the only entrence to the area was in the acadamy which has a barrier. how did the zbots enter. via flash majic and you and morklin are the only ones who no it. so did morklin betray you to the zbots
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:43 am

I think he's fine. :P

-In MOFI, while it's never explicitly acknowledged, I thought it was fairly implied that Morklin was legitimately mistaken.
-In POTZ, the reason he knows what's going on with the rainbow stars is because he's seen glimpses of these events from where he is.
-The Z-Bot ambush wasn't his fault either. Through the academy is the only entrance for you - but after all, this is a place that cuts through to many different realities, so it seems reasonable that the Z-Bots managed to ambush you via other ways.

So, to answer your question, no. :wink:
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 pm

they never explain why he is the only one who can see the visions
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:they never explain why he is the only one who can see the visions
Actually, I believe they do. (In POTZ)

It is because he is in a special location. (A ripple in time, I think) Because he's at that special place, he is able to see through Time and Space. It's not some special power he has. It's the location that allows him to see all that stuff he saw.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 pm

so that location shows everything going on in the universe. very fascinating. so
im still unsure weather or not morklins a bad guy but im pretty sure he is no
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:28 pm

I think he's a really double agent. I always thought that :?

It was a long time ago when I last played MOFI, so can somebody tell me why he did not want to go to a Fire island?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 pm

He needed (or at least thought he needed) to prepare the Sky Machine for your arrival, figure out how to insert the Star Key, etc.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:41 pm

yoda to answer your question morklin did not want to come because if he went someone else would have to get the sky machine ready and possibly figure out it was made by the z bots. also in the begging of the game behind the waterfall was a scritter. at the end it is replaced by a chomper was morklin trying to kill anyone who tried to get to the sky machine while the player was gone
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 pm

also Yoda in game they never tell while my last post was just a theory. a wonderland theory
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 am

Wonderland King wrote:He needed (or at least thought he needed) to prepare the Sky Machine for your arrival, figure out how to insert the Star Key, etc.
Or maybe he made plans with Z-bots how to conquer the world...
probably not...

Thank you for reminding me :)
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:39 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:yoda to answer your question morklin did not want to come because if he went someone else would have to get the sky machine ready and possibly figure out it was made by the z bots. also in the begging of the game behind the waterfall was a scritter. at the end it is replaced by a chomper was morklin trying to kill anyone who tried to get to the sky machine while the player was gone
What you said makes sense!
Good theory :wink:
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm

yoda agree with you i do