Issue #4 Feedback

Discussion related to the Midnight Synergy newsletter.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:53 pm

Some Random Answers:

Hekate: as mentioned in the Issue #3 thread, there will be NO fighting in the new Wonderland (just like in the old Wonderland).

Wonderland01: the downloading of new levels for the new Wonderland will probably be very easy (I will probably make a format that packs every asset the level needs into a single file, and have Wonderland do the unpacking for you automatically). The creation of the levels is what will possibly be tougher (as in, require more planning) than the old Wonderland.

Loirae: I'm hoping for the end of 2006 (see Issue #3).

Robbie: I skimmed it once, but was just coming back to re-read, and now it's gone?

Mette/lwijsbroek: I definitely wouldn't use "RPG" to describe the new Wonderland, it only uses some ideas from RPGs. I don't care much for reading essays from irrelevant NPCs either. ;) But, with something new, there is obviously the chance that some people who loved the games so far will not care for the new one (and vice versa). Time will tell, but I'm pretty optimistic. 8)
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:52 am

Robbie: I hope you didn't delete your post because of what I wrote :? :( I enjoy reading your "ramblings" and admire yor creativity and attention to details. My opinion was just that: My opinion :wink: :D I hope you didn't take it as a personal attack/insult - it definitely wasn't meant as one :)

Patrick: Phew :lol: That's a relief :D

Mette
\Mette
lwijsbroek
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lwijsbroek » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Again I agree with Mette, please Robbie do not see it as a attack on you, it is really not ment to be this way, sorry if you felt offended :oops: :oops:

Lydia
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:46 pm

No offence taken girls.

I appreciate that it wasn't really clear & something that wasn't really popular so I removed it accordingly. I'd prefer the new program be something that everyone's looking forward to, not dreading.

While it may seem I've had a lot to say... ok ok I've had more than my fair share :wink: ... and as it's been mentioned to me that the discussion to date has looked more like 'Robbie's design diary', I'm not working secretly with Pat (I wish :roll: ) & he's certainly not relying on my thoughts to develop his game. Just thought that should be cleared up...

Robbie :D
Yes, I'm still here... ;)
500 posts here I come!
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:48 pm

You put that deleted post back!
Patrick asked for some suggestions, you are giving him what he asked for!
I really enjoy reading all your posts, looking at your doodles, and trying to envision what your ideas would turn out like.
Some, I think are wonderful, and would love to see in the new version. And then again, some are not what I would like to see. Ultimately Patrick will decide if anyones ideas will fit in his vision of the new game.
Please don't stop posting your very creative ideas.
jg
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:51 pm

I ditto everything that Janet just said Robbie - I too really enjoy all your brilliant creative ideas and doodles - PUT IT BACK because I didn't get to read it :cry:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 pm

I don't think you can put back a deleted post :?
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:30 pm

TheoX wrote:I don't think you can put back a deleted post :?
Then he'll just have to re write it!
(Please and thank you Robbie.)
jg
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:58 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote: the downloading of new levels for the new Wonderland will probably be very easy (I will probably make a format that packs every asset the level needs into a single file, and have Wonderland do the unpacking for you automatically).
That is the best news I have heard yet!

The Custom stuff is so much fun, both to play and to make.

I know many people are absolutely tortured by the download/unzip process. :cry: And so there are probably many who are missing out on alot of excellent stuff.

So anything you could do to simplify it it would be awesome!!!!!

jg

Now go back to whatever it is you do (programming, coding, etc)......and make a a new game! :stinkycool:
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:21 pm

I used Paint to make this map. Of course you know what the red, yellow, and green dots mean.The Blue dot is a level that will make a passage to other levels. The blue lines are passages that were opened by blue dots. The black dot means it will open the black gate. Finnaly,the brown gate is your tickit to exiting the world your in.The brown dot is a bonus level. I will do more updates to my ideas every once in while.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:35 pm

Here is what I expect for the main menu to look like. Custom Editor is for Models, houses , Textures, and backrounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hekate
Silver Wonderlander

Woah, I had a GREAT idea:

