New Mini-Hub (and Feature): The Coast

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

New Mini-Hub (and Feature): The Coast

Post by ab-47 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Hey all, I'm Ash, I've been playing wonderland for a good span, and I'm here to showcase a new feature Aryan and the modding community were working on, the Hub manager program!

Basically, this Hub manager will install Wonderland hubs and make them a standalone game, just like the Wonderland Adventures Trilogy! It also can have its own graphics and features, which is pretty cool! 8)

So this hub has only 3 (recent update has 5 levels total) levels to play, they feature the latest elements added which are the magic barrels, prisms, and homing magic. And to spice things up, I added an Alternate Reality Game (I think that's the suitable term in this case) with a promising reward at the end (I hope!), so keep a good eye on what you see, it may be in the dialogs, it may be in the lines, it may be in the words, it may be in the letters, it may be in the.... numbers?

INSTALLATION

To install, you download file below and put it (WAC) in the Downloads inbox, then open up the Hub Program and install the hub from there (the name will be "The Coast", create a desktop shortcut (optional) and head over to play via player.exe, it'll ask for a resolution and a window mode, you choose this to your preference.

Goodluck, have fun, don't drown. :mrgreen:

IMPORTANT: Requires version 10.3.0
Sincere apologizes to the issues! I've released and updated version with 2 bonus levels, I'd like to mention 2 things:

1- For the bonus levels, make sure you don't open the gates towards the sign at the end, use them to open the gates to grant access to the encores.

2- The bonus levels are not related to the code I mentioned before, goodluck, apologies. :oops:

Note: if you isntalled the previous version, you can download this one and update it via the hub manager.

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ve59ywy ... A.wac/file
Last edited by ab-47 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Mini-Hub (and Feature): The Coast

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Definitely going to try this out, I'm very curious about how the new (or old?) objects work in WAE.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 am

Is anyone else getting a MAV when trying to install this? :?
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:37 am

jdl wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 am
Well this is a very strange issue that other people are facing a MAV and it works perfectly for Ash. I will have to look at this issue.

Have you copied the WAC file to "UserData/Custom/Downloads Inbox/" folder? After that you have to open the hub manager to install. Also can you tell me when the MAV occurs? Does it occur while launching the hub manager or after clicking on install button? :?
Previously known as Aryan101
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 am

Lazy Loof wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:37 am
jdl wrote:
Well this is a very strange issue that other people are facing a MAV and it works perfectly for Ash. I will have to look at this issue.

Have you copied the WAC file to "UserData/Custom/Downloads Inbox/" folder? After that you have to open the hub manager to install. Also can you tell me when the MAV occurs? Does it occur while launching the hub manager or after clicking on install button? :?
Both files are in the Inbox folder.
The MAV happens after pressing install. "Installing content..." is where the error seems to be happening.
The Hub does appear in the Editor's Hub Selection Menu (not Game Switcher) and can be played though, however when I try to play it, a lot of models and stuff are missing and are reverted to the default one.

Once this is sorted out I'll try this Hub out. :)
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:08 am

jdl wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 am
Lazy Loof wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:37 am
jdl wrote:

Both files are in the Inbox folder.
The MAV happens after pressing install. "Installing content..." is where the error seems to be happening.
The Hub does appear in the Editor's Hub Selection Menu (not Game Switcher) and can be played though, however when I try to play it, a lot of models and stuff are missing and are reverted to the default one.

Once this is sorted out I'll try this Hub out. :)
Hmm, strange one, I'll look at this issue soon.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:32 am

DP, but the hub is successfully installed for me... I don't know what's causing the problem... :?

EDIT: Ahhh got the issue! For some reason, hub manager will MAV installing the content if you don't have the content already... I am looking into this issue now, if you want to try the hub right now, you will have to download content manually.

EDIT2: Ok its the issue with Hub Manager itself, seems like Alex forgot to create the directory for content before creating the file which results in custom content file not being created and hence the error. Here's the fixed hub manager, replace the file "hubmanager.exe" with this new one, and install again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Sincere apologizes to the issues! I've released and updated version with 2 bonus levels, I'd like to mention 2 things:

1- For the bonus levels, make sure you don't open the gates towards the sign at the end, use them to open the gates to grant access to the encores.

2- The bonus levels are not related to the code I mentioned before, goodluck, apologies. :oops:

Note: if you isntalled the previous version, you can download this one and update it via the hub manager.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:18 pm

jdl wrote:
Oh hey, you're back!