New Level (Adv) - Windows (with walkthrough)

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level (Adv) - Windows (with walkthrough)

Post by annedanner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Here is another "Chip" level with contributions from Liz and me. Thanks go to Chip for being the main window washer and coordinating the task. You'll see Chip's famous sphere signature.

Chip and Liz put together a walkthrough so that's available whenever you need it. It's written in parts, so just holler for the specific help that you need - if any.

Attached is the texture "warehouse".

Enjoy!

chanli01 - Windows
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by annedanner on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne
My List
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:32 pm

I just knew this was going to be a weekender when I first saw it. :wink:

I did have to break it down into a few parts because it's big with so many variables going on it was the only way I could do it and not get frustrated with one restart after another. :)

This was a great teamwork level both on the field and off, you three did an amazing job! Each move had to be worked out, covering the green button, collecting the coin on the yellow timer, etc. etc.

I did use two extra prisms for the exit but other than that I believe I played it totally as intended, I'll be interested to read the walkthrough if you post it later.

Thanks again for a great effort,
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:43 pm

What a monster!!!

Is it for a special occassion? your birthday perhaps?

I played as intended close up to the end, but then I did a bit of short-cut using an unlimited-supply of boxes from the generator to help me in the final water-puzzle. I realize that it was not absolutely necessary, but could not resist the temptation of a reflector blocking the top end of the box-generator.

Thanks!!!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 am

I knew this would be a huge challenge the moment I took a look at Chip's screen shot, like Bob I broke it up as I made progress.
Great effort from all involved, thanks! :)
Keeks
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 am

My head... Good thing I have nothing else to do.
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Walkthrough

Post by annedanner » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 pm

WINDOWS - Walkthrough

1. The spheres
Stinky pushes the blue sphere D and the red one R.
Peegue pushes the yellow sphere U and the green one L.
Loof pushes the yellow sphere L and the red one D (against the coins).
Qookie pushes the blue sphere R (don't kill the Kaboom!) and the green one U.

2. Stinky
a) He pushes the left box D into the pool, then the boulder D to destroy the box in the middle. He goes on the sunken box, pushes the boulder R and quickly steps U. He pushes the last box U into the pool and collects the coins. Then he pushes the boulder D on the red button and leaves the room via the right tramp, when the Kaboom! is heading D.
b) He pushes the left box D and R to catch the Kaboom!. Three boxes are remaining: Two go over the tramp on the coins, the third into the upper left pool. He collects the bonus coins and waits on the sunken box below the conveyors.

3. Loof
a) He goes on the breaktile and jumps D to collect the coin below the red sphere. Then he jumps back to his starting area and pushes the red sphere definitely D into the water.
He jumps L over the fountain and pushes the left boulder D to fill the lower right pool. He jumps and goes around the fountain and pushes the same boulder L into the upper left pool.
He pushes the last boulder L and U into the water, takes the coin and pushes the sphere R onto the yellow button.
b) He jumps L over the wooden box and pushes it R to destroy it. He steps U and R on the white button, waits for the timer, then quickly steps U and L to avoid the returning boulder.
He pushes the left boulder D into the water, the steel box R on the white button and the top boulder R and D into the water too. Bonus time!
He gets on the raft and steers R and U, goes R,D,2xR and U, jumps L and quickly goes U,L,U and 2xL. He collects the bonus coins and leaves the room via the raft and the remaining breaktile. He waits in the open white gate.

4. Qookie
a) She goes U through the blue TP and pushes the upper right boulder L and the lower right one D between the tramp and the pool. She leaves the breaktile L through the green TP and pushes the upper left boulder D into the blue TP.
She waits, until the boulder has arrived between the blue button and the tramp, then she leaves the breaktile R by pushing the upper boulder R. She enters the upper green TP from R and goes back to the starting area, where she pushes the left boulder U over the tramp and into the pool.
She enters the lower green TP from L and pushes the upper boulder D into the blue TP by sliding over the ice curve. She goes back to the starting area, pushes the left boulder R on the tramp and follows. Then she pushes the last boulder L on the blue button and leaves the room.
b) She steps on the ice curve and jumps R,D and R into the bonus area. She collects the bonus coins and pushes the lower two boxes 2xL into the water. Then she uses the lower yellow TP twice to push the cannon and the boulder into the pool. She gets the second coin using the last box and slides round the ice curve to jump R,U and waits by the pink gate.

5. Peegue
a) He pushes the lower box R into the water, enters the raft and steers U,D,R (right coin) and L (left coin). He leaves the raft D, goes L and jumps U. Then he pushes the other box 2XD and steers the raft R between the flower and the boulder.
He leaves the raft R on the green button and uses both tramps to get to the L of the second box. He pushes it R and U into the water. Then he pushes the boulder U and R on the green button and leaves the room via the left tramp.
b) He steps on the green timer and quickly collects the bonus coins, but he stops on the breaktile. He goes U and pushes the boulder L into the water. He follows and steps on the conveyor timer, then he walks over the bridge and pushes the sphere R and the lower box 2xD before the timer runs out. He pushes the boulder U and L to stop the conveyor and finishes the bridge with the second box.
c) He goes down through the lower pink TP and pushes the box 1xD. He goes R through the top pink TP and pushes the left box U,L into the water. Then he pushes the right box D into the water and waits by the pink gate.

6. Stinky & Loof
Loof takes the coin, pushes the cannon 1xD and jumps D the tramp. After the cannon fires, he pushes the prism U and steps quickly D. The prisms blow and the generator starts.

Stinky goes up over the conveyor, through the TP and back, and steps quickly D. He fills all the water in the bottom right corner, makes a bridge to the left side box and puts the last prism on the cyan button. Then he waits above the conveyor.

Loof pushes the cannon through the TP and waits.
Stinky waits until the 2 top boxes are blown and goes to stand in the top right corner.

Loof goes through the TP to push the cannon into the bottom right corner.
The prism blows and Stinky pushes the steel box onto the cyan button. Then he crosses to the left to collect the coins and cover the pink button. He pushes the prism R, past the cannon and down the ice curve, stopping before the black TP so that Loof can stand above the conveyor. Then Stinky pushes the prism through the TP and stands in the left alcove. Loof pushes the next prism R and D, stopping before the TP. Then he goes back above the conveyor. Stinky pushes the prism through the TP and collects the bonus coin.

Now Stinky goes U through the TP, tramps R and pushes the yellow sphere U to open the yellow gates. Then he pushes the boulder L through the TP and goes to wait in the left alcove again. Loof pushes the final prism R,D beside Stinky, who pushes it right over the tramp. Then Stinky goes down through the TP and waits below it so Loof can walk round and move the prism D,L through the TP. He follows and rides the raft to the exit. Stinky goes U then L through the TP and waits for a raft.

7. Qookie & Peegue
Qookie pushes the box L into the water, and squashes the kaboom in the left passage, collects the coins and waits on the sunken box.

Peegue pushes the boulder R to open the blue gates and goes up to the cannon to push it 2xR and blow up the 2 boxes at the top, then he pushes it 1xR out of the way for now. He takes the last coin and pushes the reflector R through the white TP then steps on the red timer and stands in the top alcove. Qookie pushes the box R below Peegue. Peegue pushes it 1xD and goes to wait in the lower left alcove. Qookie pushes the cannon R above Peegue. He pushes it U to the top, Qookie pushes it R through the TP to complete the bridge for the raft. Now they both manoeuvre the box up through the TP to get the last bonus coin.

Now the last 3 can exit.
Anne
My List