New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 2

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 2

Post by Chip » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Here's level 2 of the "Tales" with the latest developments of steamship technology.
Again, I'm using the texture 'Tofoship'. Wish you full speed ahead!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 pm

I had a few problems with the white timer jamming on me but one of the guys has a mechanical background. :lol:

Another fun one! Looking forward to finishing the others when I have a chance.

Thanks again,
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:19 am

Could you give us a hint about where to start please Chip?

I've been wandering around, completely mystified, pushing a sphere here or there, but not getting any lasting or useful result. :roll:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 am

Welcome aboard, Liz!
It's great to have you in the crew. Now let's go to work and fix these engines. Where do we start?

Hm...

Yes: A "Hm..." is always an interesting place. What shall we do with 'hot' logs? Why not cool them down? Cooling water, a steel box - all we need is nearby, let's go!
Last edited by Chip on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Now why was I so scared of moving that steel box? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

That did the trick, and after some more experimentation with the various spares and equipment the trio got the engines working.

Great level Chip, thanks. :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Walkthrough:
1.Move Stinky to the power station and Loof to the drive shaft. Qookie has to wait in the corridor. Don't enter the room with the sticky cubes yet.
2. Let Stinky go through the black teleporter and walk over the breaktiles as far as possible. (The left bonus coin has to wait.) This deactivates the inner teleporter.
3. Slide behind the steel box and push it to the 5th tile left of the yellow boulder. Now you can push this boulder L to the box, U to the wall and L again into the cooling water.
Do the same with the other 4 boulders. The last one will run through the teleporter to the outside of the ship.
4. Push the box through the teleporter too to get the second bonus coin. Now you can start the power station with the red or the yellow timer. Wait a few moments, until the green boulders run smoothly.
5. Move Stinky over the lower bridge and through the blue teleporter. In the new room you can push two sticky cubes into the tank and (by getting the coin) read, that there's a problem with the third one. Wait here.
6. Switch to Qookie and move him over the upper bridge and through the white teleporter. This will deactivate the inner white teleporter. Now it's easy, to push the remaining sticky cubes into the tanks.
7. Switch to Loof and move him under the left spark plug (cannon). Push it up to and into the cyan teleporter. The drive shaft will make a first move.
8. Go to the room with the spares and push the wooden boxes in the corners. Push one of the prisms between them (3 tiles right of the sign) and the other L and D to the place, where the left cannon was.
9. Push the reflector to the tile left of the sign. Go D and around the lower prism, then push it UU to the free space between the walls. Go under the right cannon and push it UU. The first shot will destroy the prisms and the wooden boxes, and the drive shaft will start up.
10. Let Stinky and Loof work together to push the second cannon into the cylinder (two stroke mode) and to bring the remaining reflector to the ballast tanks (improvise). That's it: Full speed ahead!
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks so much!

I like how everything worked together smoothly, yet the correct answer remained hidden.

Now I know what the signs are talking about. :lol:
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am

Great level, thanks!