Post by Hekate » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah... Assuming that Custom Models will still work as they do now, it would be great if they worked like the houses do.... By that, I mean that one should be able to specify what direction they'll face instead of having to fill up the "Four Model" limit on a model for every direction it could face, so you could place models A, B, C, or D, and, somewhere nearby, what direction you'd like it to face, leaving valuable model slots open!!
I think it's a good idea...
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Woah, I had a GREAT idea:

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:04 pm

Hekate wrote: leaving valuable model slots open!!
An excellent Idea!
jg
mossykat
Silver Wonderlander

Post by mossykat » Sun May 14, 2006 2:22 am

I look forward to the new game in what ever formate it arrives in.
I just hope there is a free demo to try out first. If it's as complicated
as it sounds I may not purchase but I'm sure others will.Image
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:27 am

I just had an idea :idea: :shock:

How about a two-way corner conveyer? E.g. one that swithces between going up and left to use in a lower right corner. And the other 3 possibilities as well of course. As it is now you can't make a two-way conveyer around a corner.....

Mette
\Mette
asf
Silver Wonderlander

Post by asf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:28 pm

I just wanted to say that I like logical puzzles! I've solved that one with Loof and his cousins, not that one with two Stinkers in same room, but didn't understand that one with numbers. I've found out fastest way, but haven't got that biggest number. I though that you can step only once at one number. :?
Visit my site! :stinkycool:

Thanks for reading! :stinkywink:

Call me Stipe.
loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:32 pm

wonderland01 wrote:I used Paint to make this map. Of course you know what the red, yellow, and green dots mean.The Blue dot is a level that will make a passage to other levels. The blue lines are passages that were opened by blue dots. The black dot means it will open the black gate. Finnaly,the brown gate is your tickit to exiting the world your in.The brown dot is a bonus level. I will do more updates to my ideas every once in while.
szai14 made a map too, and black gates are toll gates. I have also made a map, and blue dot is for a blue coin. szai posted his, so his black gate idea stands firm. I have not posted mine, so I will change the dot to purple.

Awesome map though!

Loof 101
P.S. if this made you a bit upset cause your idea stands firm, sorry.
Sonic In Super Smash Bros. Brawl? NO WAI
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:09 am

when is issue#5 coming out :?:
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:46 pm

ben-09 wrote:when is issue#5 coming out :?:
*shrugs shoulders*
I don't know. I think it's bi-monthly.

Is that right?

Okay then fine!(jk)
Loof" :lol: "101
Sonic In Super Smash Bros. Brawl? NO WAI
paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

OTUO

Post by paulm12 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:11 pm

Patrick said it was coming out in june :D
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
asf
Silver Wonderlander

Re: OTUO

Post by asf » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:05 pm

That means... Now! :D

Call me Stipe.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Well, it actually is still June; Patrick has still 28 days left :wink: (and I guess nobody but Patrick really knows when it's coming out)

PS: Stipe, we've posted at the same time! When I started writing this, you haven't commented. :o

PPS: Mette, I like your idea. I'd also like a four-way-switcher
asf
Silver Wonderlander

Post by asf » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:20 am

Lucky-Luc wrote: PS: Stipe, we've posted at the same time! When I started writing this, you haven't commented. :o
Yeah. I'm member of the 4 forums (here too) and on one of them (I'm most active there), while you're posting, if someone else has posted, they will turn you back in "post editor" and tell you that someone else has posted.
Still, there's EDIT button. :wink:

Call me Stipe.
gamer12345
Gold Wonderlander

Re: Woah, I had a GREAT idea:

Post by gamer12345 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:36 pm

Hekate wrote:Yeah... Assuming that Custom Models will still work as they do now, it would be great if they worked like the houses do.... By that, I mean that one should be able to specify what direction they'll face instead of having to fill up the "Four Model" limit on a model for every direction it could face, so you could place models A, B, C, or D, and, somewhere nearby, what direction you'd like it to face, leaving valuable model slots open!!
Actually Hekate, MS will probably add a "rotate" function - similar to your idea of what direction to face - since this game isn't tile-based. And if the game can cope, they might add Models E, F and G!