Stinker Rescue - Secret World

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Stinker Rescue - Secret World

Post by txpeach » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:27 pm

Do we do this to ourselves to cause pain? I've been at it for hours. I finished all the over levels regardless of how I hated some of them! LOL! But this one really has me stumped. It's so large that it's hard for me to take it all in. I have Stinky down pat. How does Loof get the box out of the maze? I have drawn a map of the area and I know it's correct, but I can't figure it out. Qookie has the ice thing down except for the last box in the alley down from the fireball shooter (sorry, my brain is mush and I can't remember what it's called!) I'm totally lost with Peegue! I can't find a single thing he can do in his area. I've gotten to the button that stops the conveyor belts so often, I think I can do this in my sleep! I could really use some serious help here!

Thanks so much!
Peggy Schaefer
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Stinker Rescue

Post by rebel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:04 pm

Peggy

I know how you feel! I've finished all the other levels but I don't even know where to start with this one.

You've done better than me - I can't figure out what to do with Stinky, I've managed to get Loof to put the box in the water (by writing it out on a piece of paper) and I've got ONE box in the water on the ice slide, but I
can't begin to imagine what to do with Peegue - and as for all those
buttons - AAARRRGGGHHH!

I am open to some serious help here!

:evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Marilyn
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:22 pm

Ditto to the above :!: :!: :!: :!: I am utterly & copletely lost almost from the very beginning. Some small help or clues would SINCERELY be greatly appreciated.

Tasha
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 pm

Hi txpeach & rebel,

As a rule I am always happy to give the time to help fellow Wonderlanders with any request for help.

There is however a moral problem to do so with this particular level.

This is THE FINAL level of Secret Worlds and was created by Midnight Synergy to conclude the story.
I agree that there are only 'Hints' for this level and no solution up on the 'Online Solutions' web-site.

I have to therefore assume that this is deliberate by Midnight Synergy and that they would prefer all players to 'keep trying' to solve this level for themselves.

For myself or anyone else to give you a solution would not be correct unless and until Midnight Synergy give an indication that it is OK to do so.

Sorry that this is of little help to you both,

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:46 pm

I appreciate your stance but can you just give me a clue as to what to do with Peegue? Nothing I've tried does anything. I think I have most of the rest of it figured out (well...not really but I do have some parts done!)

Thanks!
Peggy
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Hello - have you read the other link asking for help on this level below?

http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2781

It might help you. I haven't got as far as you yet - but it won't be long :twisted:
Lillie
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Yes, I did. My problem is that I can't do anything with Peegue. I know he's suppose to use the reflectors somehow but I can't figure it out. The boulders? I can make them stack up real nice but that is all. ARG!

Peggy
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:11 pm

Sorry matey - I can't help you as I haven't even got past the first bit of that level yet :cry:

If you are lucky - someone might send you a pm offering a small hint :P

Don't lose any sleep over it - you might wake up tomorrow and it will all fall into place :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lillie
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:01 pm

I wanted to tell all that gave me hints, thanks! Peegue was the toughest part of this level and my poor brain almost gave out trying to get it. I don't think I ever would have if I hadn't had some help.

Thanks again!
Peggy
Hekate
Silver Wonderlander

I'll try- but this is a bit of a peegues-section spoiler!

Post by Hekate » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 pm

I thought you alll might appreciate miniscule words so one can only read this if one wants to. Push the reflector in the channel into the corner so that you can use them to direct fireballs down and back up. |\/| with slashes being reflectors. push the other reflector in that area down and out of the way, but not so far down that it cannot be moved back out. One square of space should be left between this and the previous reflectors. Push the boulder above the yellow 'porter across and RUN down and back up to move a boulder out of the way. Push a nother boulder right to remove three, three are left. go into the yellow and push two left, return into yellow and push the outermost one up and to the right, removing those two. Now place your remaining reflector so as to stop the boulder on the ledge
\0
_ _|, and push the boulder into the corner _ 0|now, position the two reflectors like so (above\/ corridor) and stand at the nine. when fireball passes top reflector, push it left and down quickly to move the fire to vaporize poor coily. (crying for coily and consoled by the words "It's okay, he's in a better place now" coming from nowhere)
9/ 9
/ / /final placement) hurry into corridor, push box up ONE! and collect stinker opposite, run up ice , push reflector back where it was, and carefully move left reflector step by step into position, constantly dodging fireballs. once fireballs are going through web, hurry to top reflectors and push right one as far right as possible to send fireballs back at UFO. push both reflectors down that can be pushed down, follow one on conveyer belt. repeat reflector section below to liquefy box and find another stinker, hurry back into position below conveyer and purple 'porter.

Don't feel bad, it took me a whole six days to get to that level! :twisted: Evil, but not kidding! :shock: :wink:
Now for my problem- after UFO is destroyed, at spot above ice field near qookie, how does one escape the section with the bonus coin/stinker without being blocked off by evil jerk box? Have tried using other characters to push the box and run, but have consistently failed.

PS a word of the day is hidden here, It means destroy utterly.(actually two!) They also each have another meaning, but if I told you those it would be too easy

They mean to make a vapor and to make into a liquid, respectively!! Kudos on spotting this, too!
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon May 26, 2008 2:35 am

:? I hadn't worked on wsw in about a year, because I got so frustrated with Stinker Rescue and I had Wonderland Adventures to keep me occupied. I'm now trying to finish wsw, but still cannot understand what to do with the reflectors. I've read every post over the past 3 years on this topic, without gaining insight as to what I'm missing. Apparently, I need to be able to use one of the reflectors twice, but just can't figure it out. Is there another clue that would help me??? Please. . . .
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Tue May 27, 2008 5:54 pm

txmimi:
You need to put one of the reflecotrs at the top so that the fire shoots to the bottom reflectors, then QUICKLY push the top reflector aside so that the fire continues to reflect. I'm sorry I can't vie you a detailed hint as I didn't play this for a very long time.
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Sat May 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks, anyway. I have read this hint before, but when I try to put it into practice, I can't seem to get it right. Those reflectors boggle me every time. I guess I'm not a very visual thinker. :-)
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Sat May 31, 2008 10:50 pm

BTW, txpeach, are you a fellow Texan? I'm in Houston.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:57 am

Basically, you have two reflectors at the bottom, and two at the top. And one of those at the top you actually push mid-fire.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.