New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 3

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level (adv) - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 3

Post by Chip » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 am

Level 3 of the series includes all you ever wanted to know about echo sounders.
I'm using the texture 'Tofoship' again. Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Ugh, your levels are driving me crazy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm having enough trouble trying to decode all the signs... :(
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm

This seemed impossible at first glance but the layout for the boulders and spheres worked out perfectly, even the green, red and blue! It must have taken a lot of work to get the timing right for all of it. :shock:

Great fun, thanks! :D
bob
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:25 am

I appreciate the work it must have took to get the timers to work, it took me an age to work it all out but well worth it to see it all in action.
Thanks! :)
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 am

This was so much fun to work out. I loved the cryptic signs, especially the one helping with the red, blue and green timers. I think the pink timer took the longest time to work out. Once they were all moving they made such a beautiful pattern. 8) 8)

I thought the exit was going to be impossible but it worked out fine once all the equipment was used.

Thanks for a fine puzzle Chip! :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Bob, hi Liz
The red/green/blue puzzle ist really not easy. But there are good news:
The API (Automatic Pointer Injection) for RGB echo sounders is out now!
It doesn't help to solve the puzzle, but gives a good first impression of the device.
Thank you, Znoo-Znee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:21 am

Walkthrough:
1. Move Stinky to the lower red boulder and push it L to the box. Go on the top transporter and steer LUL. You're in front of a rose now - a compass. Jump to the transporter inside it and steer D. Leave the rose R over the ice and push the lower yellow boulder L. The compass works.

2. Go back to your transporter and steer RU. Leave R over the ice. This is the echo sounder. Push the blue boulder L, when the red one is at 1:30. Then push the green one L, when the others are at 12:00. It's close, but it fits.

3. Go to another transporter and steer it above the steel box next to the red boulder. Push the box D. Here's the log, and it has a gap one tile left of you. You have to fill this gap. Go U back on the transporter and wait, until it stops. Then steer DLU. You're just above the gap now. Wait here and switch to Qookie.

4. Move Qookie on the last transporter and steer to a point just under the gap. Now you have to move Qookie U and (switch fast!) Stinky D, so that Stinky's transporter fills the gap and Qookie stops left of the box.

5. Let Qookie push the steel box 3xR, go around, 7xL and U. The log has a 'closed display' now with the steel box at the left and a bonus coin at the right end. Let Stinky start the device by pushing the red boulder R and step aside. Switch to Qookie.

6. Go back on the lowest transporter. Steer DLU. To your right is the map room. Collect all coins, go back on the transporter and jump U. You're in the steering unit now. Go U on the transporter inside it and steer RU. You're standing in front of a boulder. Push it U and leave quickly L through the white teleporter.

7. You're in the front storage room now. Push the lower reflector D into the cyan teleporter and go D yourself. Push the reflector DDD and R. Go to the upper red teleporter and use it. Push the reflector D in the corner of the starboard row.

8. Now you can imagine the position of the other reflector... and of the cannons, isn't it?

9. Try to get the last bonus coin: Replace it by the steel box nearby.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 pm

I managed to get out with gold without activating the central machines - just hit the pink timer and run.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm

OK, this time I did it "as should" - I thought it would be much more difficult, but it wasn't.

Thanks, Chip.