New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 1

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 1

Post by Chip » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Hello
I've prepared a set of levels: The "Tales Of Faraway Oceans" tell the story of another rescue mission in Wonderland. Here's the beginning.
I'm using the texture 'Tofoship', a variation of Mette's (Thank you!) set 'Wood 2'.
Have a pleasant journey!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey Chip,

You sure worked hard on this level. It's beautiful. I seem to be missing one item to cover all of the buttons. Should I be looking at things differently?
Anne
My List
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey Anne, thanks for your reply.
The word "Hm..." always indicates a problem to solve and/or a hint.
Good luck!
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey Chris,

I got it figured out. Thanks for the level.
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:08 am

Howdy Chip and welcome to the forum and level making.
You did a fantastic Job with this level, I had a bit of trouble with a great button puzzle but finally made it.
I look forward to seeing many more.
Thanks! :)
Keeks
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 am

Thanks, kiki.
That's just what I needed after my first post.
PS: The "Tales" will have 25 levels.
Yours, Chip.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 am

Well, to go through all of the islands, you might HAVE to make 20+ levels! :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I'm still trying to get past the deck... :roll:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 am

The name TOFO is making me think of tofu. :lol:

Sounds fun!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:33 am

Just had to say
:piratesmile:Hi Chip and Welcome to Level Making:piratesmile:

This level looks fabulous, and I'm still working on it. No idea how to do the great button puzzle yet. Get back to you later.

Thanks for this one. :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Gameboy, hi Tyteen and hello Liz
Thank you very much for this warm welcome. That's like coming home.
Chip.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:37 am

Chip wrote:Hi Gameboy, hi Tyteen and hello Liz
Thank you very much for this warm welcome. That's like coming home.
Chip.
This is just a cozy little home built by Wonderland Members, Patrick and Qookie. :lol:

Welcome again!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:02 am

Chip - I later realised I'd welcomed you to level making when in fact this is your 101st level? I've been away from Wonderland, wandering in the wilderness for a few months so I've missed all your other productions.

I think, having looked at the SS Nutshell levels, that you're way ahead of my league. It would probably take me at least a week to solve any one of your levels (if at all) :oops: :lol:

I'll keep trying though - the whole ambience is so enjoyable. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 am

It's probably his first level, since it's his first post. Unless he designed 100 unreleased levels. :shock:

EDIT: It seems to me that he wants to design his levels in sets. So 0101 means "set 01, level 01". :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:28 pm

That's what I was thinking. There's no way he could have posted 100+ levels, if he has only posted 7 times. :lol:
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Liz
Muzozavr is right: This is my first upload, but I like to have the "Tales" numbered as a set. Sorry about this confusion.
Please don't give up. Most of the levels have a simple basic idea and aren't tricky at all. And by the way: I needed weeks to solve a certain "Coin Quest"... :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 am

After about 150 tries I have managed to cover all the buttons twice (in two different ways) but don't ask me how I did it because it always seems to come out different.

Love all the signs and the baggage handling machine.

BUT I get to the end and I just can't do that pink cube/TP/conveyor button puzzle. I've even made a separate level so that I can just practise that bit without having to do the whole thing again.

Help please - I'm losing my marbles! :shock: :o :shock: :o
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Maybe this one helps: Push the first cube back to the corridor, place the second on the button, then bring back the first one to shut the gate by a jump through the teleporter. Greetings, Chip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Thanks for making that extra practice level Chip. :D

Sadly I still don't understand, and what you're describing doesn't work for me. I'll try again tomorrow - got to cook dinner now! :D

EDIT: At last!!! After a good night's sleep I could finally see the pink cube puzzle properly. And after only about another dozen tries I got the whole thing put together! :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

You have an extremely devious mind Chip. This was a great puzzler that looked splendid too.
:stinkycool:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 pm

After working out the goober moves the rest was a bit of trial and error, fun stuff thanks! :D
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Walkthrough:
1. Move Stinky to the ship and collect the first 4 coins. Push the keg into the water and jump to the room for the spares. Collect the bonus coins and wait on the yellow button.
2. Move Loof to the wooden box and push it UU. Push the lower ice block R and the upper LL. Push the box D and step L. This is Loof's waiting point.
3. Move Qookie to the prism and push it D on the red button. (Now Stinky can push it R on the white button and go back to the yellow one.) Move Qookie to the wooden box, push it U and step back. (Now Loof can store it in the upper right corner of the room and go back to his waiting point.)
4. Move Qookie to the steel box and push it UUU. The next box will appear behind him. Push the upper box R in the niche and the lower one D to the room for the hand baggage.
5. Now you have space enough to store the rest of the baggage in the same way. Sometimes, one of the characters has to stand on a conveyor button, so that the others can do their work in peace.
6. And there is a certain risk, that you lock up someone. - Loof has to leave the room after the 4th wooden box.
7. After the 4th piece of spares (a prism) Stinky has to wait on the pink button, so he can cover the yellow one in his next turn. Leave the room after this.
8. Finally you need the 5th keg to cover the pink button. 'Shake' it over the trampolines!
9. The 'Sesam' puzzle:
Let Stinky go through the black teleporter and stand on the button. Move Loof to the lower right corner of the hatch and let Qookie wait in the corridor. Stinky pushs the left cube L and steps back on the button. Loof pushs the left cube UUU, then he goes through the teleporter. He's now in the room for the 'check in'. He pushs the right cube U and goes around it (collecting 2 coins). He pushs the right cube DDD in the teleporter and waits at this point. Stinky goes RR (pushing the right cube on the button) and waits in a corner of the hatch. Qookie pushs the left cube DDD to the right side of the teleporter. Send Loof through the teleporter now: Sesam close!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Fun level. Welcome.

It was a lot of work bringing all the cargo to the right places, but finally I got it done. Only Stinky and friends have 1 crate and 1 barrel made empty yet, after the hard work. 8)

Thanks for the fun. :D
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:20 am

Wow, so here it is!!!

Quite a challenge, so I am going to enjoy this series, better late than never!

Thanks, Chip!